Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 09-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
Ice Cream Bombe

Ingrediants:

200g glace fruit
100g raisins
1/3 cup of brandy
350ml milk
600ml cream
1 Vanilla Bean, split with seeds removed
6 egg yolks
2/3 cup of caster sugar
Frosted Cherries (to serve)

Method:
1) Put The glace fruit, raisins and Brandy into a bowl, stir, set aside to macerate (steep) until required, stirring occaisonally
2) Put the Milk, Cream, vanilla bean and seeds in a pan over medium heat. heat until hot but not boiling. Remove pan from heat. Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar in a heatproof bowl until thick and pale, slowly add the milk mixture to the egg mixture until well combined pour mixture back into pan.
3) Place the pan over a low heat. Using a wooden spoon stir the mixture until it thickens slightly and coats the back of the spoon. Strain mixture into a metal bowl, discard the vanilla bean. Set aside to cool.
4) Put ice-cream in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until set around the edges but soft in the middle, use an electric hand mixer to beat the ice-cream mixture until smooth. Return to the freezer for five hours until firm but soft enough to shape.
5) Line a % cup pudding basin with plastic wrap. Spread two thirds of the soft Ice-cream over the base and up the sides of the basin , leaving a cavity in the centre, fill the cavity with the macerated fruit, spread the remaining ice-cream over the top, cover with plastic wrap and leave in the freezer overnight to serve turn the bombe out of the pudding basin and remove the plastic wrap, decorate with frosted cherries, cut in wedges to serve.

Tips:
* A variety of glace fruit can be used including apricots, pears or figs.
* To frost cherries beat an eggwhite until frothy brush over cherries and sprinkle with sugar. put aside to set.

For a Picture:

Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

haagarr has shown a merry dispositionhaagarr has shown a merry disposition
That looks delicious i am hungry after looking at that picture