Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Joseph, Mary and Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:52 PM
63,569 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,068 Views  0 Posts
Candygold Affordable Homemade...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:33 PM
51,483 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Ten Tips for the...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:35 AM
Last post by Jeff Westover
11-04-2012 05:01 PM
74,872 Views  2 Posts
Mr. Krueger's Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:08 PM
66,144 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,983 Times in 3,675 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
suffering from nausea right now.....not cool.....I hope I can go to work tomorrow....have that every few months....and usually it goes away overnight.....how i hate nausea

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-22-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-22-2013), made582 (05-22-2013), Seawaters (05-22-2013), snowflake22 (05-22-2013), xmas365 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
As I was scrolling through your email with the pic of the bike, Hubby said, "Is that a Purple Pig bike?" I told him, "Yes." You see, purple (obviously) is the color of our Major Project for our children's charity which we call the Purple Pig since the piggy banks we use are purple. Last night for the Vice President's meeting, I wore my purple tennis shoes, purple blouse and cover, and purple glasses when I gave my report! I also have purple file folders and a purple binder. I guess I have to get a purple bike now, LOL!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Yay!

It is such a blast to explore while bike riding. While we are at the lake we have our "speed demons" racing around while we go at a very leisure pace. Nothing wrong with speeding around, they are getting their workout in! With us we get a workout but it's just so nice to take it easy and really soak up the atmosphere around us. Every speedy bike passes us on the trail while we take our time looking at everything from ducks, birds, squirrels, boats, trees, everyone walking their dogs and more. We sometimes stop to meet people, especially the ones with dogs! I am always wanting to stop to pet the doggies! We also stop at the dog park and watch the dogs play. Then we take a break to have our light lunch then continue the bike ride. We have our cheap little Huffy bikes while most are on their bikes that cost 500 bucks and up! I don't mind, I love my purple bike!

It sounds like you both had an amazing time. I am looking forward to hearing more stories you have on you and your hubby's bike ride!

For those of you who haven't seen my bike, here it is! Yes, it might be tacky to some but I just love it! One day while riding around the lake I heard someone say, "wow, look at that purple bike"! Not sure if they were making fun of it, or liked it but if they didn't like it, I don't care.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:39 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,236 Times in 7,241 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
The weather here ended up just being heavy rain so all is good. I have been super busy since I was on here last and just about to get to bed.

Have Merry Dreams everyone!
I'm glad you are safe!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-22-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-22-2013), made582 (05-22-2013), Seawaters (05-22-2013), snowflake22 (05-22-2013), xmas365 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 12:39 PM

Last Achievements

Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
All is quiet now, but it was quite rumbly for a while earlier. Since the storms have moved through the temperature has dropped over 30 degrees, it feels so nice now. The boys are still having a very hard time during thunderstorms, they were so, and still are so traumatized by the tornado 2 years ago. Every little noise frightens them, and they freaked out when I went outside to look at the clouds for a moment. This will take years for them to get over, if they ever can.
I'm glad you are safe!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 12:40 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
We had a crazy storm here earlier in the evening ... Thunder, lightning, and about ten minutes of pea-sized hail. I got some video of it. No damage that I know of, but it was something to see. It had been over 80F earlier in the day, but by the time I left the office it had fallen into the 60s. Crazy day, weather-wise.

Had some discouraging personal news today. Time to sleep on it and see how it looks in the morning.

I hope everyone is out from under the threat of violent weather now.

Good night, Christmas friends.
I pray all will be well, Merry!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-22-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-22-2013), made582 (05-22-2013), MerryCarey (05-22-2013), Seawaters (05-22-2013), snowflake22 (05-22-2013), xmas365 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
WOW, that is scary, Meceka!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
This happened right in front of me this morning. We were the first vehicle stopped at the light. The scariest thing I have ever seen in my life - and it seemed to happen in slow motion.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:41 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,919 Times in 13,802 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
This happened right in front of me this morning. We were the first vehicle stopped at the light. The scariest thing I have ever seen in my life - and it seemed to happen in slow motion.
How scary, Meceka

Thank God you're ok.

Prayers for those involved.

((Hugs))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2013, 12:42 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,919 Times in 13,802 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
suffering from nausea right now.....not cool.....I hope I can go to work tomorrow....have that every few months....and usually it goes away overnight.....how i hate nausea
Nausea is the worst.

Hope you feel better, track.

Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Good Morning and Happy Pines Day! I 've not been to the Pines yet so perhaps I'll pop on by today. Keep an eye out for me!

First of all , I have been thinking of all of you experiencing severe weather. Stay safe you guys.

It is still grey , damp and dull here but compared to what some of you are experiencing, I am not complaining!

Baby Isaac and I are going to try and tidy up the garden today.....which usually means I've got a toddler covered in leaves and dirt by the end of it LOL.

Ok , well have a good day everyone !!!!
xxxxxx
Sam
Hello, Festive Spirit - welcome to the Pines! I hope you have a very MERRY Pines Day!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-22-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-22-2013), made582 (05-22-2013), snowflake22 (05-22-2013), xmas365 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
I always loved doing stuff with my kids, yes it never looked perfect, the rows were crooked, flowers trampled but it was always the most beautiful garden I ever saw!

My kids were raised by just me and my daughter made me cry the other day when she said "mom, we had so much fun growing up!" This from a kid who never got new clothes or a chance to take those ballet lessons she wanted, who often only had biscuits and jam to eat.

So keep doing those little things with your kids, that is what they will remember when they grow up.
Aw, this brought tears to my eyes - what a wonderful thing for your daughter to say to you, Christmasstar!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-22-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-22-2013), made582 (05-22-2013), snowflake22 (05-22-2013), xmas365 (05-22-2013)