Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,174 Times in 4,629 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
*yawn* *stretch*

Good Friday morning, my Christmas friends!

We were up till 1am working on Elizabeth's video project for Bible class. They used her tablet again to record, and it only store videos in MP4 format, so we had a tough time getting the different videos "stitched" together into one long video that would play on a computer. The final video was a 1/2 gigabyte, and would only play on a PC using Apple QuickTime. I finally had to take a laptop from work to her class this morning, and play it for her class...but it worked. YAY!! The girls got an "A", and now I can forget about that crazy video!

We got a good bit of wiring done on the Camaro yesterday (before I know I had to work on the school project), replacing the entire wiring harness. Getting closer!

I hope y'all have a great day!
Bullypup (10-11-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-11-2013), kizzy (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Meceka (10-11-2013), mgramsey (10-11-2013), Ryan (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)

Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Little Snowflake
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 244 Posts
Cetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm heading home in a couple minutes.

Don't know when I'll back as I haven't made any plans for next week.

Tomorrow I have to clean our flat and on sunday we have our thanksgiving church service and in the afternoon a some friends from church (married couple with two boys) will come over for a visit.
Whenever there is happiness, hope you’ll be there too. Wherever there are friendly smiles, hope they’ll smile on you. Whenever there is sunshine, hope it shine especially for you. To make each day for you, as bright as it can be. from Ireland

Best Regards, Mona
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cetacea For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Bullypup (10-11-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-11-2013), kizzy (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), mgramsey (10-11-2013), Ryan (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,174 Times in 4,629 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Good morning MMC! Happy, Happy Friday! My morning started out a little manic - couldn't find car keys, almost forgot to bring the crockpot along to work (I needed to start the roast/sausage at 9:30'ish so I brought it to work..it's starting to smell yummy in here!) I got to work at 8:07 - supposed to start at 8! OOPS! Not a big deal though - I never leave on time in the afternoon, so it all comes out in the wash! One benefit of working for a small company!
Is it likely that your co-workers will let you leave with that crockpot?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
*yawn* *stretch*

Good Friday morning, my Christmas friends!

We were up till 1am working on Elizabeth's video project for Bible class. They used her tablet again to record, and it only store videos in MP4 format, so we had a tough time getting the different videos "stitched" together into one long video that would play on a computer. The final video was a 1/2 gigabyte, and would only play on a PC using Apple QuickTime. I finally had to take a laptop from work to her class this morning, and play it for her class...but it worked. YAY!! The girls got an "A", and now I can forget about that crazy video!

We got a good bit of wiring done on the Camaro yesterday (before I know I had to work on the school project), replacing the entire wiring harness. Getting closer!

I hope y'all have a great day!
Congrats to Elizabeth & friends! That is an "A" that is WELL DESERVED!!! I bet you are glad that is all over & done! Wew! Hope you will be able to work on the car this weekend!!!

Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post
I'm heading home in a couple minutes.

Don't know when I'll back as I haven't made any plans for next week.

Tomorrow I have to clean our flat and on sunday we have our thanksgiving church service and in the afternoon a some friends from church (married couple with two boys) will come over for a visit.
Nice! Have a great weekend & Happy Thanksgiving if we don't "see" you again before then!! ENJOY!!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Is it likely that your co-workers will let you leave with that crockpot?
This place is like a ghost town today! Half the employees bailed out since it's so nice outside!! My boss is the only one who has been in the office & he hasn't said a word, so I think I'll be able to "sneak" it outa here!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Bullypup (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,379 Times in 2,952 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hello guys. Another crazy day at work. Hope to be around more on the weekend. Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Bullypup (10-11-2013), kizzy (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,124 Times in 9,459 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
So glad to hear your aunt came out of that okay. It's chilling to read something like this. No matter how safely you yourself drive, you're always at the mercy of the irresponsible drivers. It's one reason I hate driving in snowy or icy weather---even if I'm careful, some doofus in a hurry is liable to skid into me. I hope the other driver gets what's coming to her in court. That sounds vengeful, but she needs a lesson in responsibility.
That is one thing that is bad here when there is ice on the ground. People have no clue and are all over the road. It's very dangerous when it ices over. Since drivers hardly ever deal with here it things get bad. I bet it's frustrating for you since they should be very aware of the dangers and SLOW DOWN! Stay safe this winter, my friend!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Bullypup (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Ryan (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,854 Times in 1,630 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Happy Friday afternoon! Dropped Jude off at school adn went grocery shopping before eating.. wow, are my freezers, fridge, pantry, snack cabinet, etc full. LOL. No one can complain about there being nothing to eat!

Rainy and chilly again today. Gingerbread Spice tea (Celestial Seasonings, get some!!) is back!! I picked up 3 boxes today!!!! Wooooooo! Drinking some tea while the boys play trains. Lovely!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Bullypup (10-11-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-13-2013), kizzy (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Ryan (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 11:25 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,618 Times in 7,653 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Well talk about a fun evening, My aunt got into a car accident on the way home from work. My aunt was stopped at a red light and a girl in a mazda just plowed into her, went up underneath her car, and shoved her sportage into an Esclade that was in front of her. The lady didn't even try to stop. She told my aunt that she remember's hitting her brakes and then she blacked out. Well my aunt's car had the radiator busted so she called me to come get her. I got there about the same time the cop did. While I was walking up it was clear to me what had happened and the cop apparently smelled the same thing I did. He went up to the young girl who was on her cell phone and told her to get off. She didn't listen. So he told her again. She didn't listen again. Then she tried to walk away. So he grabbed the phone out of her hand, turned it off, and threw it on the hood of her car. Then he proceeded to handcuff her and put her in the back of the cop car. He then walked back up to the car and took out her purse and pulled out a little margarine bowl. When he opened it, it was filled with weed. Which didn't shock me because her car reeked of it and I could smell it from 15 feet away. So I'm sure the girl was smoking and not paying attention when she ran into my aunt. There was no skid marks at all so if she tried to stop, it wasn't until she was right up on her. So after all the paper work was filled out, my mom had a wrecker that they use at the dealership she works for come pick it up and tow it there so she could go ahead and get the paperwork started tonight on it. Then I took my aunt home and waited while she called the insurance company to file a claim so I could take all the numbers to mom. Luckily, my aunt wasn't hurt. She is pretty stiff and I expect she will be worse in the morning but nothing that required an ambulance or anything.

As for me, I'm exhausted. I obviously couldn't drive with the boot on so I've been running around without it all night. So my foot is throbbing pretty good now. So I'm going to sign off for the night and put this foot up. I have to take my aunt to get a rental car in the morning and to mom's work to sign some paperwork, so I'll be late checking in.

Goodnight, Everyone!!!!!!
Thank God your aunt is okay. I would still have her checked out with a doctor - never know what lasting effects there will be from such an accident. My sister just recently started having severe back pain so she went and had an x-ray taken to see what was causing the problem. The diagnosis was that the way she was sitting at work was making a problem she has had with her back for years but did not know about more pronounced. The doctor told her it was probably caused by whiplash. She never had whiplash although back in the early 70s, she was in a car accident and received quite a jolt. If she had gotten checked out then, she wouldn't be having such a time of it now.

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time resting your foot. Take it easy this weekend, made!!! I will be praying that you heal quick!!!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-13-2013), kizzy (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Ryan (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 11:30 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,618 Times in 7,653 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post
Good afternoon MMC gang!

It is friday ANNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD my last day of work before my holiday starts! I'm sooo happy.

As usual it is also a very busy day. I had to deal with some pretty complicated product questions this morning and I also have to finish all my pending tasks. So far I'm sure I'll be finished with everything this evening.

It is really cold today and I had wear my winter coat. At the moment the weather is a bit better (not raining and snowing), not sure how long it will stayt that way though.

Wow, I'm so happy that your aunt wasn't hurt! Sometimes I just don't understand people. Is it really too much to ask for to don't drive while you are infuenced by alcohol or drugs? Sorry, but this is something that really makes me angry.
Have a great holiday, Cetacea!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
made582 (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,358 Times in 5,935 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
That is one thing that is bad here when there is ice on the ground. People have no clue and are all over the road. It's very dangerous when it ices over. Since drivers hardly ever deal with here it things get bad. I bet it's frustrating for you since they should be very aware of the dangers and SLOW DOWN! Stay safe this winter, my friend!
We have another brand of bad winter driver here in NE: drivers who don't scrape the snow off their car, except for a tiny spot on the windshield. Not only does it cut off their visibility in poor weather, but other drivers have been injured by large blocks of snow hurtling off the top of the car or SUV in front of them and obscuring or breaking their windshield. They SHOULD be aware of the dangers, but for some people, their personal desire to be somewhere else in a hurry is more important everyone's safety.

Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
Gingerbread Spice tea (Celestial Seasonings, get some!!) is back!! I picked up 3 boxes today!!!! Wooooooo!
Thanks for the update!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-13-2013), judesmama (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)