Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,436
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Kings of Extravagance
By MMC Editor
06-29-2002 08:08 PM
39,837 Views  0 Posts
How to Make the Most of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:55 PM
47,583 Views  0 Posts
The Year Santa Was...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:33 PM
54,401 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,087 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Great Quotes of Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 11:05 PM
0 Posts

Old 06-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,311 Times in 3,114 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
This made me laugh! I grew up in dairy country---my elementary school playground was right next to a cow field. When the kickball got away from us, we had to crawl under the electric fence into the cow field to get it back. Then there was the day the cow gave birth during recess ...
Sounds like you had some interesting (and stinky) recess's!!! Lol!!! We get that fresh country air quite often here in farm country!

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I could just hear the invitation in your voice. I will fire up the Lear when it's time!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!! The more the merrier!!!!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good afternoon, MMC!

There was quite a storm not too far from here - we just ended up with a bit of rain and some wind. There was a lot of damage in a few of the towns not too far away.

As far as I know the critter is still in the house. I made so many calls today and have nothing to show for it but more numbers to call tomorrow, so call I will.

Be safe and MERRY!!
Glad the storms missed you! I hope you get the critter soon. I think I would be having some sleepless nights!!! EEK!!!

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good evening,

My wifi went down for a few minutes, but it looks like it is all set for now. Just watching the post game show now. I received a phone call from my aunt earlier, she called to tell me her ex-husband passed away today, she was a little distraught and crying even though they divorced about 20 years ago. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor 3 weeks ago, and went downhill very fast. He beat leukemia 30 years ago, and he was a nice guy, his sense of humor was very similar to mine. He will be missed. When I lived with my grandparents he and my aunt would come over for Sunday night Uno games, that will be my fondest memory of him, the fun and conversations.

RIP D.D.

Good night all.
So sorry to hear about your uncle. Keeping you all in my prayers!!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
My daylilies are starting to bloom.

And the Clematis vine on our mailbox.

I noticed my daylillies blooming last night! My clematis is done already! Booo!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!!!! It's going to be another warm day here with a high of 85. Not much on my agenda today. Just clean, clean, and clean. Hopefully my buddy doesn't show like he did yesterday and I can actually get it done. I'm also still trying to get over the nightmare I had last night. I was in the hospital and Sugar was my nurse. She kept coming in and sticking me with needles constantly. She was laughing while she was doing it too. So that has me a bit traumatized this morning. Well I'm off. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Will you come & clean, clean, clean my house too??? That is on my agenda for lunch today & tonight too. I got started on it last night. NO FUN!!! Lol!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

How are you today?

Hope you all stay cool with the heat & humidity. We are having a bit of a reprieve today, with a high of 73 degrees. It's partly cloudy & there's a nice breeze, so we turned the AC off & opened the house up.

I had a fun weekend at my parents house, and spent a lot of quality time with Dad for Fathers's Day. Love being able to drive home so easily!! And with such a beautiful drive-my most favorite one.

Seawaters, I finally got some photos of Mom wearing the Yorkie/Jazzie necklace I had made for her for Mother's Day! She loves it!!

Attachment 1789

Attachment 1790

Attachment 1791

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a pretty lady! Beautiful necklace too! Nice work!! Sounds like you had an awesome Fathers Day weekend! I have the windows open at work here too. It's actually a little bit chilly! I'm sure that will change this afternoon!!

Harlowe loves looking out my parents bay window!! So does Jazzie. They team up when we're there, and get into mischief They were both scared of something on Saturday night before bed, and we couldn't figure out what. When I laid down to go to sleep, I figured it out. Someone was letting off fireworks nearby. Harlowe wanted to jump down off the bed, away from the window. She scratched to get out of the bedroom, so I opened up the door for her. She nudged open the door to my parents bedroom, and went in there for comfort. They slept through it, but Jazzie didn't! She was hiding under the bed =] They played for a bit in the living room, got frightened again, then they both came and wanted to get into bed with me! It was quite an interesting night. Anyways, here's a cute pic of a curious Harlowe looking out the window!

Attachment 1792

SO CUTE!!

My Mom is always working on a quilt or some sort of craft project. Right now, she's doing a Christmasy one! She has been going to Estate sales, and purchasing vintage Christmas ornaments to make a wreath. She has found some amazing ones!! And got such good deals!!

Attachment 1793

Attachment 1794

Attachment 1795

I want to go with her, now!! =]

How cool is that?? LOVE IT!!

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good morning,

It is a nice sunny day here, so far, I have been busy cleaning up and started the chicken for dinner. My whole chicken in a crockpot recipe!!!! I also have my snickerdoodle dough chilling in the fridge. We will be eating well tonight!!!

I am going to JP's school for a little program at noon, he is so excited I am going because it always seems I am working when these things go on.

I hope you all are having a good day.
What time is supper? YUM!!

Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
Ok, I lied. No pool today. It's raining, hooray! I lit my pine candle and am about to listen to the Merry Podcast.
Originally Posted by MerryBells View Post
Sounds like a good idea. I think when I get out of work, I'm going to light my White Christmas candle and read a Christmas book. It's a grey day here, and I can pretend it's cold and going to snow.

Have a great day, everyone!
This makes me want to go home & light a Christmassy candle & read a good Christmas book!!! This darn work thing! HA! ENJOY!!!

Good morning - oops, afternoon everyone!!!! Last night I got the trees & flowers watered, I steam mopped the floor, did 3 loads of laundry, hung on the line, folded & put away, I cleaned off our air hockey table in the basement that seemed to have become a "catch all" table! I got day 1 of week 5 C25K done, unloaded & re-loaded the dishwaser...BUT there is lots of work to do yet before tomorrow night!!! It's almost lunch time & I'm planning to do some dusting. Fun, fun!! Hope you are all having a great day!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (06-18-2013), made582 (06-18-2013), Meceka (06-18-2013), MerryCarey (06-18-2013), Ryan (06-18-2013), Seawaters (06-18-2013), snowflake22 (06-18-2013), xmas365 (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good to see you, Claire. How are things in the UK?

Originally Posted by ClaireLovesChristmas View Post
Morning all!! Hope this finds you all well!! 189 days to go!!!!

Best get the girls ready for school, will be back soon for a catch up!!! xxx
Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That is so funny! I guess it was a great surprise for him, then!

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
It was good thanks. The kids and I made sure their dad had a nice day at home. He actually thought it was the following week so he was really pleased.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,311 Times in 3,114 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I just walked out to the mailbox...what a BEAUTIFUL day!!! Now I REALLY don't feel like cleaning!!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (06-18-2013), made582 (06-18-2013), Meceka (06-18-2013), Ryan (06-18-2013), Seawaters (06-18-2013), snowflake22 (06-18-2013), whitney37354 (06-18-2013), xmas365 (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 AM

Last Achievements

I know what you mean about being tired. I took a FOUR-HOUR NAP yesterday!!! I have had a sore throat for a few days, so I guess that was the reason for the tiredness; plus we are working on packing things up to move stuff into the garage for our remodeling of the kitchen. House plans were submitted yesterday to the inspector. As soon as he gives the go-ahead, we will begin construction. Then I really will have something to be tired about. Did I tell you about the Myer's Cocktail, a micro-nutrient infusion? If you have time, check it out. Take care, Festive Spirit.

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
It was a quiet weekend for us. Grey and dull here over the weekend. Slightly brighter today.

I am feeling better thanks but not a 100% yet. How are you doing?

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. I have only skimmed over some of the posts so I hope I haven't missed anything too important. I've not much planned today I want to take baby to the park but I feel exhausted.

I hope you all have a good day......

xxxx
Christmasstar (06-18-2013), Festive Spirit (06-19-2013), Holiday (06-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (06-18-2013), made582 (06-18-2013), mgramsey (06-18-2013), Ryan (06-18-2013), snowflake22 (06-18-2013), xmas365 (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 AM

Last Achievements

I have seen such a person, Xmas Tidings--I, for one! Also, Dawg, Made, Coach (I think), and Xmas, to name a few, LOL!!!

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
LOL.... Ha-ha-ha, good catch there MC, I'm just a little ahead of myself there! Have you ever seen a person, in such a hurry to get to the Fall????
Old 06-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,852 Times in 2,714 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Harlowe loves looking out my parents bay window!! So does Jazzie. They team up when we're there, and get into mischief They were both scared of something on Saturday night before bed, and we couldn't figure out what. When I laid down to go to sleep, I figured it out. Someone was letting off fireworks nearby. Harlowe wanted to jump down off the bed, away from the window. She scratched to get out of the bedroom, so I opened up the door for her. She nudged open the door to my parents bedroom, and went in there for comfort. They slept through it, but Jazzie didn't! She was hiding under the bed =] They played for a bit in the living room, got frightened again, then they both came and wanted to get into bed with me! It was quite an interesting night. Anyways, here's a cute pic of a curious Harlowe looking out the window!

Attachment 1792

Thanks for sharing! I love seeing pictures of that sweet dog!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-18-2013), Holiday (06-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (06-18-2013), made582 (06-18-2013), Seawaters (06-18-2013), snowflake22 (06-18-2013), xmas365 (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,852 Times in 2,714 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
My Mom is always working on a quilt or some sort of craft project. Right now, she's doing a Christmasy one! She has been going to Estate sales, and purchasing vintage Christmas ornaments to make a wreath. She has found some amazing ones!! And got such good deals!!

Attachment 1793

Attachment 1794

Attachment 1795

I want to go with her, now!! =]

Awesome!

When I first saw these pictures I got excited as I thought perhaps it was late September and Christmas Blossoms was already upon us! Then I stepped outside and remembered it's only June.

But thanks for sharing the pics...something to hold us over.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Holiday (06-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (06-18-2013), made582 (06-18-2013), Seawaters (06-18-2013), snowflake22 (06-18-2013), xmas365 (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM

Last Achievements

Two things that might help with the pills: There is a product (Pill Pockets) that is tasty to animals and is used primarily to "hide" the pills. We used them for a while on our cat. Now we crush the pill with the back of a spoon until the pill is a fine powder. Then we mix that with a little of the cat food; then we stir that into the remainder of the cat food. By the way, we use canned cat food, the kind that is "soft," meaty-looking.

Thank you so much!
I am having a hard time getting Maggie to take the pills. I'm cutting them up and trying to hide them her food but she is such a picky eater. This is going to be a challenge!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:32 AM

Last Achievements

Two comments: No wonder you are tired with all that running around you do! I am tired just reading it, LOL! And your daylilies look beautiful!

My daylilies are starting to bloom.