Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,095
Threads: 53,960
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,317)
Welcome to our newest member, Xmas1986

Old 09-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,671 Times in 3,843 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!! It's going to be a hot one here today with a high of 97. Just 2 more days until the cool down. I hope I can make it. Not much going on here today. Just some work on the computer and trying to stay cool. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!

Xmas- Hope the physicals go well!!!
Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Same here!!! I think you can make it!!! Try to stay cool!!!

Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
Good merry tuesday (almost wrote monday) morning!

Went to costco and took some pictures! Nice Christmas isle they have there so far. Ill post them In the Christmas Blossoms thread! Just drinking my coffee and listening to Christmas music before I have to get ready for work. William is starting JK. I am very nervous, but thats to be expected as being a parent! Next month my friend is coming back down and we are having another Christmas movie marathon! We had one in July and it was awesome. He was the only one that came to it. Nobody else wanted to come because they believe Christmas should be in December only, how sad! I cant wait to buy more Christmas stuff for my desk at work. I wanted to buy some stuff at Costco but the Wife said I have too much already. Too much? TOO MUCH?! How can you have TOO MUCH Christmas stuff? Oh well. William and I had a blast looking at the Christmas stuff. We went to visit Dad on the weekend. It was fun. And speaking of Christmas, William found Dad's Christmas tree in the crawl space. He came up to me and brought me to it. He is going to be a Christmas lover! Heck, maybe when he is older we can get him on the boards! Well off I go, uploading the pictures so check them out! Have a Merry Day!
Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for posting the pics!! Love the pics of William looking at the Christmas decs! He's a Christmas nut in the making!!! And you can NEVER too much Christmas stuff!!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Good for William! I think my 3 grandchildren will eventually be here on MMC too! They talk about Christmas 24/7. I could imagine what extended family members think when they hear them talk about Santa and Christmas during the summer. They probably shake their heads and say, "Oh it's that crazy grandma of theirs that they get it from". Ha ha!!! I am proud of my craziness!

Love the pics you posted!
I LOVE it!!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
We are actually going to be a little "cooler" today, mid 90's but like you, can I make it until this weekend when we drop a little more in temps? Ugh! I even have 1 friend (only 1, lol) that loves summer here and she is actually getting aggravated with it this year.
Enjoy your "cool" day! HA!~

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good morning everyone!

A warm day ahead. Temperatures are to only be in the mid 70s but lower 90s with humiex. It should be interesting! No big plans for today. I'll keep applying for jobs. I also have a doctor's appointment in just over an hour. It's routine active release therapy appointment on my knee. It was a little sore about a week ago but it has since calmed down. Everything should be good!

I think I should be getting ready though. I only have about 30 minutes to get ready. Have a great morning everyone! Enjoy your Tuesday!
Hope your appt goes well! I'm continuing to send good luck wishes in your job search!!!!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good morning!
Just got back from walking the dogs a little while ago. We had showers earlier this morning but they seem to have passed. We are going to have temperatures in the lower 80's today, even warmer tomorrow. Blah.
So far I have straightened up the house, started laundry and started chicken cacciatore in the crock pot for dinner. I have a few errands to run including a trip to the supermarket.
My youngest has had her drivers license for 24 hours and is already making her father and I crazy, she really wants her own car. I don't blame her, she is excited. We have to decide what we are going to do about putting another car on the road for her. I will probably spend a little time looking in to that this afternoon.
I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful day!!!
Sounds like a great day. I bet your house will smell yummy soon!!!

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I think it is more because I am 6'1 230lbs, have the big guy in charge to keep people in line. It makes my anxiety issues really bad dealing with that stress.

I am more like a big teddy bear though, but they don't need to know that.
That might help but I have no doubt that you do a darn good job too!!!!

It is tart, the best way to have it, imo, is in a strawberry rhubarb pie. The sweetness of the strawberries and the tartness of the rhubarb really accentuate each other very well.
My fav is Rhubarb dump cake: (also has strawberry & sugar)

Layer:
4 C. Rhubarb in 9 X 13 pan
Sprinkle with:
1 C. Sugar
1 – 3 oz. Strawberry or cherry jello
2 – 3 Tbsp. Minute tapioca
1 Jiffy Cake Mix (or ½ box yellow cake mix)
1/3 C. melted butter
½ C. water
Do Not Stir! Bake 45 minutes at 350º - Refrigerate

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (09-10-2013), Christmasstar (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), Undrtakr (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)

Old 09-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,624 Times in 12,681 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Wow, both your parents are YOUNG!!! It really doesn't take that long to get used to the C-PAP (they are also improving them all the time), and once your dad has a good night's sleep, he will feel lots better! And, yes, he does need it because of his job! Absolutely! Still thinking of you and your family. Thanks for you sympathy for our cat. She was just like a real kid to us since the human kids are all grown! Have a great fall day!

Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post
Good Midday!

This week we have fall weather. The Temps got down quite a bit (we had Temps in the low 100 last week!) and it is mostly cloudy and raining. I'm not complaining as I just spent the last weekend shopping for fall clothes. Now I can wear my new items!

I want to say thanks to all the well wishes regarding my fathers health and your understanding regarding our tomcat! Your sympathy is very much appriciated!

I hope you don't mind, that I don't answer to every single feedback. I promise I read them all!

The Countdown sure is busy now!

Yes, we tried to do our best for both of our furry friends. And we do hope to keep Mimi a while longer.

My father will be 53 in about two weeks and my mother is 48. Daddy is just a bit worried at how long it will take until he is used to the C-PAP machine. We told him, he just has to try to get used to it. As he works as a driver it is very important that he is fully awake and fit while on the road.

Oh, I am sorry for the loss of your cat. Our vet told us, that cancer at this age is very common. I think it is comforting to know that they were old cats. It would be so much more tragic if this had happened at a young age. Don't you think?
Cetacea (09-16-2013), Christmasstar (09-10-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), mgramsey (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,530 Times in 1,986 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
that is not to bad temp wise, better than down here, going to be 34c (93f) with the humidity it will feel like 44c (111f), so happy we still have the window AC in!
have a great day
It is not bad at all. I do not mind the temperatures. Enjoy the comforts of your AC. Maybe ypu can take it out next month!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-10-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Little Snowflake
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,143 Times in 252 Posts
Cetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
You guys are writing too much. I can't answer to all those posts. Therefore I just try to spread as many "thanks" as I can.
Whenever there is happiness, hope you’ll be there too. Wherever there are friendly smiles, hope they’ll smile on you. Whenever there is sunshine, hope it shine especially for you. To make each day for you, as bright as it can be. from Ireland

Best Regards, Mona
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cetacea For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (09-10-2013), Christmasstar (09-10-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), mgramsey (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 08:44 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Magpie, this sounds like the PERFECT weekend! Where do you live? You said wine-growing are so I wondered if you were in California?

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Hello everyone! Just had to share that on a girls' weekend away I just went on I found a Christmas shop! It's in a large town about 3 hours drive from where we live. It's in a lovely wine growing area surrounded by gentle hills. It was a fabulous weekend and finding the Christmas shop just capped it off!! The shop was full of decorations, trees, ornaments...just everything! While the others spent their time spending money in clothes/jewellery, gift or book shops, I spent all mine in the Christmas shop. What a great way to spend a lovely weekend.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,671 Times in 3,843 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning,

Just watching a little TV before leaving for my appt. Merlin is sitting next to me sleeping, he is our "old guy" and he always needs to be with someone. I have got to head out, my doctor will probably tell me the same thing he always tells me, I have to lose weight.

Hey, I eat all the cookies, but don't finish the milk.

I will be back later.

Enjoy your day!!!!
Good luck at your appt! Hope all is well!!! Then enjoy your day off!!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

Jacob finally gathered up all the money he saved through the year working at Bernie's and birthday and Christmas money, and finally had enough to order the guitar he's been wanting. So, last night we ordered it, and he can't wait. Shoot, I want to play it, too!

My city council meeting went well last night. We finally got some support from the local DOT cleaning out some deep ditches beside the road that enters Bellville from the east. And we've hired a local lawn service to clean the streets and edge all the curbs & sidewalks. finally, Bellville is getting presentable again!

I hope y'all have a great day!
CONGRATS to Jacob!! Just let him play it 1st, ok??? Sounds like you had a great meeting last night! NICE!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-10-2013), Christmasstar (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,404 Times in 4,663 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
well done Jacob, we of course will need to see a video of you playing it when it arrives!

Bellville will be shining again soon! Maybe we should all head down there for a party?
Works for me! We can have a cookout at our train depot!
Christmasstar (09-10-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), whitney37354 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 103,670 Times in 18,603 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Candygold

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good afternoon, MMC!

I hope this finds everyone well!

What a busy few days I have had! Stressed out family members, somebody else's book checked out to me at the library, migraine, work, shopping and garden produce pretty much sums it all up. Migraine is gone - yay!!!! Today was laundry day and I am also trying to catch up on all the things I did not get accomplished over the weekend, including the forums here. Missed all of you!!! I will be in and out for the next few hours.

Be MERRY!!!!
Hope things continue to calm down for you, friend.
We missed you, too!

((Hugs))
Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,404 Times in 4,663 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
CONGRATS to Jacob!! Just let him play it 1st, ok??? Sounds like you had a great meeting last night! NICE!
I had to promise not to play it before he got a chance to...LOL!
Christmasstar (09-10-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), mgramsey (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), whitney37354 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 AM

Last Achievements

Hilarious, Made! It is still my kind of camping! Either that or a hotel!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
LOL!!!!! It's not camping!!! It's parking!!!!