Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, PrincipalPankley

Old 10-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 73,062 Times in 12,761 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That is so smart to plan meals like this. I might have to try this idea! Star, I am thinking of mailing your ornaments this week. I remember the troubles that Undrtkr had with the MMC cookbook, so I want to make sure you get this package! I will let you know when I get down to the post office.

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
those chicken look good! We often do that, with everyone working now it is easier to have those really to eat meals available.
Pray all goes well with your dad.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 73,062 Times in 12,761 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That is so sweet of you!

you are gold in my books!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,530 Times in 1,986 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Good morning everyone!

I wasn't able to stop by yesterday. What a busy day! I did, however, hold my own celebrations for the fact that it was one month until the Christmas Season! 30 today and seeing 29 tomorrow will be nothing short of extraordinary!

Despite Thanksgiving being today, we celebrated yesterday - as I believe most people do because of traveling, etc. It was a delicious dinner filled with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and of course, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, apple crisp and a few other delicious deserts. I could barely control myself! All in all, I think it is good that meals like that only happen about twice per year - at least for me... Of course, I will be looking forward to the next one - Christmas Day - even more!

72 days until Christmas Day?! I think I will have to make a massive effort to treasure every inkling of Christmas I see from now on. Not that I don't already, but I think I will have to make an even bigger/conscious effort of appreciation. Hopefully I will be able to go to the Rideau Centre sometime this week to see if I can find some Christmas displays! I'm sure that The Bay may have their Christmas Street on display very shortly!

OK. Well, Kim and I have to drive back to Ottawa shortly. I hope everyone in Canada enjoyed their Thanksgiving and everyone south of the border has done the same for their Columbus Day! There are no remaining holidays until the beginning of the Christmas Season, although some may get Remembrance/Veterans' Day off. Such a wonderful feeling. Our favourite Season will be in here in 30 days!

Have a great Monday, everyone!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (10-14-2013), Bradmac (10-14-2013), Christmasstar (10-14-2013), Holiday (10-14-2013), made582 (10-14-2013), snowflake22 (10-14-2013), xmas365 (10-14-2013), XmasDreams (10-14-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,209 Times in 6,090 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Happy Thanksgiving Day to all in Canada---and anybody who's celebrating in the U.S., too!

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Star and Made, I have been thinking about you both. Prayers are being said that you heal quickly. But as you both have indicated, you definitely have to rest it and "put it up"!!! Take care!
I've been thinking ... maybe Made and Star should watch Christmas movies together to keep them off their feet! Maybe we could send food in to them to keep 'em sitting down.

Seawaters, I hope you're feeling better today. I worry about you when you're not well.

We're both off from work today, so we're working on our own projects---Mr. is downstairs cleaning and checking a film he just bought, and I'm working on various Christmas-prep projects. Time already seems short! Later on we need to go out and order a new stovetop. Our current one was in the house when we bought it, and one burner is pooping out, so it's time for a replacement before holiday cooking begins. It's a GORGEOUS October day out there, so it'll be nice to get out of the house.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-14-2013), Christmasstar (10-14-2013), Holiday (10-14-2013), made582 (10-14-2013), snowflake22 (10-14-2013), xmas365 (10-14-2013), XmasDreams (10-14-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,832 Times in 3,036 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
That is so smart to plan meals like this. I might have to try this idea! Star, I am thinking of mailing your ornaments this week. I remember the troubles that Undrtkr had with the MMC cookbook, so I want to make sure you get this package! I will let you know when I get down to the post office.
There's a MMC cookbook?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-14-2013), Christmasstar (10-14-2013), Holiday (10-14-2013), made582 (10-14-2013), snowflake22 (10-14-2013), xmas365 (10-14-2013), XmasDreams (10-14-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,832 Times in 3,036 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
MerryCarey, there was some vintage horror on last night. TCM ran Nosferatu and it is now waiting on my DVR for some nice October viewing.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,886 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Wow! That looks gooood sumthin' fierce, as Andy Griffith would say.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,915 Times in 4,084 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
well all the food we have to bring is ready to go, now to get changed, load up the van and have some fun!
Have a great day everyone.
Have a blast!! YUM!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good morning everyone!

I wasn't able to stop by yesterday. What a busy day! I did, however, hold my own celebrations for the fact that it was one month until the Christmas Season! 30 today and seeing 29 tomorrow will be nothing short of extraordinary!

Despite Thanksgiving being today, we celebrated yesterday - as I believe most people do because of traveling, etc. It was a delicious dinner filled with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and of course, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, apple crisp and a few other delicious deserts. I could barely control myself! All in all, I think it is good that meals like that only happen about twice per year - at least for me... Of course, I will be looking forward to the next one - Christmas Day - even more!

72 days until Christmas Day?! I think I will have to make a massive effort to treasure every inkling of Christmas I see from now on. Not that I don't already, but I think I will have to make an even bigger/conscious effort of appreciation. Hopefully I will be able to go to the Rideau Centre sometime this week to see if I can find some Christmas displays! I'm sure that The Bay may have their Christmas Street on display very shortly!

OK. Well, Kim and I have to drive back to Ottawa shortly. I hope everyone in Canada enjoyed their Thanksgiving and everyone south of the border has done the same for their Columbus Day! There are no remaining holidays until the beginning of the Christmas Season, although some may get Remembrance/Veterans' Day off. Such a wonderful feeling. Our favourite Season will be in here in 30 days!

Have a great Monday, everyone!
Have a safe trip! Sounds like you enjoyed a delicious meal!!!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Day to all in Canada---and anybody who's celebrating in the U.S., too!

I've been thinking ... maybe Made and Star should watch Christmas movies together to keep them off their feet! Maybe we could send food in to them to keep 'em sitting down.

Seawaters, I hope you're feeling better today. I worry about you when you're not well.

We're both off from work today, so we're working on our own projects---Mr. is downstairs cleaning and checking a film he just bought, and I'm working on various Christmas-prep projects. Time already seems short! Later on we need to go out and order a new stovetop. Our current one was in the house when we bought it, and one burner is pooping out, so it's time for a replacement before holiday cooking begins. It's a GORGEOUS October day out there, so it'll be nice to get out of the house.
Enjoy your day off!!!

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Oh yes! And a good one at that!!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-14-2013), made582 (10-14-2013), MerryCarey (10-14-2013), Ryan (10-14-2013), snowflake22 (10-14-2013), xmas365 (10-14-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 13,151 Times in 2,246 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good evening, friends!!

I had a busy, but nice evening at work!!

And the Packers won! Woohoo!!
I wore my Rodgers jersey today, everyone in the store had Green Bay gear on! It was pretty cool.

I still haven't eaten dinner, so I'm going to go fix some.

Hope you all have a great evening!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That game was a Love / hate game for me, since these are my two most favorite teams, I loved it that the Packers won and I hated it that the Ravens lost.... Oh what is a football fan to do.....I believe it's another excuse to stuff my face with chicken wings, crab soup and have pie for dessert~

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-14-2013), Holiday (10-14-2013), made582 (10-14-2013), snowflake22 (10-14-2013), xmas365 (10-14-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,886 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yes, but you might have to contact Jeff or Maureen to see if there are any more copies available.