Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Somewhere in France
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:14 PM
50,283 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas When Life...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:23 PM
44,633 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Things Never to...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:54 PM
46,099 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,597 Views  1 Posts
Halloween: What's the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:28 PM
48,180 Views  0 Posts

Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
LOL, Merry Carey. Never thought of that one. If you don't mind, I will email that to Father Arturo and let him tell Pope Benedict!!! That was a real good one!!!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
It makes me smile to picture Pope Benedict surrounded by four "saints"!

I hope you're feeling better today, Seawaters.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,189 Times in 3,094 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by brittd19 View Post
Alrighty my dearest friends, How is everyone?!?!!?
I am Super! Been missing this place & have finally had a little bit of time for myself to cruise places I have been neglecting (so sorry )!
So i will share a bit of an update from my recently crazy life and answer (if wondering) where the heck i've been!

First off, back in November I found out my then Bf was cheating on me with someone I considered a close friend. Left him in the dust & never looked back along with her. London & myself moved back in with my parents, but after a taste of freedom and being 23.. I decided I did not want to live with my family. As great as they are and as much as I love them, I needed my space.. No disrespect to them, Very grateful they let me move back in.. just.. needed space hahahah
This may sound selfish, but I had decided that nothing was really holding me down in Port Alberni anymore, it was time to live life the way I wanted to live my life. I was pretty well at my lowest point last christmas, with a deadend, minimum wage job at walmart (which I never did get that promotion, a guy that had just been hired was offered it instead.. bahumbug), Newly Single, living with ma & pa... okay you get the picture I was a depressed mess hahaha. At the beginning of January, An opportunity had come up to move out of port & to nanaimo, in with a girl I have known since grade 7, her name is also Brittany hahaha! (talk about confusing our landlords, and... pretty well everyone else since it sounds like we talk in third person muahaha). I hopped at that opportunity & said Yes! (yes without having a job in Nanaimo, yes without having any $ saved.. yes I was nervous hahaha).

It was planned that i move down for Feb. 8/2013, so The job search began.. handed out Several resumes and got one call back, but was not to keen on what they had offered me, so I held out... until a friend messaged me one day asking if i still needed a job annnnnnd i sure did. Her employer needed a full time position filled! So in true Brittney form, I Travelled down to nanaimo the same day my friend asked me if I needed a job, without knowing if anyone would be able to talk to me that night, but decided I needed a job asap, so I needed to show initiative. January 21st I was hired on the spot as a Private Care-giver for a young woman with cerebral Palsy (and occasionally her twin sister). I had met her mother & herself, and after the interview, I was offered the position!!! Everything had fallen into place, however I was still living in Port at that time which is about an hour away and still employed at walmart! So for those next couple weeks I worked everyday & commuted an hr each way in between shifts! Family was VERY resistant on me moving out of town... and so were my friends, but I needed to change my life & now was the perfect time.

Okay, wow a bit of a novel so I will make this part a little quicker haha! **about a month later** after living in Nanaimo a couple weeks, I decided I needed to make some friends.. and Since I'm Socially awkward, I figured I'd check out a Dating site. I even put in my profile I was just searching for new friends to go out and do stuff with, NO RELATIONSHIP. WELL funny story, turns out when you find someone as amazing as I have... you end up in a relationship hahahaha
His name is Ryan, and he lives up North (yes long distance). We have met a couple times (he came and stayed in nanaimo, I travelled up north to Penticton for a Power Soccer tournament! <-- sooo cool, the young lady I look after plays!!). He is wonderful!! Treats me like an angel, and for the first time in my life... I can actually communicate easily with someone hahaha (I'll be the first to admit I am AWFUL at communicating my emotions, feelings etc). We have been together 4 months (on the first) and he is planning to move down to Nanaimo in October! In the short amount of time we have known each other... He has made me feel more beautiful and confident about myself, then I ever have before.. With all of these changes in my life, I am on top of the world with happiness. When you start living the way you want too, Everything around you just seems to start to match up and finds its way.
The only downer in my life is, since I am working Super full time hrs (95+) every two weeks... I decided it would not be a good choice for me to take london with me. Making that decision Broke my heart, but she is Living at my parents so I do take her sometimes & I go visit her.

I could go on and on and on.. But I think I will stop it here! Gave you guys quite the afternoon read hahah..

Oh 2 more things, I got a Little Mermaid Tattoo Sleeve on my Right Arm (mom was not impressed with that.. oopsies!) AND I have sent Christmas cards out!!! Hopefully they make it before christmas in July! but they have FINALLY been sent! Sorry for lacking on my sending of cards in the past couple years & sorry they are so late... Sigh... Wee bit embarassing, but they're coming!
Awesome Britt! Welcome back!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Here you go, Xmas!!!

Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob

Wrap raw ears of corn with two strips of bacon each. Then wrap each ear of corn in tin foil. Grill 15 minutes over medium-high heat, turning once.

Spanish Corn

Mix 1/4 cup grated parmesan, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 grated garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. each chopped oregano and pepper. Brush on raw ears of corn. Roast at 425 degrees until golden.

Mexican Corn

Brush grilled ears of corn with mayonnaise; sprinkle with cotija cheese, cayenne pepper and lime juice.
Mmmmmm...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-25-2013), HomemakinGirl (06-25-2013), made582 (06-25-2013), Seawaters (06-25-2013), snowflake22 (06-25-2013), xmas365 (06-25-2013)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:41 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It is lovely, indeed!

I found this on the Internet yesterday and knew you "fall fans" would enjoy it! (Look closely---it's animated)

Old 06-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Last Achievements

Let us know how it turns out!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
oh, other exciting news...I am part of a free cycle group where people give away stuff they no longer want, or ask if anyone has something they may need. Anyway this ad appeared this morning...

I'm moving to BC and I can't take it all with me. I know this is last minute but it needs to be picked up by Friday.

Wrapping paper, ornaments, lights, garland, wreath, Christmas tree, and other goodies. Take some, take all.

Please reply with times you can pick up.
I told her I would take it all! Now just waiting for an answer.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 AM

Last Achievements

Hope you have an "unbusy" day soon, HomemakinGirl!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good morning!
How is everyone doing?
I am doing well, still trying to recover from our super busy week that just passed. I had hoped things would slow down for me after my daughters prom and graduation but there is never a dull moment in this house. Always something to do or somewhere to be. But its all good. I just wish I had more time to post here. I feel like everytime I start to type something I have to stop to do something, lol. But I read the countdown when ever I can so I know whats going on with all of you. I read from my phone when I'm walking the dogs or waiting in my car for my daughter to get out of work or even on line in the supermarket!
Anyway, typical day here. Daily chores and errands. My youngest started drivers ed yesterday and that will be everyday for about a month. I'm hoping she does well with the instructor because I am still a nervous wreck when I drive with her.
Nothing else is really new with me. I am still exhausted all of the time, I assume its from lack of sleep. I know I mentioned that I went for my physical and blood work and everything was good. I am scheduled for an echocardiogram this Wednesday morning so hopefully that will go well too.
I hope everyone is doing great and has a wonderful day!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:45 AM

Last Achievements

Thanks for this, MC!

Here's another one:

Go to Google Images and google "cinemagraph," and you'll see more of this type of thing. They're animated GIFs.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Last Achievements

I can hardly wait, Made. Thanks for the reminder!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
25 days until CIJ on QVC!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:50 AM

Last Achievements

Right back attcha, Snowflake. I had to look this one up, LOL! What a pleasant surprise for me!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

Happy LEON Day!!!!!!

Attachment 1812

XX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2013, 11:53 AM

Last Achievements

We will all be on pins and needles right along with you! Prayers coming your way, Ryan!

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Good morning everyone. The interview went great, and I appreciate all of the prayers and well wishes. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but it is hard not to. They said I should know by Thursday.

The job is with a non-profit helping at risks individuals find employment, learn life skills, and financial skills. It is not affiliated with any specific denomination, but is sponsored by area churches, local companies, and other agencies. It's the kind of work I love and am hoping it pans out.

Okay, I need to stop dreaming about it as I am getting my hopes up.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:01 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,971 Times in 13,815 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
It was, Snowflake. I have a picture of Father Arturo on my Timeline. He's a nice-looking man!
I will check it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk