Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,427
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
It's a Wonderful Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:04 PM
55,075 Views  0 Posts
The Muppet Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:09 PM
49,658 Views  0 Posts
Puritan Humbugs and a...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:21 PM
57,995 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:22 PM
60,825 Views  0 Posts
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,862 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,631 Times in 26,453 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrycarey View Post
no. Sorry. That's taking the whole pumpkin spice thing too far.

Pumpkin spice is the new bacon, i swear.

lol!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the Binger to replace Letterman as the Late Show Host movement!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-18-2013), Festive Spirit (09-19-2013), Holiday (09-18-2013), MerryCarey (09-18-2013), Ryan (09-18-2013), shellie12 (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), xmas365 (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 AM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Good morning! I spoke to Carl this morning. He mentioned that his camel friends who attended the Pines last week have made it clear they will not be attending tonight. This is apparently because of the way Snowflake and Sugar conducted themselves. It is sad when a few out of control ones tarnish the image of an entire group! They did go on to reiterate how much of a gentleman Made is, so perhaps all hope is not lost.

Have a great Wednesday!

Well I'm glad I made a good impression. I figured that round of fired twinkie's I bought would go a long way with them.

I still can't believe how Sugar and Snowflake acted though.

Cetacea (09-19-2013), Christmasstar (09-18-2013), Festive Spirit (09-19-2013), Holiday (09-18-2013), Ryan (09-18-2013), shellie12 (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), xmas365 (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,054 Times in 3,080 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
My kids are driving me BONKERS!!!!!!

Santa, I hope you are watching!!!
Full Moon!!!!!!! My friend said the same thing last night!!!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Thank you, my friend!! I appreciate your prayers <3
I ended up scoring an interview today, so I'm really happy about that!!

How is your knee?

xo

How cool is that!!
Good luck at the interview!

Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post

Fortunately one of my friends came up with a cute Idea. We are going to tell the christmas story a bit different this year. She found a children book in which several different animals retell stories out of the bible. The christmas story is told by a fox, who wanted to snatch a little sheep for his dinner. While the fox tried to steal the sheep the angels came to the shepherds and tell them that Jesus Christ is born (and so on). The story is illustraded with very beautiful and cute pictures. We are planning to project those pictures and that someone (the childern if they dare) reads the story. The children will be angels and shepherds and the holly family.

We also want to have lots of different candels and old fashioned lamps (like petrolium lamps ect.) and a artificial campfire for the shepherds. Together with the christmas tree this should light up the church in a cozy way.

We will meet at the and of october again and disscus it in detail.
How cute!!!!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
I woke up at 2:00 and couldn't fall back to sleep. And now I feel a headache coming on. Grrrr. Thankfully there isn't a lot going on today. Typical day of errands and chores. The errands may have to wait until tomorrow, I'll see how I feel later. It is going to be sunny here today with a high of 70 degrees, we're at 45 degrees right now. The house feels chilly this morning! I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
Hope you are feeling better & can enjoy your day!

Oh, I can see why you need coffee. Maybe a Coke is going to help too? That's what I'm usually drink when I feel a headache coming. Here in my office the coffee isn't very tasteful, therefore my morning coffee at home has to be enough.
Our coffee at work stinks too, so I bring a carafe with me!!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Happy Birthday to Mike!! Hugs to you!! Thinking of you & your family ��

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Hope you all have a really special time clelebrating Mike's birthday. Thinking of you all. x
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Happy Birthday to him!!! I'm sure he will be right there celebrating with you today.
Thank you all!! Lasagna is made, dishes are done, now doing some cleaning before starting round 2 cooking later. Lol! This morning needs to slllllllow down!!!

Afternoon or morning to most of you. Happy Pines Day!

Not much sleep last night, I kept hearing noises and baby was up at 5:30am ! It's still raining here and getting colder!

I have aches and pains everywhere today lol. I can't even face going on the cross trainer. Anyway I'm just finishing up a few things before I collect my son from school but I wanted to share good news. DH got the job, thank you for the kind wishes and prayers, means a great deal.

Hope you all are having a good day. See you all later at the Pines! First round of drinks are on me!
Congrats to your DH!!!!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good 'Pines Day morning, everyone!

Windows are open and good times are to be had. What a grand idea by Carl! The Season is coming so fast that if you close your eyes and take a deep breath, you can almost smell Christmas in the air.

It was a chilly walk to our latest apartment showing this morning in Ottawa. Temperature were about 6c/43f. It really enjoyed it. Interestingly enough, I also enjoyed the apartment! It is quite spacious and exactly what we are looking for. It was a one bedroom plus den. The layout is very nice. It also includes a backyard patio, where I can (finally) barbecue. The apartment hasn't really been advertised, so Kim and I are under the impression that we were one of the first ones to look at it.

The only two problems is that they want us to move in on October 1st, which means that we'd be paying double rent for two months! Double ouch! And laundry isn't onsite, which was a big hope of mine. I think I can settle for no laundry, however. It will be tough, but I can do it! We have two more showings today, then I think we will submit our application this afternoon.

The best part? Decorating a new house for Christmas!! Kim and I are very excited to figure out how we're going to decorate for the Season. Of course, we're also excited to show all of you, too! Oh, the extra excitements of Christmas!

It's the second last 'Pines Day of Christmas. Perhaps the last 'Pines Day before the debut of Crown's world famous Christmas Blossoms thread, the most anticipated thread of the year. Speaking of which, I wonder how Carl celebrates the debut of Blossoms. I am sure he loves the different decoration ideas!

Two more showings and job searching lay ahead for today. I hope you're all having a great Wednesday! These double digits are a sight to see!
Good luck today!!!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I'm sure you could find plenty of volunteers here to buy for. Show of hands?

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good morning,

Just finished watching "Christmas With The Kranks" it was a nice surprise to see it on Starz this morning, and I love that movie. It usually is one of the first movies we watch during the holiday season, so it has kicked my anticipation for Christmas into high gear!!!!!

I am dealing with my usual case of Wednesday don't want to go to work affliction, just have to remind myself that everyday brings us closer to Christmas.

I hope you are all enjoying your morning.
What an awesome surprise!!!! I have Frasier on...I think it's a Thanksgiving special!!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-18-2013), Festive Spirit (09-19-2013), made582 (09-18-2013), MerryCarey (09-18-2013), Ryan (09-18-2013), shellie12 (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), xmas365 (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good 'Pines Day morning, everyone!

Windows are open and good times are to be had. What a grand idea by Carl! The Season is coming so fast that if you close your eyes and take a deep breath, you can almost smell Christmas in the air.

It was a chilly walk to our latest apartment showing this morning in Ottawa. Temperature were about 6c/43f. It really enjoyed it. Interestingly enough, I also enjoyed the apartment! It is quite spacious and exactly what we are looking for. It was a one bedroom plus den. The layout is very nice. It also includes a backyard patio, where I can (finally) barbecue. The apartment hasn't really been advertised, so Kim and I are under the impression that we were one of the first ones to look at it.

The only two problems is that they want us to move in on October 1st, which means that we'd be paying double rent for two months! Double ouch! And laundry isn't onsite, which was a big hope of mine. I think I can settle for no laundry, however. It will be tough, but I can do it! We have two more showings today, then I think we will submit our application this afternoon.

The best part? Decorating a new house for Christmas!! Kim and I are very excited to figure out how we're going to decorate for the Season. Of course, we're also excited to show all of you, too! Oh, the extra excitements of Christmas!

It's the second last 'Pines Day of Christmas. Perhaps the last 'Pines Day before the debut of Crown's world famous Christmas Blossoms thread, the most anticipated thread of the year. Speaking of which, I wonder how Carl celebrates the debut of Blossoms. I am sure he loves the different decoration ideas!

Two more showings and job searching lay ahead for today. I hope you're all having a great Wednesday! These double digits are a sight to see!

Glad you liked the one this morning!!!! Praying everything works out for you.

Cetacea (09-19-2013), Christmasstar (09-18-2013), Festive Spirit (09-19-2013), Holiday (09-18-2013), Ryan (09-18-2013), shellie12 (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), xmas365 (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 09:56 AM

Last Achievements

Good Morning MMC!!!!! It's going to be a warm day here with a high in the mid 80's this afternoon. I've already ran a few errands this morning and did a quick clean of the kitchen. Now I need to get back to working on my bedroom. It's still a mess. First things first though. I need more coffee!!! I'm dragging today. Oh well. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-18-2013), Cetacea (09-19-2013), Christmasstar (09-18-2013), Festive Spirit (09-19-2013), Holiday (09-18-2013), mgramsey (09-18-2013), Ryan (09-18-2013), shellie12 (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), xmas365 (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,832 Times in 2,712 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious

Carl does not hold a grudge and loves Snowflake and Sugar. But apparently the rift between his camel friends and those two gals is pretty big! He mentioned he is considering bringing in Jimmy Carter as a mediator to hold peace talks.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-18-2013), Cetacea (09-19-2013), Festive Spirit (09-19-2013), Holiday (09-18-2013), made582 (09-18-2013), mgramsey (09-18-2013), shellie12 (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), xmas365 (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,563 Times in 4,407 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Luck to Jacob and his bandmates!!!!
I must admit, I was concerned for Jacob's feelings if the "gig" didn't go over well, but they were great! The drummer needs more practice, but the sound was super, and Jacob looked at-ease on stage. Maybe a little too at-ease. He kept taking with the other guitar player and looking around the stage while playing.

You gotta make eye contact with your audience! I'll give him some live performance pointers tonight, but his band sounds great! I'll try to upload the video to Youtube later. Thanks!
Cetacea (09-19-2013), Festive Spirit (09-19-2013), Holiday (09-18-2013), made582 (09-18-2013), Meceka (09-18-2013), mgramsey (09-18-2013), Ryan (09-18-2013), shellie12 (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-18-2013), xmas365 (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,615 Times in 13,763 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
21 16x16

Good night (not exactly night yet, but I'm offline soon) everyone!

Enjoy the evening at the pines and drink and eat for me too.

See you tomorrow!

Goodnight, friend!!

xx

Thinking about what you want to do with your life? Well that's simple. You want to be full time laundry washer and back up dish washer!!!! I pay really good. Just ask CAH!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Praying for you friend. Something is going to come along soon.

xx
Thanks, buddy!!

xx

Well I'm glad I made a good impression. I figured that round of fired twinkie's I bought would go a long way with them.

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Full Moon!!!!!!! My friend said the same thing last night!!!

Good luck at the interview!

Thank you!!

How cute!!!!

Hope you are feeling better & can enjoy your day!

Our coffee at work stinks too, so I bring a carafe with me!!

Thank you all!! Lasagna is made, dishes are done, now doing some cleaning before starting round 2 cooking later. Lol! This morning needs to slllllllow down!!!

Congrats to your DH!!!!

Good luck today!!!

What an awesome surprise!!!! I have Frasier on...I think it's a Thanksgiving special!!!
I was at Kohls last night too & saw the same things!!! Our Kohls stores look identical!! LOVED IT! A lady passing by laughed & shook her head as I was checking it all out! WHAT??? Lol! I buy a St. Nick Square piece or 2 every year for my friend. So cool!

I remember that!! That is so thoughtful that you do that for your friend!!

xx

My Christmas mugs are never put away! I don't think Nov 1st is being unreasonable!! Dec 1st = way too late!!! Good luck!
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Wednesday (Pinesday!) morning, my Christmas friends!

Today is upper school chapel day at the kids' school, and Jacob's Praise Band is set to play a couple songs. They played for the first time a couple weeks ago, but he wouldn't let us come to watch. He thought they wouldn't be very good, and he didn't want our first impression to be a bad one. But he says they are sounding better, so I'm about to leave work and head to the school. He took his new guitar, too!

Nancy and the kids are all going to dance and guitar lessons today, so think it's a good time to get some real work done on the Camaro this evening...I hope.

Y'all have a great day!
Enjoy Jacob's performance!!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 40,207 Times in 6,298 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Goood morning MMC!! I read a few posts from yesterday but have 12 more pages to go...I'll get there!!! It has been a good day so far. The sunrise this morning was just gorgeous (Thank you Mike!) - I have the chicken breasts for the lasagna cooked & I am roasting a red pepper now! Oh - and drinking coffee & listening to Mannheim Steamrollers!!! It's been a Merry Morning!! I'll read the posts as I can today...lots to do!! YAY!!

Make it a great day!!

Happy 60th Birthday to my Big Brother Mike! Wish he was here to celebrate with us! Miss him every day!!
Happy 60th Birthday Mike!
Thinking of you Holiday, sending hugs your way.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 40,207 Times in 6,298 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hope your headache goes away and you get a chance to put your feet up for a little bit. Have a good day.
Thank you!!!