Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Christmas Before Christ
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:38 PM
59,824 Views  0 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,380 Views  0 Posts
The Story of White...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:01 PM
43,507 Views  0 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,126 Views  7 Posts
I Always Felt So Special
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:20 PM
45,392 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-01-2013, 01:08 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,374 Times in 13,882 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Okay, now for "The Rest of the Story" that I discovered in Reno regarding Carl:

Have you ever had the feeling that you were being watched? Sort of like the hairs on the back of your neck standing out? Well, when we went to our first meeting at the Reno Convention Center, I had that feeling. I looked around and didn't see anyone or anything suspicious. The feeling continued. I looked around again, and then finally looked up. There on a marquee was a picture of Carl, almost as if he were looking over my shoulder. The photo rotated throughout the day--no words, no explanation, just the picture.

When we got back to the hotel, there was a Reno magazine; and I read all about Carl and his double life. On page 20 of the Summer 2013 edition of the Reno/Tahoe magazine, there is a picture of Carl, his family, and his friends with the following information: "Virginia City Camel Races, September 6-September 8. Who would have thought that camels actually race? Come see for yourself in Virginia City where these amazing animals really do race across the desert sand! Take a ride yourself around the track for a small fee, or view the ostriches that also make an appearance. Make a day of it and experience everything this special town has to offer with great food and drink and specialty shops along Main Street. (Web Site) visitvirginiacitynv.com"

I did not see any mention of fired Twinkies so I am unsure what the "great food and drink" consists of. Maybe Carl uses the leftovers from the Pines. Someone needs to question Carl at the next Pines Day. I am wondering if Carl uses us as his guinea pigs on what to serve on "Race Day," or does he use the refreshments from Race Day to determine what to serve at the Pines. Pretty eerie!
That Carl is always up to something!! Who knew?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2013, 01:08 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,201 Times in 26,528 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Harlowe & the rest of my family knows you guys pretty well, too!!
A few close friends, as well!
We sure are lucky to have each other, aren't we?

xx

My neighbor knows most of you from me yelling at him to leave me alone so I can talk to you.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-02-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-01-2013), Ryan (08-01-2013), Seawaters (08-01-2013), snowflake22 (08-01-2013), whitney37354 (08-02-2013), xmas365 (08-01-2013), XmasDreams (08-01-2013), xmastidings (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:16 PM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
G
I accepted an offer & met with my new company this morning. I took the paperwork home, and am working on it now.

I have quite a bit of start up costs & fees, and a lot of learning to do. Excited & overwhelmed!!!

One day at a time!!

I'm so excited for you!!!!! You are going to do great my friend!!!!!

Okay, I'll pay you to come do my dishes since CAH has went AWOL again!!!

Don't stress yourself out to much!!!

Happy Early Birthday to the Hubby!!!! Hope you have fun this weekend!!!!

Hope this girl was right!!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-02-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-01-2013), Ryan (08-01-2013), Seawaters (08-01-2013), snowflake22 (08-01-2013), xmas365 (08-01-2013), XmasDreams (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Happy Birthday to Adrian! I am sure you both will have a good time with your friends. Are you going to celebrate at home or will you guys go to a restaurant? Either way, I am positive it will be a blast!

Since I was not feeling well the past two weeks or so, I have not finished catching up on all the posts; so I missed the post about the new company. What will you be doing? What are the start-up costs for? Will you be bonded, and also will you become a notary public? Do those start up costs include new shoes and new clothes, LOL???

I will be going to Chico, so I plan to stop in at Michael's. I will definitely look for the Halloween and Christmas stuff. Another reason I have to Chico is to visit my friend in the hospital there. She was going out her back door to feed her cats Tuesday morning and misjudged the steps, fell, and shattered her hip. She had surgery yesterday and will be in the hospital at least until Saturday or Sunday. Then she will be transferred for six weeks to a rehab hospital. So sad--she has no insurance and works part time in the school cafeteria and part time tutoring. So for six weeks, she will be without pay. I told Hubby that we will have to help her when she gets home. I am going to pay her rent until she can go back to work so she doesn't stress herself out. I wish I could do more.

We have some problems in our church. It seems there is a small group of parishioners that do not like our new priest. They brought a lawsuit against him and want to replace him. There was a meeting Tuesday night and that (small) group were so mean and conniving that he ultimately "resigned." What a mistake. This small group somehow believes they will get an English-speaking priest that will kowtow to their every whim. So, so sad. There are not a lot of English-speaking priests in our Diocese. I don't know how this group expects to get a priest now. It remains to be seen what the ultimate repercussions will be. I have never seen anything like this!

I have a dentist appointment in about 45 minutes to get my new crown. Thank goodness dinner was planned in advance, so I don't have to do a lot after the appointment. We are having rock Cornish game hens that are marinating right now, wild rice, corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes from the Farmers' Market, fresh blueberry cobbler, and iced tea. I am hungry just thinking about it, LOL! I better go brush my teeth and get ready to leave for the appointment. TTYL

Good afternoon!!

How are you, my friends?

I am pretty well.

I accepted an offer & met with my new company this morning. I took the paperwork home, and am working on it now.

I have quite a bit of start up costs & fees, and a lot of learning to do. Excited & overwhelmed!!!

One day at a time!!

Adrian's birthday is tomorrow, and we have some friends coming to town to help him celebrate. Should be fun.

I stopped by Michael's and talked to a different associate, and she said that the Spooky Town village would be up by the end of the weekend. Yay =] maybe the other lady was talking about the Christmas village?

What are your weekend plans?

Hope you're all having a blessed day!!

xx

Old 08-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I thought you would say that!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
That crazy camel!!!!! Racing? He has been listening to me and Coach talk about Nascar to much!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:27 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,374 Times in 13,882 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
I'm so excited for you!!!!! You are going to do great my friend!!!!!

Okay, I'll pay you to come do my dishes since CAH has went AWOL again!!!

Don't stress yourself out to much!!!

Happy Early Birthday to the Hubby!!!! Hope you have fun this weekend!!!!

Hope this girl was right!!!
Thank you, friend!!

((Hugs))

Old 08-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Last Achievements

I will be going to Chico, so I plan to stop in at Michael's. I will definitely look for the Halloween and Christmas stuff. Another reason I have to Chico is to visit my friend in the hospital there. She was going out her back door to feed her cats Tuesday morning and misjudged the steps, fell, and shattered her hip. She had surgery yesterday and will be in the hospital at least until Saturday or Sunday. Then she will be transferred for six weeks to a rehab hospital. So sad--she has no insurance and works part time in the school cafeteria and part time tutoring. So for six weeks, she will be without pay. I told Hubby that we will have to help her when she gets home. I am going to pay her rent until she can go back to work so she doesn't stress herself out. I wish I could do more.

We have some problems in our church. It seems there is a small group of parishioners that do not like our new priest. They brought a lawsuit against him and want to replace him. There was a meeting Tuesday night and that (small) group were so mean and conniving that he ultimately "resigned." What a mistake. This small group somehow believes they will get an English-speaking priest that will kowtow to their every whim. So, so sad. There are not a lot of English-speaking priests in our Diocese. I don't know how this group expects to get a priest now. It remains to be seen what the ultimate repercussions will be. I have never seen anything like this!

I have a dentist appointment in about 45 minutes to get my new crown. Thank goodness dinner was planned in advance, so I don't have to do a lot after the appointment. We are having rock Cornish game hens that are marinating right now, wild rice, corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes from the Farmers' Market, fresh blueberry cobbler, and iced tea. I am hungry just thinking about it, LOL! I better go brush my teeth and get ready to leave for the appointment. TTYL

Praying for your friend.

That is to bad your priest. I know how a small group of people can ruin everything though. I hope it all works out somehow!!!!

Good Luck at the dentist and YUM!!!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-02-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-01-2013), Seawaters (08-01-2013), snowflake22 (08-01-2013), xmas365 (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,291 Times in 7,250 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Today is Maggie's birthday!

Maggie's baby picture.

A few years ago...

9 years old today!

Happy Birthday to Maggie!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-02-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-01-2013), made582 (08-01-2013), Seawaters (08-01-2013), snowflake22 (08-01-2013), xmas365 (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:36 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,291 Times in 7,250 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
She is doing pretty well. Thanks for asking! She looks great!! I just feel sad for her. How lonely she must be! I hope she gets a cat soon. She said she needs to have some "eyes" in her house. Since she had to put her cat down, she doesn't have any daily contact with "eyes"! Yep, she needs a pet!!! Wish she had a friend or family that lived closer to her - or she would move closer to us! But she's a tough girl!
She is in my prayers, Holiday!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-02-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-01-2013), made582 (08-01-2013), Seawaters (08-01-2013), snowflake22 (08-01-2013), xmas365 (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

mommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry disposition
I go to the dentist this afternoon to get a crown put on. Now I can be the Queen, LOL!!! Where abouts in NC are you?

I'm in Statesville, which is about 40 mins north of Charlotte.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mommyby3 For This Useful Post: