Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 05-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,269 Times in 5,920 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Prayers please. There is a tornado on the ground a mile wide right now...about three miles from where my babies are! My in-laws have the kids and they are underground, but I'm stuck at work 20 miles north of them. My wife, and the school she teaches at, are on lockdown taking storm precautions...and I know all those kids are scared.

Thanks for the prayers guys.
Oh, that's awful. Hunker down and stay safe.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), made582 (05-20-2013), Ryan (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), snowflake22 (05-20-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,730 Times in 2,167 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Yes, she is!! I was up with her on & off all night. She would try to burrow near my legs or paw at me during loud thunder & flashes of lightning. At one point, she jumped off the bed & curled up in a corner between the wall & closet She had't gone potty since 5:00 that evening, and every time I'd take her out, thunder would boom & she'd high tail it for the door!! Finally, around 3:00 am, the downpour subsided, and I took her out. Feel so bad for her, but these things will hopefully become normal to her after awhile.

Thanks for thinking of us!!

How are you doing with your recovery?

Hope you're doing well, my friend!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I do as well. I hope she can get used to it sooner rather than later, poor thing.... My next door neighbor has four minature long haired Chihuahua's and they have yet to start liking the thunder in the bad storms. She told me that all four of them hide under the covers every time they hear that or fireworks going off....

The knee, well, I'm moving it along, slowly but yet surely! I started PT last week and as they tell me, "you got to move it, move it....", sooooo, no pain, no gain; lol! I'm working it.... but if I slack off, lisa's cracking the whip on me at home; I feel so loved !

Thanks for asking~

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), made582 (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), snowflake22 (05-20-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Please let us know as soon as you can that everyone is okay. That's how we keep track around here, everyone checking in. Thanks, Ryan, and prayers going up right now. I am sure those kiddos are really scared.

Prayers please. There is a tornado on the ground a mile wide right now...about three miles from where my babies are! My in-laws have the kids and they are underground, but I'm stuck at work 20 miles north of them. My wife, and the school she teaches at, are on lockdown taking storm precautions...and I know all those kids are scared.

Thanks for the prayers guys.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:41 PM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Now that's a good one, CAH, LOL!!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
If I named my doggy Jude then we would have 2 "Judesmama" on here! =)
Old 05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,344 Times in 2,948 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. My babies are safe...my wife is safe...and we have a house! Our town though, Moore, has been devistated. It missed my house by about 3/4 a mile. Several schools were hit with the kids still in there and right now search and rescue efforts are going on. Internet access is limited so I may be a no show for a while, but will try to check in as I can.

Thank you guys so much...you are all awesome!!!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (05-20-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (05-20-2013), Christmasstar (05-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), made582 (05-20-2013), Meceka (05-20-2013), MerryCarey (05-20-2013), mgramsey (05-21-2013), momnan30 (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), snowflake22 (05-20-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 04:43 PM

Last Achievements

Stay safe, Murphman.

Originally Posted by Murphman View Post
I'm watching the path of destruction live right now from a news helicopter. It looks horrible.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,140 Times in 4,624 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. My babies are safe...my wife is safe...and we have a house! Our town though, Moore, has been devistated. It missed my house by about 3/4 a mile. Several schools were hit with the kids still in there and right now search and rescue efforts are going on. Internet access is limited so I may be a no show for a while, but will try to check in as I can.

Watching Moore on the news now. Thanks to the Good Lord that you and your family survived that.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 PM

Last Achievements

I read a few pages online and really enjoyed it. I think the chapter entitled "Dave Cooks the Turkey" is a winner. I wish I could find a book entitled The Complete Christmas Planner. It sounds so fun! Thanks for the recommendations.

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
you will so enjoy them!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,905 Times in 9,425 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

Thank God!!! I told my mom about your situation and she has been watching it all on the news. She has called me twice asking if we had heard from you. I am so happy for you and your family. I will call my mom now and give her the report.

Very sad for those who were hit.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-20-2013), mgramsey (05-21-2013), Ryan (05-20-2013), Seawaters (05-20-2013), snowflake22 (05-20-2013), xmas365 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 04:57 PM

Last Achievements

Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers. Praying especially for a spirit of peace and calm.