Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,189)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 07-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,174 Times in 4,629 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Monday morning, my Christmas friends!

I had a great birthday yesterday. My mom make spaghetti, substituting turkey for ground beef. You couldn't tell the difference, and I love her spaghetti sauce. She simmers it all day with fresh tomatoes, onions, etc. Yum, yum! Oh, and I got a very cool Star Trek t-shirt!

I just realized my driver's license expired yesterday. These days, they want you life history to get a replacement. Birth certificate, SS card, copies of utility bills (to verify your address), etc. That's seriously crazy. And to top it off, I had lost my birth certificate some where along the way. Usually, that's not a big deal, but I was born in Germany while my dad was stationed there. So, I had to apply to the State Dept. for a replacement Report of Consular Birth Abroad form. It took forever (and a big check), but I finally got it last week.

I'll be glad when things settle down!

I hope y'all have a great day!
Christmasstar (07-15-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-15-2013), made582 (07-15-2013), mgramsey (07-15-2013), Ryan (07-15-2013), shellie12 (07-15-2013), snowflake22 (07-15-2013), xmas365 (07-15-2013), xmastidings (07-15-2013)

Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,928 Times in 17,422 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
HELLO!!! I have missed you all !!! How are you all doing. I have not been on here for about a week so I can just imagine all that I have missed!! The heatwave is here and I LOVE it!!!

What have you all been up to? I hope I have not missed anything important, if I have please fill me in.

How was everybody's weekend? On Friday we had a surprise birthday party for my mother in law. These days I am making the most of this grorgeous weather.

Well have a merry start to the week you all!!!!
Nice to have you back!!

We had a nice weekend, too. Stayed inside mostly, went out to eat, watched Christmas movies, and visited the Hallmark Ornament Premiere.

I bet your Mother-in-law was very touched by her surprise party!!

Enjoy your beautiful weather, friend!!

Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good morning.
I am on my third cup of coffee already, it's going to be one of those days.
We have an excessive heat advisory in effect for today and it is supposed to be very hot all week long. It's awful.
So my youngest went to a concert last night with 5 of her friends, I gave them all a ride there. It takes a while to get there but the concert was at an outdoor theater, which is on the water. It's very cool and if you get a night with good weather it is just beautiful, it's a concert under the stars. Its a nice ride during the day, very scenic. At night though, its a whole other story. There is a very long stretch of road that has no street lights and I find it to be unnerving in the dark. Especially since you pass an area where the bodies of over a dozen women have been found over the years, all believed to be victims of a serial killer who has never been found. Very creepy. Anyway, I fell asleep last night while I was waiting for my daughter to get home and I was awakened around midnight to her calling me, asking for a ride home. She said their ride fell through. They all said their parents weren't able to pick them up. Really? Unbelievable. I guess I was the only sucker that would get out of bed to get them, lol. It was late, my daugther said she didn't feel well, I just wanted to get there as soon as I could to get her. My husband worked his butt off yesterday and was sound asleep so I didn't want to wake him up to go with me. But I made it there and back. I didn't get much sleep. My other daughter has an early morning doctor appointment and my youngest has drivers ed. I am not running any errands today, they could wait. I'm hoping to squeeze a nap in this afternoon. I do need to call the vet again, Maggies cough was bad last night. I'm so confused, I don't know why the medicine isn't working. Maybe she could try something else. The doctor told me it might be tricky getting the meds right because she is so tiny.
I hope everyone has a great day!
That is ridiculous that the other parents wouldn't pick up the kids.

You're such a good Mom! That must've been scary driving that highway at night, I think I remember seeing a story or two about that on 48 Hours or Dateline.
Glad you all made it home safe & sound.
How is your daughter feeling today?

Keeping Maggie in my prayers!! Hugs to her from Harlowe & I.

Hope you can get a napi in this afternoon.

xx

Old 07-15-2013, 08:43 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
Good Morning Everyone!, its been another beautiful weekend here in Sunny Wales, but it has also been a sad weekend for our town and mountains. This weekend the hottest for a good 6-7 years has caused some major problems, we sadly lost 2 local people one on saturday and one on sunday who took no notice of the warning signs around the local reservoirs, neither drowned but their bodies simply closed down as the water was so cold. The Brecon Beacons are used by all sectors in our military, from sas to territorial. This weekend was the turn of the Territorial Army, the national news are claiming that two soldiers died and one is in intensive care, but the local news on the street is that the mountain rescue brought six bodies down on saturday. We are all really shocked and the town is a somber place today. As a town which has proudly hosted the British army for many years, we are respect and support them. The bunting is hanging throughout the town ready to celebrate the birth of the new Royal, perhaps people shall see it more as a mark of respect for those who did not join us this monday morning.
Praying for your community, Kizzy.

xx

Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!! It's going to be a hot one here in Central Indy where we should offically break the 90 degree mark for the first time today. It's going to feel like 101 though. Not a whole lot going on today. I have to run with my neighbor to look at a car he is thinking about buying and then it's going to be back home to get some stuff done in the A/C. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stay cool!!!

Don't answer your door =]

Haha!!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:47 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
Anyone else getting hit with insane heat this week??? 93 today and up to 97 later this week.. .and VERY humid. Blah!!!! We had a brief humidity reprieve on Saturday and it was (almost!) cool out. It was glorious!

Well, better take the kids to the park before it's unbearable out... hoping Sounds of the Seaons will switch to Christmas in July by the time I'm back!
Yes :/

It's going to be a nasty week.

Stay cool & hydrated!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that Sounds Of The Seasons gets it together. I was so disappointed that it hadn't switched when I checked this morning!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post

I had a great birthday yesterday. My mom make spaghetti, substituting turkey for ground beef. You couldn't tell the difference, and I love her spaghetti sauce. She simmers it all day with fresh tomatoes, onions, etc. Yum, yum! Oh, and I got a very cool Star Trek t-shirt!

I just realized my driver's license expired yesterday. These days, they want you life history to get a replacement. Birth certificate, SS card, copies of utility bills (to verify your address), etc. That's seriously crazy. And to top it off, I had lost my birth certificate some where along the way. Usually, that's not a big deal, but I was born in Germany while my dad was stationed there. So, I had to apply to the State Dept. for a replacement Report of Consular Birth Abroad form. It took forever (and a big check), but I finally got it last week.

Glad you had a nice birthday weekend!!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I am enjoying coming on here looking at all the Christmas photos posted, the creepy houses and Homemakingirl's sweet little doggy!!!

The lower temps gave Chico a break and he seemed to breath a lot better yesterday. The high will only be 80 degrees today and rainy so that will help him too.

The kids will be over soon so I think it's a good day for Christmas in July! I think I will put on some Christmas shows and play some Christmas music.

I hope you all have a Merry Day!!!
((Hugs)) to Chico! Glad he had a good day yesterday.

Enjoy your CIJ festivities!!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,731 Times in 2,168 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post

Glad you had a nice Birthday there ole buddy, the food sounded great...

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (07-15-2013), Christmasstar (07-15-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-15-2013), made582 (07-15-2013), Ryan (07-15-2013), shellie12 (07-15-2013), snowflake22 (07-15-2013), xmas365 (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Good morning, friends!!

It is going to be an oven out there all week, so going to crank up the AC & pretend it's cold outside

Looking forward to QVC's CIJ!!!! Especially excited after seeing Valerie's sneak peeks!!

Today, I have to run out to our bank & get my application for my real estate license notarized. Then, I have a few errands to run.

Stay cool, everybody!!

Have a beautiful day!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373900120.990906.jpg

XX