Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,008 Views  0 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,062 Views  0 Posts
The History of Gift Wrap
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:46 PM
Last post by nightfall
01-26-2012 08:12 AM
56,914 Views  1 Posts
Top Ten Things Santa...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:07 PM
50,413 Views  0 Posts
The Nativity Story...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:49 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 06:14 PM
53,860 Views  1 Posts

Old 01-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,051 Times in 2,767 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning, Fellow Weekend Appreciators.

Nothing like a good couple of days rest to re-charge the batteries.

And say. You just might get a charge out of this:
Days to the Season: 305
Days to Christmas Day: 347
Boy. Just 5 days away from our first Milestone of the year.
Can't wait for that 300-day window to open next week!

A bit cooler/more cloudy/wetter yesterday than predicted, but today and Sunday are supposed to be real nice, with the highs still predicted to be in the 70's and no more rain.
We show 51 degrees here at this hour in the capital city.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Folks!
'Tis the season (01-12-2013), Bradmac (01-12-2013), caninemom3 (01-12-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (01-12-2013), Christmasstar (01-12-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (01-12-2013), gabulldawg (01-12-2013), made582 (01-12-2013), Meceka (01-12-2013), MerryCarey (01-12-2013), Seawaters (01-12-2013), snowflake22 (01-12-2013), xmas365 (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,048 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
how is everything...all good over here!
it seems my throat is finally getting better.....yippeeeeee!!!!! today we are going to the first birthday of Jones ī friend...so talk to you later

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-12-2013), caninemom3 (01-12-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (01-12-2013), Christmasstar (01-12-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (01-12-2013), gabulldawg (01-12-2013), Seawaters (01-12-2013), snowflake22 (01-12-2013), xmas365 (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,377 Times in 9,029 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I just bought a t-shirt at Old Navy tonight that says "Son Of A Nutcracker" for $4.49 on clearance. Another one for my Christmas T shirt collection!

Here is what it looks like:
Love it!!!
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Love it. I don't buy many Christmas T-shirts because I get so cold. I have to wear something underneath, so I prefer Christmas sweatshirts or sweaters.
Do you know that I still have my grandmother's Christmas sweatshirt. We gave away all her clothes after she passed away except this. She wore it every Christmas and I am glad I kept it!
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Come and get it!

Breakfast is ready, and, in an exercise of my vast mayoral power, I've stopped traffic on the highway until Seawaters comes in for a landing. Soup's on, gang!
Seawaters??? Where's the jet??? Bradmac is ready for us! =)

I understand where you're coming from. We all had to memorize our multiplication tables early-on. And if you can't add & subtract by 3rd grade, you're in trouble.
I hated math but it sure wasn't the teachers fault! I did good with it in elementary school even if I didn't like it. It was in high school I started having problems learning it.
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
how is everything...all good over here!
it seems my throat is finally getting better.....yippeeeeee!!!!! today we are going to the first birthday of Jones ī friend...so talk to you later
Have a great day!!!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-12-2013), caninemom3 (01-12-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (01-12-2013), gabulldawg (01-12-2013), Seawaters (01-12-2013), shellie12 (01-12-2013), snowflake22 (01-12-2013), xmas365 (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 07:59 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,102 Times in 26,516 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning MMC!!!!! It's going to be a warm day here with high's in the low 60's. Then the rain is going to move in this afternoon and start cooling it down. Snow tomorrow. I should probably run to the grocery store this morning before the rain gets here but I'm not real motivated. It might have something to do with the fact that there are cars going around in circles at Daytona. Plus football is on this afternoon!!! Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow to go. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (01-12-2013), Bradmac (01-12-2013), caninemom3 (01-12-2013), gabulldawg (01-12-2013), Seawaters (01-12-2013), shellie12 (01-12-2013), snowflake22 (01-12-2013), xmas365 (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Our principal told one of the other third grade teachers that she had received "lots of calls from parents of third graders" (I don't believe "lots" at all.) to complain about the third grade math curriculum being too hard for their kids!!! I was aghast! Excuse me? Third grade math curriculum has ALWAYS been addition and subtraction with carrying and borrowing (now called regrouping); multiplication facts; beginning multi-digit multiplication; beginning division; some geometry as in shape identification, perimeter and area; and beginning fractions. When I say ALWAYS, that means from my mom's time, to my time, to present time; so it's not like a big change in math curriculum happened at all. Plus, these are the things tested on the state test at third grade. We teachers did not determine the curriculum; the state did. Nor was this curriculum introduced this year! The principal wants us to spend our next collaboration day seeing what we could take out of the curriculum!!! Can you believe that? What in the world is hard about memorizing multiplication facts? Shall we not teach it and let the kids be unprepared for fourth grade? But maybe next year these same concerned parents will want the fourth grade teachers not tax the brains of the kids again! Of course, memorizing math facts does interfere with computer time, game-playing time, TV time, sports time, etc. Heaven forbid that we should require homework either. I just had to vent at such stupidity, especially on behalf of our principal. I am floored!!! I wonder what the principal and the parents will say when they get the results of the state test? Of course, it will still be the teacher's fault! Please, let me lower my standards so your kid will not have to work!!! Sorry for the rant.
We don't have children, so I generally refrain from commenting on child issues---but the "dumbing down" of education burns me up. Along with sports for young children where they don't keep score because it might discourage someone. And stories about parents getting into bloody fights in the bleachers during school games ... I guess I shouldn't get started.

Thanks, MC. I am glad your friends went right out and got another dog. That is really a life saver. Your dinner escapades sound, well, escapadey!
A neighbor of theirs had adopted the dog first, but their Jack Russels didn't get along with him. So when Scooter passed away, our friends adopted the rescue dog. I laughed at the name the dog rescue gave him: D.B. Cooper! I'm not going to even try to figure out why they would name a dog after a mysteriously missing hijacker!

Love Tastykakes! I laughed when I read the part about your dad laughing if he had to be mailed to your aunt. Maybe he will meet my mom!
So what's your favorite Tastykake? Mr. loves the Koffee Kake Juniors, the Coconut Juniors, and the Chocolate Juniors. I'm partial to the peanut butter Kandy Kakes ... but we always hope our friend who brings us Tastykakes from Baltimore goes to visit his family when the Ghostly Goodies come out around Halloween (Kandy Kakes with dark chocolate and coconut-flavored cake).

Dad used to say he didn't care what happened after he was in the "marble orchard," but I'm happy he'll be going home to rest with the rest of our family, be it by carry-on or by mail. After all the estate misadventures, this is going to be done as right as I can make it happen. Thank heaven, when I called the cemetery to explain the situation, the guy in charge knew Dad and is now burgess (mayor) of the town. He asked permission to pass the date and time along to other people who worked with, and went to school with, Dad. So I think there will be a tidy little crowd there to see Dad off, including the list of people my aunt is going to invite. I think he'd be pleased.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-12-2013), gabulldawg (01-12-2013), Meceka (01-12-2013), Seawaters (01-12-2013), shellie12 (01-12-2013), snowflake22 (01-12-2013), whitney37354 (01-14-2013), xmas365 (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We have those same issues! Also, we have stepped up our intruder drills lately!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
It was a great week! We are just having a lot of facilities issues....old buildings are a lot of work!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I hope the doctor can figure out a good plan of action.

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
I get 50% off on a sub. I also have the whole weekend off!
Looking forward to it, having trouble with a lot of pain in my arms from repetitive moving and heavy lifting. My doctor says if it does not go away in a couple of weeks he wants to take me off work for awhile. After a very busy night my arm is so sore it even hurts to type. I am going to take something and see if I can get some sleep.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 AM

Last Achievements

Thanks, 'Tis the Season. You take care, too! How's your weather over there?

Originally Posted by 'Tis the season View Post
Happy weekend everyone. Three and a half hours at work this morning and then I'm free to enjoy the rest of the weekend, whoo hoo. I hope everyone is doing something enjoyable this weekend, so stay safe and be happy people. Also anyone who's feeling a bit poorly , get well soon.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,957 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Just a quick pop in to say hello to my Christmas friends! What a week. Everything is good ,just really busy like everyone else I guess. I am so glad to see we are almost at the 300 day window to the season! That always makes me happy to get out of the 300's ! Today the weather is nice; twilight zonish warm though...but nice. I guess we will cool down on Tuesday but even then it's just going to be in the 40's overnight. Anyhow I have to do yardwork today and weed the garden! Have a great sat everyone!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM

Last Achievements

Be there soon. We are so lucky to know you and have you stop traffic for us. Thanks, Bradmac. I think I forgot to ask: Did you go mistletoe huntin' this Christmas?

Come and get it!

Breakfast is ready, and, in an exercise of my vast mayoral power, I've stopped traffic on the highway until Seawaters comes in for a landing. Soup's on, gang!