Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 09-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,323 Times in 4,540 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great news!

I found Friday! I'm sending it your way...

Oh my! Emotions are hitting our house hard tonight! One second my wife thinks she's Batman, then she's acting like the crazy lady in Fatal Attraction, then she's crying because I didn't hang up MY dress pants right (they should have been folder another way)....

Whew....I would stay and chat....but I think I'm going to hide in the closet...if you see her coming towards you....be very quiet.....

Man, I hope Little Bambina gets here soon....

Have glove will travel
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-20-2013), Cetacea (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-20-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-20-2013), made582 (09-20-2013), shellie12 (09-20-2013), snowflake22 (09-20-2013), Spyells (09-21-2013), whitney37354 (09-20-2013), xmas365 (09-20-2013)

Old 09-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

yolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Good morning, everyone!

Today I have my follow-up appointment with my surgeon. I think I am healing well and I feel good except I have some numbness that I discovered this morning. I read that it can happen after surgery and will fade in weeks/months if the damage is temporary. I couldn't even imagine having permanent nerve damage so I really hope that's not the case.

The official start of fall will be here before we know it! They just announced when we will be having trick or treat here, which is going to be on the 31st. I know you're probably thinking "well duh" but in my town they usually do it on a certain day of the week, which almost never ends up being Halloween. I am looking forward to going to the store and starting to buy candy to pass out to the kids. I always try to get a good variety - chocolate, gummies, other candy, chips - that way the kids can pick what they like the best. When I was little I used to think I hit the jackpot when I'd get a Little Hug drink.

I know I am slacking but I have to get out and buy some new Halloween decorations for the
yard. I haven't had a chance yet. I am trying not to go too crazy on the Halloween decorations so I can save more money for Christmas decorations

I have some stuff to do for school and then I am going to get ready later this afternoon and head to my appointment. I hope you all have a wonderful day! Don't work too hard and drive safe!

Well i hope u feel good real soon, your trick or treat sounds real fun, this year I joined this little thing at work called a boo and its basically like a secret but for Halloween theres a 20 dollar limit and you buy Halloween themed gifts to exchange I can`t hardly wait!
Cetacea (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-20-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-20-2013), made582 (09-20-2013), shellie12 (09-20-2013), snowflake22 (09-20-2013), xmas365 (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Little Snowflake
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 244 Posts
Cetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Good morning my favourite christmas gang!

How are you doing? It's friday the weekend is just a couple hours away!

By the way, I like the way you all say goodnight to eacht other. Remindes me of one of my favourite TV series "the Waltons". Such a nice habit!

Yesterday we heard shocking news! A cousin of my grandmother (on my fathers side) comited extended suicide with his wife this monday. They were around the age of my grandparents. There were no signs prior that something was wrong, both were attending a class reunion on saturday, they had been in church on sunday and seemed like always. Both were still very healthy and had a nice house (without debts). The cousin was a hunter therefore he had a gun (gun laws in my country are very strict). I only meet them on bigger family reunions and didn't know them very well but I'm still at loss for words and just shocked. Don't know why they would do something like that in their age.

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
We have so many Starbucks on Long Island, it's crazy. We don't have to drive more than 5 minutes to get to one.
There are a lot starbucks here (at least way more than three years ago), but not in my home town and not in my work town. The next couple starbucks branches are in the next two bigger cities.

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good afternoon, friends!!

How are you?

I am doing well & feeling better than I have in a long while!! I had an interview at TJ Maxx today, and it went very well. I went in there with a lot of confidence and nailed it. They offered me a position, and I start next week! There is a lot of growth potential, and I know exactly where I'm headed

I feel so relieved!! We were worried that we would have to move if I didn't find something soon. We'll still have to cut back on things, but this is a great start! And it feels wonderful to set goals again, and to be working toward them.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers, they have really meant a lot to me.

Harlowe continues to do well =] Thank God!! Feeling very blessed.

We are getting a lot of wonderful rain today, and we really need it. There was even a gorgeous rainbow.

Off to do some laundry, and walk Har.

Hope you're all having a beautiful day!

xx
Wooow such good news! I'm soooooooo happy for you! I'm sure everything will work out fine! God is great!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Wow, it is getting a very dark grey out there - could be a storm coming!
Stay safe!

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Good evening, MMC!

Not the best day. I have some pinkness by where my incision was so the surgeon isn't sure if I have an infection that is starting, a rash, or an allergy to the antibiotic that I just finished. I have to pray that it goes away because the surgeon is slightly concerned.

On top of that, my surgeon looked at a mole on my arm and told me that I am going to need it removed. Precancerous. It's a little scary considering I am only 22!

At least tomorrow is a new day...and Friday at that!
I'm sorry to hear this. Although I think it's better the doctor found it now instead of later! I'm praying there is no infection and you will get good news soon. Try to stay positive!

Originally Posted by MerryNoel View Post
hello everyone I am enjoying this weather and starting to plan in my mind the homemade Christmas Gifts I will be creating..... o I do so love this time of year!

I hope you are all well
Do you already have ideas for your homemade christmas gifts? Welcome in this cozy forum!

Good evening!
I don't know what's going on here tonight. I'm the only one that seems to remember that it's a school night. The girls have a fire going in the back yard and have a few friends over. And my husband is putting molding up. He's making lots of noise doing that but to top it off, he's blasting 80's rock on Pandora. I'm about to snap, lol. My alarm is going off at 5:00 a.m. I swear they are all still in summer mode. And they make me feel so old. Well I have to go remind everyone that its a Thursday night.
I hope everyone enjoys their evening.
Goodnight and sweet dreams!
Hopefully everyone will quiet down soon. Sleep well!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Great news!

Oh my! Emotions are hitting our house hard tonight! One second my wife thinks she's Batman, then she's acting like the crazy lady in Fatal Attraction, then she's crying because I didn't hang up MY dress pants right (they should have been folder another way)....

Whew....I would stay and chat....but I think I'm going to hide in the closet...if you see her coming towards you....be very quiet.....

Lol I know it is not funny for you but it sure sounds funny to me. I'm feeling sorry for you BUT I feel even more sorry for your wife. Must be ugly to be in such a emotional rollercoster.
Whenever there is happiness, hope you’ll be there too. Wherever there are friendly smiles, hope they’ll smile on you. Whenever there is sunshine, hope it shine especially for you. To make each day for you, as bright as it can be. from Ireland

Best Regards, Mona
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cetacea For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-20-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-20-2013), made582 (09-20-2013), Meceka (09-20-2013), snowflake22 (09-20-2013), xmas365 (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 32,450 Times in 5,959 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Drink java Coach,,,, It solves everything

Yabba!!

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Binger For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-20-2013), Cetacea (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-20-2013), snowflake22 (09-20-2013), xmas365 (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 32,450 Times in 5,959 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Tomorrow night is Valeriemas ... Join us... Festivities begin 11:00pm est.

Yabba!!

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Binger For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-20-2013), made582 (09-20-2013), snowflake22 (09-20-2013), xmas365 (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,557 Times in 8,270 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Thank you all so much!!! I really do appreciate all the thoughts & prayers & so does Buster! Snowflake - he does take Benadryl. He has had an allergy shot a couple of years in the past but the vet prefers Benadryl if we can avoid the steroid shot! Hopefully he has a better night tonight. He is sleeping now...uh o
One of my cats gets a steroid shot for allergies every once in a while, it always works well for her.
Holiday, are you sure there aren't any fleas on Buster? Maggie had a really restless night not too long ago where she couldn't sleep and was itching and biting. It ended up being that we were having a problem with Frontline. It wasn't working for them anymore. I was told that certain fleas have become resistant to one of the active ingredients in it. We switched medications a couple of months ago and there doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. Just wanted to throw that out there, continued prayers for Buster!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:23 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,557 Times in 8,270 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great news!

Such a range of emotions. Some good, some bad! Continued prayers for all of you!!!
ballcoach (09-20-2013), Cetacea (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-20-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-20-2013), made582 (09-20-2013), shellie12 (09-20-2013), snowflake22 (09-20-2013), whitney37354 (09-20-2013), xmas365 (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 04:59 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,318 Times in 13,286 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good evening!
I don't know what's going on here tonight. I'm the only one that seems to remember that it's a school night. The girls have a fire going in the back yard and have a few friends over. And my husband is putting molding up. He's making lots of noise doing that but to top it off, he's blasting 80's rock on Pandora. I'm about to snap, lol. My alarm is going off at 5:00 a.m. I swear they are all still in summer mode. And they make me feel so old. Well I have to go remind everyone that its a Thursday night.
I hope everyone enjoys their evening.
Goodnight and sweet dreams!
LOL, party pooper! Soon enough it will all move inside, so enjoy that most of thee noise is outside right now. Plus they are young women with tons of energy not like us up and coming geriatrics that need our rest.
Cetacea (09-20-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-20-2013), made582 (09-20-2013), shellie12 (09-20-2013), snowflake22 (09-20-2013), whitney37354 (09-20-2013), xmas365 (09-20-2013), yolie8174 (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 05:12 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,318 Times in 13,286 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great news!

just wait till postpartum sets in!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:15 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,903 Times in 2,853 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning, Friendly Friday Folks.

Well, with 'Pines Day and the day after behind us, we now turn our attention to Weekend Eve.
.....And also to this:
Days to the Season: 54
Days to Christmas Day: 96

Five -- count 'em -- FIVE more days remain until we are three-quarters of the way back to Christmas.
(Put that in your stump of a pipe and smoke it!)

The nicely cool/low humidity situation is continuing as we draw nigh to the first day of Fall (this Sunday).
Today has commenced at 65 degrees here in the capital city, and a very light rain has just finished falling.

Well now, Friends. Enjoy your Weekend Eve, and have a Fabulous Friday while you're at it!
ballcoach (09-20-2013), Bradmac (09-20-2013), brent (09-20-2013), Cetacea (09-20-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (09-20-2013), Christmasstar (09-20-2013), Festive Spirit (09-20-2013), Holiday (09-20-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-20-2013), made582 (09-20-2013), Meceka (09-20-2013), MerryCarey (09-20-2013), Ryan (09-20-2013), sgrenoble (09-20-2013), snowflake22 (09-20-2013), Spyells (09-21-2013), xmas365 (09-20-2013), yolie8174 (09-20-2013)