Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,470
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Year Round Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:42 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:47 PM
48,027 Views  3 Posts
My Christmas of 1947
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:58 PM
45,127 Views  0 Posts
Papa's Christmas Surprise
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:21 PM
51,602 Views  0 Posts
Bells Joseph, Mary and Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:52 PM
63,672 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,402 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,772 Times in 4,433 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good afternoon, friends!!

How are you?

I am doing well & feeling better than I have in a long while!! I had an interview at TJ Maxx today, and it went very well. I went in there with a lot of confidence and nailed it. They offered me a position, and I start next week! There is a lot of growth potential, and I know exactly where I'm headed
Congratulations on the new job!!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,562 Times in 7,294 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Yes, it's a lot of hard work but also very rewarding!!

I'll have to tell Adi that @ the chips!! We were able to move back to Wisconsin because Adrian is marketing the food products whose proceeds benefit his charity. They are produced in various Midwest states.

Larry The Cable Guy is a comedian, and also has a show on the History Channel called Only In America. He also did the voice for Tow Mater in Disney Pixar's movie Cars.

xx
That is good to know - next time I buy chips I'll know what kind to get.

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-19-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-19-2013), made582 (09-19-2013), shellie12 (09-19-2013), snowflake22 (09-19-2013), xmas365 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 02:49 PM

Last Achievements

Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good evening!
I just picked my youngest up from work a little while ago and I'm ready to turn in. My lack of sleep last night has caught up with me, I can't keep my eyes open. It will be nice when my daughter gets her car, it will help me out and give me a break from all of the running around I do with her. But then again, she is my youngest and it also makes me sad. It's going to be so strange not having to chauffeur any kids around. My husband has been haggling with the car dealer all week and I believe they are just about ready to make a deal.
I also had some other news to share. A friend of mine has been doing babysitting out of her home to make some extra money. She has been doing it for years and has to turn people away because she can only watch so many. Anyway, she called me last night and asked if I might be interested in watching a six year old special needs girl. It would only be for a couple of hours in the morning until the school bus picks her up, twice a week. The family lives very close to me, they are right around the corner. I actually met with them earlier, they are a beautiful family. The little girl has cerebral palsy. She can't communicate well but she walks and eats all by herself. And she is incredibly sweet. I told them I will do it, I am so excited! Wish me luck, I really hope it works out. I start next Tuesday.
I hope everyone is well and had a wonderful day.
Goodnight!
God bless you, HmG! I'm sure you will do great in your new job - sounds perfect!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-19-2013), Holiday (09-19-2013), made582 (09-19-2013), shellie12 (09-19-2013), snowflake22 (09-19-2013), xmas365 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 02:50 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
I won, I won!!!!!!! $8 dollars not the $400 million but hey I'll take double my money any day.
Congratulations!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-19-2013), Holiday (09-19-2013), made582 (09-19-2013), shellie12 (09-19-2013), snowflake22 (09-19-2013), xmas365 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 02:51 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Good Morning, I am having a challenging day so far. There are some issues that came up regarding Dh's new role this morning. I won't bore you all with details but things are looking bleak. On top of this, the car started smoking heavily while DH was driving to work. He will have to drive it all the way from the city to a local garage after work. I am nervous about him driving it if is smoking!!!!!!!

Then there was an issue with my account and while on the phone trying to sort it I couldn't find my bank card. I thought for sure I lost it or it was stolen. All this with a crying baby and the school run to do. After many tears and a living room that now looks like it was hit by a mini tornado (me) I thankfully found it!

Anyway things are and will get better as the day goes by. I guess we will just have to accept it if things don't work out with DH's new role, another opportunity will arise I am sure. We'll know later today.

Now , I just hope he makes it home without the car setting the streets alight with fire like Ghostrider!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost weekend again! Have yourselves a merry day!
I'm sorry you are having a rough day, Festive! Praying all will work out for your DH job and car-wise!!! {{{HUGS}}}

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-19-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-19-2013), made582 (09-19-2013), shellie12 (09-19-2013), snowflake22 (09-19-2013), xmas365 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 02:52 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Good morning, everyone!

Today I have my follow-up appointment with my surgeon. I think I am healing well and I feel good except I have some numbness that I discovered this morning. I read that it can happen after surgery and will fade in weeks/months if the damage is temporary. I couldn't even imagine having permanent nerve damage so I really hope that's not the case.

The official start of fall will be here before we know it! They just announced when we will be having trick or treat here, which is going to be on the 31st. I know you're probably thinking "well duh" but in my town they usually do it on a certain day of the week, which almost never ends up being Halloween. I am looking forward to going to the store and starting to buy candy to pass out to the kids. I always try to get a good variety - chocolate, gummies, other candy, chips - that way the kids can pick what they like the best. When I was little I used to think I hit the jackpot when I'd get a Little Hug drink.

I know I am slacking but I have to get out and buy some new Halloween decorations for the yard. I haven't had a chance yet. I am trying not to go too crazy on the Halloween decorations so I can save more money for Christmas decorations

I have some stuff to do for school and then I am going to get ready later this afternoon and head to my appointment. I hope you all have a wonderful day! Don't work too hard and drive safe!
Praying the numbness will be temporary! I hope you have a wonderful day, too, jennifer!

Cetacea (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-19-2013), Holiday (09-19-2013), made582 (09-19-2013), shellie12 (09-19-2013), snowflake22 (09-19-2013), xmas365 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 02:56 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
[COLOR="Red"]

Sounds delicious. Thank you! I'm not sure if I've ever seen dried Chipotle seasoning! Or do you make your own?
You're welcome! If you click on the seasoning in that post, it will take you to the website that has the seasoning. I actually just looked at the price on the site - over double what I paid for it a little over a year ago. Guess I will have to start making my own. At least all the ingredients are listed - shouldn't be too hard to duplicate!

Christmasstar (09-19-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-19-2013), made582 (09-19-2013), shellie12 (09-19-2013), snowflake22 (09-19-2013), xmas365 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 02:57 PM

Last Achievements

Good afternoon, friends!!

How are you?

I am doing well & feeling better than I have in a long while!! I had an interview at TJ Maxx today, and it went very well. I went in there with a lot of confidence and nailed it. They offered me a position, and I start next week! There is a lot of growth potential, and I know exactly where I'm headed

I feel so relieved!! We were worried that we would have to move if I didn't find something soon. We'll still have to cut back on things, but this is a great start! And it feels wonderful to set goals again, and to be working toward them.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers, they have really meant a lot to me.

Harlowe continues to do well =] Thank God!! Feeling very blessed.

We are getting a lot of wonderful rain today, and we really need it. There was even a gorgeous rainbow.

Off to do some laundry, and walk Har.

Hope you're all having a beautiful day!

xx

Attachment 2037
Yay!!! Congratulations, snowflake!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 03:09 PM

Last Achievements

I'd like to think that!!

I worked in retail for 10 years before we moved to Nevada, and I actually really enjoyed it. It was a saving grace for me at that time in my life, and I made some really good friends along the way. One position was at a floral/gift shop, and the other was acting as a jewelry coordinator.

I'll have to pay my dues again a bit to get good hours, but I don't mind that. I'm just happy that I'll get to be creative again, and be around products I love.
I enjoyed working in retail, too! I worked for a small chain department store that has since closed, but it was great while it lasted!

Old 09-19-2013, 03:18 PM

Last Achievements

Good afternoon, MMC!

It is getting very cloudy out - chance of thunderstorms through tomorrow. Today is the Homecoming parade - I thought it was tomorrow before the football game and had made plans to go then. Guess I am out of luck this year. It is probably a good thing - I did not sleep all that good so I can take things easy for the rest of the night. There is some work I need to get caught up on, as usual.

Be MERRY!!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-19-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-19-2013), made582 (09-19-2013), shellie12 (09-19-2013), snowflake22 (09-19-2013), xmas365 (09-19-2013)