Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Homemade for the Holidays
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:31 PM
48,111 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part II:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:43 PM
58,793 Views  0 Posts
The Scientific Theory of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:36 PM
50,634 Views  0 Posts
The Legend of The Boar
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:58 PM
53,625 Views  0 Posts
The Mythical Beginnings...
By MMC Editor
07-17-2011 12:19 PM
0 Posts

Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The ducks are so funny. What a memory they are making for you to tell your grandkids!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
The alarm guys are finally gone. My husband stopped home so I was able to run my daughter to the doctor. So everything worked out. Oh and the ducks are here again, they're in the pool right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 PM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Is this a K-cup, a mix, or your own concoction?

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
enjoying a hot mug of pumpkin spice hot chocolate, trying to warm up as temps continue to drop down to 4c (39f)
Old 05-23-2013, 10:27 PM

Last Achievements

Wow, that is a long time! Glad you have your house back now!

The workers were here for 9 hours. I don't mean to complain but it was hard keeping the dogs away from them. They were in and out of every room of the house so I didn't know where to go. I was just carrying the dogs around, trying to stay out of their way. Glad that's over.
My two oldest are working. It hasn't rained yet but it looks like it will. The winds are picking up too. I'm going to cook dinner for my husband now, he should be here soon. Be back later.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 PM

Last Achievements

Still cleaning and organizing for us. House plans were returned to the architect for some minor changes. Then they will go to the inspector and we will soon begin. But, of course, the major thing is packing up stuff to store while the work is being done. No rest for the wicked! Have fun with the baby-shopping. I had no idea that you can now shop for a baby. I did it the old-fashioned way: hospital, drugs, push, push, push, and then, voila!!! LOL!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Hey gang! Hope this finds everyone enjoying their day! We are on the verge of a holiday weekend and I can't wait. Time off is exactly what the doctor has ordered for me! We are going to do a little baby shopping and some decorating this weekend. Another day will be spent washing the car and fixing the yard, and the last day will be spent on the couch....

Yep, I'm excited! What's everyone else going to do?
Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 PM

Last Achievements

I am lucky like that, too, HMG. In addition to the house-building, Hubby does the housework and yardwork. I do most of the cooking and the laundry. We share dishwashing tasks. He also puts gas in my car. I can count on two or three fingers the number of times I have put gas in my car in the last 17 years!

I am so use to my husband doing all of the work in the house by himself, I forgot how inconvenient it is to have workers in the house all day!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:43 PM

Last Achievements

Good idea on the movies. I might watch those also. Thanks for the reminder!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Not sure, thinking about catching up on our queue on Netflix!!

I am in the mood for Fall, and may watch When Harry Met Sally & Something Wicked This Way Comes.

How about you, friend?

You & your community are in my thoughts and prayers.

xx

Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 PM

Last Achievements

A quick good night. I am so tired and need some rest. TTYT
Old 05-24-2013, 02:13 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,899 Times in 650 Posts
ClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnog
Morning all!! Hope this finds you all well! Had the week off work to catch up on some jobs around the house! cant believe its friday already! why does it fly by when your not at work ha!!

Have a great day!!xx
Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,980 Times in 1,270 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Festive Spirit, how are you doing, friend? You have been in my thoughts a lot after what has happened in your country. Take care, please. Prayers for calm and peace for you.
Thank you SW. I appreciate your kind words. Such sadness for this poor man and his friends and family. All soldiers have been warned not to wear there uniforms in public. So far there has been a couple related incidents across the country - ''revenge'' attacks by activists. We just hope and pray that this doesn't escalate into something more.

Nothing special planned here in northern California. We will probably grill out at some point. Tonight we have a Cub Scout Bridge Ceremony to attend. It is the ceremony where those who will be going to Boy Scouts cross over the bridge into their new beginnings. There will be dinner afterwards.
How lovely, How did it go?

I forgot to ask if your son will return to school after two weeks. When does he officially get out of school for the summer, or does he? Do you have any plans for the time off?
They return to school after the two week break and then break up for summer end of July for 6 weeks. We would like to do some day trips and perhaps a mini break somewhere. Other than that I am going to come up with some activities to do at home and there is a nice park nearby. I also want the kids to learn to swim this summer. Jacob is 5 and a little reluctant. Isaac is 1 so fingers crossed they enjoy it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-24-2013), made582 (05-24-2013), Seawaters (05-24-2013), snowflake22 (05-24-2013), xmas365 (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 03:16 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,980 Times in 1,270 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Today things are looking brighter. I got some unexpected GOOD news today concerning the same matter that threw me into the blues earlier this week, when I received bad news. You folks must have been praying with me!
That's wonderful to hear! Makes a nice start to your three day weekend
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-24-2013), made582 (05-24-2013), MerryCarey (05-24-2013), Seawaters (05-24-2013), snowflake22 (05-24-2013), xmas365 (05-24-2013)