Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Halloween: What's the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:28 PM
48,189 Views  0 Posts
The Bishop's Wife (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:05 PM
0 Posts
Bells Luke Chapter 2: The...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:53 PM
79,450 Views  0 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
62,971 Views  0 Posts
Amanda
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:33 PM
46,019 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It is good to be here. I have appointments for blood tests and other stuff to find out why I have headaches and to keep track of calcium (it was a tad high) and to do some other things! I found out I have to be extra careful regarding my bones, especially jaw bones!!! The zometa can affect that!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
So happy to see you, Seawaters!

Simon's Cat is quite the sweet pea! =)

Sounds delish! Enjoy!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:47 PM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Uh, wine!!!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
ok, for tomorrows dinner
I got the turkey and stuffing
broccoli, corn, coleslaw and cranberries
potatoes and gravy
buns
pickled onions, beets and pickles
apple pie, pumpkin pie with whip cream
I feel like I am missing something...
Old 10-11-2013, 05:58 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,257 Times in 7,243 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Yes! I keep a box of that in my desk at work. Ever try it with just a dribble of vanilla syrup? Cinnamon bun in a cup!
No, I haven't. I will have to give that a try. Thank you for the idea, Merry!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), MerryCarey (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Last Achievements

Lemon for me, please!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post

Mincemeat and lemon tarts cooling. These are for a coffee time tomorrow
Old 10-11-2013, 06:10 PM

Last Achievements

So excited for all of you!!! It sounds wonderful that y'all are at a spot when it is coming together. Don't forget pictures right away when it is completed and at Christmas!!!

Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post
Thank you all. I'm just so happy to share this good news with everyone and it is great to know you are celebrating it with me/us.

Today my parents at the construction company and they can just the details of the flat (colors, kitchen usw.). The experts told them they should calculating up to four hours for the meeting, because of all the decisions they have to make.

Yes it is very exciting. Our Christmas Tree will be in front of our balcony windows, eventhough we have a artificial christmas tree, we won't put it on until two or one week before christmas.

Sending "good health"-wishes to you! Get well soon!

Sooo cute!

I'm like you. Usually I already shop the first gifts in October. Right know I have a pretty good idea for my sister but nothing for my parents. I hope I'll soon find some good gifts.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:13 PM

Last Achievements

I have on those same purple glasses right now!

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
ME TOO!!! Just remember - This:

Turns into this:

Lol! Always amazes me how much their color changes. They are just adorable! (why do I have so many pictures of my neighbors dog?? Ha ha ha)

Sounds like a GREAT weekend! Your Santa ornament is really nice!! Love it!

So glad your 1st day went so well!!!! Awesome! I bet seeing all those Christmas decorations made your day!!!

This makes me so excited for our Thanksgiving!! How fun. Sound delicious - ENJOY!!

Good for you! Happy Anniversary! ENJOY every minute!

OUCH!!! Hope it heals quick!

I hope your new job gets more interesting!!

That does make for a long day! I hope it all tastes yummy!!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:15 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,098 Times in 13,832 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
As you may have read in some of my earlier posts I have been rearranging furniture during the past few days. Today, Palmer has been rearranging her toys! She has been carrying her teddy bear all around and placing it in various spots. Once placed, she sits and stares at it for a few minutes and then picks it up and moves it to another spot. Right now she has it hugging a box. As to her jingle balls, she is lining them up in prime play positions.

She is being a Sweet Pea again today!!!
Oh my gosh, that is just so precious!! I wish I could watch her 💗

Please give Palmer hugs for Harlowe & I!!
We are sending some to you too, friend!!

xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2013, 06:19 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
As Made reported, we FINALLY received our building permit. Hubby had to go down and pay a school tax (over $700), building permit fee (over $1000), and now has to pay the utility company a fee to put up a temporary electrical pole. In addition, he has to submit to the electric company his CAD plans, plus LOTS of other things! What??? It is crazy! He went online yesterday and ordered the huge exhaust hood for the stove! That thing was $3000! I guess it is a good thing we are rich, LOL!!! (Y'all know I am kidding, right?)
Congrats on getting the building permit!! Praise The Lord!!

It's ridiculous the hoops they make you jump through.

Glad you are back!! You've been missed!!

Old 10-11-2013, 06:19 PM

Last Achievements

The most important question of all!!!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
So, I have to ask, have you pictured where you guys will put your Christmas tree?! ��

Xo

Old 10-11-2013, 06:28 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Christmas Countdown - 2013

Good evening, friends~

It was a busy day at work. We have so many trucks coming weekly, especially with the holidays coming (Holidays are coming! Holidays are coming!!)

(I have that jingle in my head)
Hope it's in yours now too!! =]

Oh my word! The Christmas decorations are starting to be put out & they are AMAZING 🎄

I'm gonna be broke!

Harlowe & I are tired, so we are going to veg out on the couch.

Cool down coming overnight. Yay!

Have a great night, all.

Btw, here is my peanut from the other day- so sweet!!

xx