Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Why the Big Guy is a Big...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:10 PM
0 Posts
The Scientific Theory of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:36 PM
50,599 Views  0 Posts
How To Get Great Holiday...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:00 PM
46,923 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Christmas Stress: A...
By MMC Editor
12-18-2012 08:45 PM
0 Posts
Homemade for the Holidays
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:31 PM
48,062 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-08-2013, 08:29 AM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,893 Times in 13,905 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I will certainly pass along the info if I find out!

I have it on now! Thanks!

I hope you have a better day today!

Why do people take sports so seriously that they let it ruin their day when their team loses and take it so personal? I don't have a problem admitting when the opposing team does well and will give them credit. I also like to poke fun at each other when my team, Cowboys, are playing against another. Just all in fun, that's it, no drama! If my Boys lose I whimper for a minute then I move on and prepare for the next game. No long time sulking, it's just a game! I have been a die hard Cowboys my entire life BUT they don't take over my entire life! I just have a blast watching them and cheering them on! When the game is over, it's over! =)
When my Bruins lost the Stanley Cup Final back in June, I was sad but I didn't let it ruin my day, or week. I was just happy for the ride the team took us, the fans on.
I think he was more upset than usual because he has been bragging for years on how much better the Patriots are than the Bengals. He lost some of his argument with that game.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 AM

Last Achievements

xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

Sadly, I had to send my trial-use Microsoft Surface tablet back to the corporate office today. They let me keep it long enough to get used to having it available to me, then they SNATCHED IT AWAY! Ok, I knew I'd have to turn it back in, but I was hoping they had forgotten about it...LOL. I tried to justify to our general manager purchasing one for me, since it was so handy. I don't think he bought my presentation, though. Haha!

We finally got some rain last night. It was getting pretty dry & dusty around here. Also, it's good for the deer food we planted last weekend!

I hope y'all have a great day!

Sounds like you have something to ask Santa for now.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 AM

Last Achievements

Good morning,

I have been busy this morning, get the boys ready and off to school, run to Goodwill, and Rocky's Hardware Store, very little Christmas stuff out by the way.
I wanted to go to KMart, but I saw a fellow co-worker walking in and didn't want to deal with being social with someone from work today. So I just left instead, I will head back probably next week.

I have already done 2 loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and next I will tackle the sink faucet, got to replace the whole thing.

Just watching some Christmas With The Kranks now.

I hope you all have a great Pines Eve!!!!

I will be popping in and out throughout the day, I can't stay away from the MMC for too long.
Bradmac (10-08-2013), Cetacea (10-08-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-08-2013), Christmasstar (10-08-2013), Holiday (10-08-2013), kizzy (10-08-2013), made582 (10-08-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Little Snowflake
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,021 Times in 235 Posts
Cetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thank you all. I'm just so happy to share this good news with everyone and it is great to know you are celebrating it with me/us.

Today my parents at the construction company and they can just the details of the flat (colors, kitchen usw.). The experts told them they should calculating up to four hours for the meeting, because of all the decisions they have to make.

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Thank you, Cetacea!! ��

Congrats to your family on your new flat!! How exciting!!!! So happy for you guys

So, I have to ask, have you pictured where you guys will put your Christmas tree?! ��

Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is very exciting. Our Christmas Tree will be in front of our balcony windows, eventhough we have a artificial christmas tree, we won't put it on until two or one week before christmas.

Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Not-so-good news: Woke up feeling lousy (painful boils on my body) so staying home.

Good news: cooking with my crock-pot! YAY!!
Sending "good health"-wishes to you! Get well soon!

My 4 year old granddaughter loves for me to get out my animated Santa and have me plug it in so she can look at it. I know I have mentioned this before. It is almost as tall as her. We had it out again yesterday. When her mom came to pick her up she gave me a hug then ran over to Santa and hugged him too!
Sooo cute!

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
We haven't even started shopping yet. We try to be done by December 1, and haven't done anything.
I'm like you. Usually I already shop the first gifts in October. Right know I have a pretty good idea for my sister but nothing for my parents. I hope I'll soon find some good gifts.
Whenever there is happiness, hope you’ll be there too. Wherever there are friendly smiles, hope they’ll smile on you. Whenever there is sunshine, hope it shine especially for you. To make each day for you, as bright as it can be. from Ireland

Best Regards, Mona
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cetacea For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-08-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-08-2013), Christmasstar (10-08-2013), Holiday (10-08-2013), kizzy (10-08-2013), made582 (10-08-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-08-2013), xmas365 (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,106 Times in 3,089 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Thanks! I want one!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
ME TOO!!! Just remember - This:

Turns into this:

Lol! Always amazes me how much their color changes. They are just adorable! (why do I have so many pictures of my neighbors dog?? Ha ha ha)

Hello everyone! I have been on the past few days and posted elsewhere, ran out of time and did not make it on here!

Today my granddaughter, mother, aunt and I went to a pumpkin patch that included a hay ride. We had a picnic while we were there and took home several pumpkins. We had a blast!

Over the weekend Wayne and I went to World Market and bought ourselves a new Christmas Tree decoration. I should have taken pictures of the store itself, they had lots of nice decorations. I will try to do that next time.

Here is our new ornament: (He does have another eye! There is a glare on the glass).
Sounds like a GREAT weekend! Your Santa ornament is really nice!! Love it!

Good afternoon, friends!!

Hope y'all had a great day!!

Today was my first day of work, and it went really well! I worked a lot of muscles I didn't even realize I had!! I learned a lot, and am pretty darn exhausted. I think I will really like it. The lady who trained me is very nice, and knows her stuff. They had two unexpected trucks come in, so we were all moving quick. She complimented me on my hard work ethic, and a great first day. That was nice to hear- she even had me on a headset a half hour in.

I saw tons of beautiful Christmas decorations being unpacked in the back! It all will be out by Thursday ������ Can't wait!!

Well, better get Harlowe walked again soon, and start on the dishes tonight.

Then, it's time to relax a bit. I have a few mystery shows/movies to watch.

Hope you guys have a fabulous evening!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So glad your 1st day went so well!!!! Awesome! I bet seeing all those Christmas decorations made your day!!!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
brrrrrrrrrr what a wet and chilly day we are having.
Right now it is only 11c (51f) going down to only 6c (42f) tonight.
Cooking a casserole for supper, turkey pie topped with mashed potatoes. Something nice and hot.
I have company coming for Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, there will be 8 of us for dinner. Then we have our family dinner on Monday and that will be a pot luck with about 40 people. So I have a lot of cooking to do!
hmmm, what to make for dessert?
This makes me so excited for our Thanksgiving!! How fun. Sound delicious - ENJOY!!

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Friends: the day has come! I started my week long vacation yesterday and we're flying out of Pittsburgh in the morning around 6 to go Cancun to celebrate our 5th anniversary that occurred in July. We headed to Pittsburgh now.

We will have wifi, so I will still occasionally check in, but I am going to have a blast and enjoy myself!

Hope you are all well! Thinking of all you guys! Miss you all as well! God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good for you! Happy Anniversary! ENJOY every minute!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
Put this in your list of things not to do....
Open a stuck lid on a glass jar with a pair of plyers
Don't worry it was not to bad!
OUCH!!! Hope it heals quick!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
We've made it! It's the evening of the homestretch. Unbelievable. No. Wait. It's not. Crown even said it above! A Milestone Monday. Congratulations, everyone. The final milestone before the Season has arrived. In a mere 37 days, we will all be gathered here counting down the seconds to the beginning of the Christmas Season. Personally, I cannot wait to be here in realtime with all of you. It is a magical moment - each and every year. Until then, let's all continue enjoy seeing the signs of Christmas fill our regions, cities, towns, villages and even homes. It is truly almost The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. And for my fifth year, I look forward to spending it with the Most Wonderful People on the Internet!

In celebration of this milestone, I am not surprised to see more than 40 pages in the countdown thread! Great work, everyone. I had my first day at work today. It was an interesting experience. It was definitely a little boring, but I am sure that will improve as the week goes on.

Well, I think I am off to check out the Blossoms thread to see some more magical sights and sounds that you've all been so gracious to share. I can't wait to find some of my own this upcoming (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend!
I hope your new job gets more interesting!!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good evening, MMC!

I have to clean the kitchen a bit after the canning I did this afternoon/evening. Today I made tomato basil jam and ketchup. I have been in the kitchen most of the afternoon and ended up making only 5 pints total. Since I was trying out new recipes I only did one batch each. Takes a long time to cook ketchup down and there is a lot of stirring, too. Smells tangy in here! Still a lot to do today - busy season in more ways than one!

Be MERRY!!!
That does make for a long day! I hope it all tastes yummy!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-08-2013), Christmasstar (10-08-2013), kizzy (10-08-2013), made582 (10-08-2013), Meceka (10-08-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-08-2013), xmas365 (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:13 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,731 Times in 26,457 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Sadly, I had to send my trial-use Microsoft Surface tablet back to the corporate office today. They let me keep it long enough to get used to having it available to me, then they SNATCHED IT AWAY! Ok, I knew I'd have to turn it back in, but I was hoping they had forgotten about it...LOL. I tried to justify to our general manager purchasing one for me, since it was so handy. I don't think he bought my presentation, though. Haha!

LOL!!! Hopefully he will see that were much more productive when you had it and change his mind!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the Binger to replace Letterman as the Late Show Host movement!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-08-2013), Cetacea (10-08-2013), Christmasstar (10-08-2013), Holiday (10-08-2013), kizzy (10-08-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-08-2013), xmas365 (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:15 AM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thank you, CAH!! Yes, still sore this morning, but in a strange way, it feels good-mentally, at least! =)

It's because you know that you were doing something productive.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (10-08-2013), Christmasstar (10-08-2013), Holiday (10-08-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-08-2013), xmas365 (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:17 AM

Last Achievements

We haven't even started shopping yet. We try to be done by December 1, and haven't done anything.

I only have a few things left to buy then I'll be done. I'm way behind on everything else though.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-08-2013), Holiday (10-08-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-08-2013), xmas365 (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Little Snowflake
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,021 Times in 235 Posts
Cetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm out, wish you all a great evening!

See you tomorrow!
Whenever there is happiness, hope you’ll be there too. Wherever there are friendly smiles, hope they’ll smile on you. Whenever there is sunshine, hope it shine especially for you. To make each day for you, as bright as it can be. from Ireland

Best Regards, Mona
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cetacea For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-08-2013), Christmasstar (10-08-2013), Holiday (10-08-2013), kizzy (10-08-2013), made582 (10-08-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-08-2013), xmas365 (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 AM

Last Achievements

Good morning,

I have been busy this morning, get the boys ready and off to school, run to Goodwill, and Rocky's Hardware Store, very little Christmas stuff out by the way.
I wanted to go to KMart, but I saw a fellow co-worker walking in and didn't want to deal with being social with someone from work today. So I just left instead, I will head back probably next week.

I have already done 2 loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and next I will tackle the sink faucet, got to replace the whole thing.

Just watching some Christmas With The Kranks now.

I hope you all have a great Pines Eve!!!!

I will be popping in and out throughout the day, I can't stay away from the MMC for too long.

Wow!! You have been productive this morning!!!! I feel like a bum just sitting here.

Good Luck with the faucet!!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-08-2013), Holiday (10-08-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-08-2013), xmas365 (10-08-2013)