Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear

Old 05-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,538 Times in 5,971 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Wooohooo!!!!!

Hey wait, who is Roland?
Roland T. Flakfizer.

(This is a very funny movie, by the way! Recommended!)

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), made582 (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013), xmastidings (05-20-2013)

Old 05-20-2013, 12:45 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,799 Times in 3,800 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, my friends!!

Happy Monday!

It is a cloudy day, we still have a flash flood watch throughout the evening. Looks like the rain will stick around awhile. The humidity is here as well.

I have some studying to do today, and lots of laundry to fold. Yay! Haha!!

Tomorrow, I am going to meet an old friend for lunch in Arcadia, which is about an hour away. It should be fun to catch up! I haven't seen her since our wedding.

Hope you all have a nice day!! Stay safe, dry, and cool!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate folding laundry....and I hate studying.....I still wish ya a great day!!!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), made582 (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), snowflake22 (05-20-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Sunny and muggy outside ... it's beginning to feel like summer. Listening to a lot of Sousa marches and Hawaiian music lately. They just go with the season.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), made582 (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 102,947 Times in 18,415 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I hate folding laundry....and I hate studying.....I still wish ya a great day!!!!!
Thanks, track!

What are you guys up to?

Old 05-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,622 Times in 12,680 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I've gotten some of those kinds of emails, too, Holiday. I love them. We don't really have any plans, per se, but they will probably include cooking on the grill. Since I have retired, I keep forgetting the holidays. I guess I think every day is a holiday now, LOL!!! Glad you had a great visit with your brother. I love those kinds of surprises!

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Good afternoon!! It's hard to believe I posted 1 week ago today & it was 33š & I was covering plants in the garden - 1 week later it's almost 90š! What the heck?! O-H-I-O!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! My brother from Cape Cod flew in Thursday & surprised us. He is still here! He was going to leave this morning but he can't get out - It is really foggy at the altitude he will be flying, so he is waiting it out! He might try it around 4:00 this afternoon -I'll just keep hoping & praying he stays safe! EEK!

Today I am receiving all these emails with Memorial Day Grilling recipes...it's making me so hungry!!! Does anyone have any fun Memorial weekend plans??

Make it a great day!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:53 PM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Honeysuckle is one of my favorite fragrances, MerryBells. When I was growing up in NC, honeysuckle grew just outside my bedroom window. I loved when a gentle breeze would send the smell swirling around my room.

Originally Posted by MerryBells View Post
It's warmer here today, in the mid 70's. At last it feels like May instead of February! There is some honeysuckle blooming on my Mom's property, and it's making the whole area smell wonderful. Summer can't be too far away now!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:54 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,799 Times in 3,800 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
it is a holiday here in Canada too, Victoria day! We have fireworks tonight. All the stores, banks etc are closed so I cannot go shopping.
What do you do to celebrate Pentecost, and what is it all about?
I donīt really celebrate it....in some cities and countries there are marches and stuff like that....I believe.......It is the celebration of the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and other followers of Jesus Christ.....it is always 50 days after Easter....so this is being celebrated....in churches, otherwise it is a very quite holiday.......I will say a prayer tonight thanking Jesus... but other than that...we donīt really celebrate it

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-20-2013), Holiday (05-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), made582 (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), snowflake22 (05-20-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,761 Times in 9,571 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I hope I didn't put too much hype into my "new family addition" story but it has been an emotional roller coaster for me!

Early last week this young dog had been coming up to my house and she is just as sweet as can be. She has been hanging out with us and plays so well with my grandchildren. I was not sure who she belonged to, a lot of people around here let their dogs run loose, it really frightens me because I fear they will get hurt. On Friday I saw this boy talking to her and I asked if it was his, he said yes then I asked did they need to find it a home. He said no they plan to keep her. I was concerned that she might get hit by a car because I have seen her laying in the road relaxing! I said if they are keeping her they might consider keeping her indoors or in their backyard so she don't get hit. After that conversation he did not take her home and she ran the streets all weekend long and running in front of cars. I have been in sheer panic because I have already got attached to her. I know I have only known her for a week but she has come to visit everyday and seems so happy being at my house and yes, I got attached quickly! I came home from work yesterday and saw her running in the streets again. I picked her up and walked over to the house where she lives to speak with an adult and asked if it was their dog, they said, "Yes, do you want her"? Oh heck yeah!!! I didn't have to ask to keep her, he offered her to me! I told him I will take good care of her and take her to the vet for check up, get her fixed and more. I had to confirm she lived there by talking to an adult because I thought maybe the boy just said it was his and it really wasn't. So she has been rescued from the streets! This is her first experience living inside a home. She crawled up in bed with us last night and slept with us. Sleeping in the streets to now sleeping in a nice comfy bed getting lots of cuddles!

I am about to set up a vet visit and get her all taken care of.

I will try and get a picture posted soon!

Christmasstar, The name Penny (just like your kitty) has stuck with me because of the song, Penny Lane. It's a possibility but still not 100% sure yet. I am like you and will probably give it a few more days before deciding.

Seawaters, I have a list of names that the family have come up with. My granddaughter also suggested, Phone Dog. Ha ha!!!

Busy busy, I will try to get back on here in a little bit and catch up!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (05-20-2013), Christmasstar (05-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), made582 (05-20-2013), Meceka (05-20-2013), mgramsey (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), snowflake22 (05-20-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013), xmastidings (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Last Achievements

I think you are right, Snowflake...whatever works. It is so sad that a baby can be that scared. I just hate that. And it is so hard to see them like that and not be able to explain anything to them. Take care, all of you, with your pets during this horrible weather.

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
That's great that they'll use it!! I say, whatever works..

I thought about thundershirts for my parents Yorkie, Jazzie. She goes out of her mind, the poor thing. She hides, usually under a bed or behind the toilets. But, on a few occasions, she hid for so long that my parents were frightened because that couldn't find her! One time, she was behind the refrigerator in the utility room, and one time in the cupboards, behind the built-in lazy Susan! She actually crawled under & in! The time she was behind the refrigerator, she must've jumped from my parents bed in the middle of the night, and in the morning, my folks were frantic. They searched & searched, called her name, but she wouldn't come out (it was still storming). Finally, by the afternoon, they called their neighbor Diane, and asked her to bring her dog Max over. Max & Jazzie are buddies, and he sniffed her out, LOL. He was their hero!!

Back to the thundershirt thing, I don't think it would help Harlowe, only because she hates her winter coat. It bothers her so much that she won't potty with it on :/ Little stinker...

But they are a great invention, I think it would help Jazzie. Let me know if you try one for Molly.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

Xo

Old 05-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Honeysuckle is one of my favorite fragrances, MerryBells. When I was growing up in NC, honeysuckle grew just outside my bedroom window. I loved when a gentle breeze would send the smell swirling around my room.
Boy, do I miss honeysuckle ... and fireflies.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-20-2013), Holiday (05-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), made582 (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), snowflake22 (05-20-2013), whitney37354 (05-21-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013)