Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Sam's First Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:23 PM
48,445 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Christmas Stress: A...
By MMC Editor
12-18-2012 08:45 PM
0 Posts
December the 25th
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:23 PM
59,042 Views  0 Posts
How to Get Your Teen in...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:28 PM
42,391 Views  0 Posts
O Holy Night
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:20 PM
60,976 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,427 Times in 12,642 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Me, too, Snowflake!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
I just love hearing @ love stories such as yours and ballcoach's!! Beautiful!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:15 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,449 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Goodnight everyone. I have stayed up too late. Hallmark Movie Channel had a new western on tonight. I will regret watching until after midnight, but it was pretty good. Have a good Sunday.

Hoping you have a great Sunday too !! xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Ryan (01-28-2013), Seawaters (01-27-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 AM

caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by 'Tis the season View Post
Wet and windy here. Off to the gym for a while, then home to prepare dinner. I'm off for a few days so less hectic than a normal Sunday. Have a good day folks.

Have a nice time being off !!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (01-27-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 AM

holly

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Off to Church. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great Sunday !!! xo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
made582 (01-27-2013), Seawaters (01-27-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 AM

holly

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Oh, friends....

the flu has arrived in our house....I'm so sore my fingers hurt when I type and my feet hurt when I walk....just aches....

We went to bed last night early...got almost 12 hours of sleep...before we went to bed we both had a 101 temp.

But it is what you make of it....wifey is sitting in her chair right beside me and we are getting to just sit and visit....something it seems we don't get to do often....

Always find the silver lining....

I hope you and Mrs. Coach feel better !!! xo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Seawaters (01-27-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 AM

holly

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I hope you get well soon!

I know what you mean by that silver lining! When Wayne was in the hospital with his heart problem I spent 3 nights with him there in a bed by his. We did make the best of it since he was still in good spirits and actually felt well, just heart fluttering (which was still a bit scary). We really had a nice time together, talking, laughing watching funny stuff on TV. We wondered if the nurses and doctors thought we were having a party in his room! We still talk about our time we spent there. Sure, I was worried sick about him and don't want to be back at the hospital but like you said, "it is what you make of it". I think the funniest part being in the hospital that we were watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon that we have seen over and over since we were kids and suddenly we were laughing so hard at it that we had tears streaming down our face. I don't think that particular cartoon was that funny in the past but it was hilarious that day. We still laugh thinking about that. Of course if he was there in critical condition, I think it would be a bit hard to stay upbeat but Wayne and I were taking walks through the hospital and his appetite was well so it went okay!

Take care of yourself! I am glad your wife is there to cheer you up!

I think it is terrific that you guys always are so positive !! Positivity seems to have eluded me .......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Seawaters (01-27-2013), Snow-in-Texas (02-02-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 AM

holly

Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
I hope you feel better soon Ballcoach!!!

That is one of the things I love about our relationship, we can take a bad situation and make it better. I actually have fond memories about those days in the hospital, not that I want to go through that again of course. We can be silly together and have fun doing stuff most people find boring.

It is nice to have someone to be silly and be a kid with ! xo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Seawaters (01-27-2013), Snow-in-Texas (02-02-2013), snowflake22 (01-27-2013), sugar142286 (05-26-2013), xmas365 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thank you, Jennifer. I think I can handle just about anything except the upchucking. Yuck! Sorry, guys. I wish we had snow, but then I would miss the last days with my students since Thursday is my last day. Is there a way you can get way ahead on your school work so you can have a relaxing weekend for Super Bowl? I sure hope so. If you need any help, just ask! I make every effort to stay ahead of the work. For example, even before Thanksgiving, I had lesson plans and most copies made to go through March 22. I did tell Tara, the one who will be taking over my class, that that would let her use the time from February 1 to March 22 just to ease into the classroom routine without having to worry about lesson plans or copying and to use that time to begin making her own plans and adjustments slowly as she sees fit. Then she can begin doing plans and copies for April and May. Normally there is not a lot to do for the first week of June anyway. I have even gathered and marked the packets and other materials that she will need to copy for reading for the rest of the year. I am lucky that she knows the third grade curriculum since she did a long term sub job for her SIL from October through part of January while her SIL was on pregancy leave.

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Praying for Seawaters, Coach, and Coach's wife to all feel better very soon. There is nothing that I hate more than throwing up or getting the flu! Hoping for a speedy recovery. Relax and rest!

I have been so busy lately that I haven't found the time to make a post. On Friday I was not able to go to class because we ended up with five or six inches of snow. My professor told me that it was fine that I didn't go, that the roads were very bad. I am not sure if I will make it to class tomorrow, either! We are supposed to get freezing rain, sleet, and ice overnight tonight. If the roads are bad in the morning I am not going to risk driving.

Today it is going to be a relatively low-key day relaxing at home. I am going to make something for dinner, but I am not sure what yet. It is cold out so I want to make something really good. I have a Penguins game to watch early this evening at 5 PM. I am hoping that they win. We started the season off strong with two wins, but we lost the past two games. We need to get on a winning streak!

I am all caught up on my work/homework, so I am off to relax for a little this morning! Have a Super Sunday, everyone! Hope you and your families are all doing well.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 AM

holly

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Praying for Seawaters, Coach, and Coach's wife to all feel better very soon. There is nothing that I hate more than throwing up or getting the flu! Hoping for a speedy recovery. Relax and rest!

I have been so busy lately that I haven't found the time to make a post. On Friday I was not able to go to class because we ended up with five or six inches of snow. My professor told me that it was fine that I didn't go, that the roads were very bad. I am not sure if I will make it to class tomorrow, either! We are supposed to get freezing rain, sleet, and ice overnight tonight. If the roads are bad in the morning I am not going to risk driving.

Today it is going to be a relatively low-key day relaxing at home. I am going to make something for dinner, but I am not sure what yet. It is cold out so I want to make something really good. I have a Penguins game to watch early this evening at 5 PM. I am hoping that they win. We started the season off strong with two wins, but we lost the past two games. We need to get on a winning streak!

I am all caught up on my work/homework, so I am off to relax for a little this morning! Have a Super Sunday, everyone! Hope you and your families are all doing well.

Good to see you, Jennifer !!! Good luck to your Penguins !!!! xo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 AM

Last Achievements

This looks like a fun gift. You were lucky, as I am sure you know, to have been at the theater with the organ.

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Yes, we've seen that one! Someone gave us this box set of Harold Lloyd a few years ago for Christmas---I don't think we've seen everything in it yet. I'm more of a Keaton fan, myself.

When I lived in Maryland, the downtown movie house that was built in 1926, the Tivoli, had a working theater organ. They used to show a few silent films a year accompanied by the organ. I used to write the pieces that went in the newspaper telling about the films that would be shown. There was a special thrill in seeing a silent film with the organ in a theater where these films were shown for the first time.