Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,436
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Yes, Virginia -- There...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 01:39 PM
0 Posts
22 16x16 Hot Cocoa or Hot...
By Meceka
10-09-2011 10:58 PM
Last post by Riccardo Vasquez
04-04-2014 01:38 AM
3 Posts
Martha Stewart's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:37 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:37 PM
66,216 Views  1 Posts
Mistletoe Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-23-2012 03:40 PM
34,006 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The First Christmas in...
By Jeff Westover
10-07-2012 10:49 PM
30,671 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-18-2013, 08:03 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,200 Times in 26,527 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Thanks, buddy!!

Glad your allergies are better this morning.

Hope you have a great day!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Buddy!!!

xx

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-18-2013), Ryan (10-18-2013), snowflake22 (10-18-2013), xmas365 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,617 Times in 4,414 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this will work or not, but I compiled a Halloween movie/ special list and made a pdf out of it, so that it can be downloadable. I have attached it here (below), it's called; 13 Spooky days of Halloween - 2013. If it doesn't work, I'll have to then try to get Made to help me.

I haven't been sleeping much lately, so here's what I do late at night on the computer....lol~
Great list, thanks!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
TGIF!

Good Friday morning, my Christmas friends!

We had lots more pictures on the StealthCam yesterday. There was even a raccoon that climbed up and down the deer stand ladder...LOL.

The kids get out of school early today (I don't know why), so we're having lunch with mom, then she's going to the mountains with her brother and his wife. Lucky her!

I've been so busy this week, I haven't had a chance to work on the Camaro at all. I bet Jim's ready to give up on me. I hope I can get some time tomorrow to do some work on it.

Y'all have a great day!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,316 Times in 3,114 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good morning!
Just walked the dogs and it is a beautiful morning with temperatures in the mid 50's. It will be sunny and breezy today with a high of 66 degrees.
Things have been so hectic around here. I have given notice to Yankee Candle that I will be leaving them. It isn't working out for me for a couple of reasons. I'm sad to leave because I love the store but I will be stepping right in to another job. At a Hallmark store!!! This will be a much better fit for me. It is less than 5 minutes from my home and they are willing to accommodate my availability. And Hallmark carries Yankee Candles, so that's a plus! I start October 31st.
Typical day for me, errands and chores. I want to go to the butcher today but first I need to write a menu plan and grocery list for next week. I'll do the rest of my food shopping tomorrow.
I am also starting a diet today. I got on the scale this morning and I really want to lose at least 10 pounds. Well maybe a little more but I will start with a 10 pound goal. I swapped my coffee and creamer for green tea and I had oatmeal instead of the usual bagel and cream cheese. I'm really going to try and be good. It's not easy!!!
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
Good luck at Hallmark! That sounds like a great job too! And good luck on your diet! I am there with you - I think I am never not on a diet! Lol!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Maybe we'll get the spectacle of brightly colored leaves glistening with frost!

Crown, thank heaven for your Countdown. I had somehow convinced myself that Halloween is next Thursday instead of the week after, and I was feeling time rush by way too fast, but this morning's Countdown set me straight!
Sounds beautiful to me!!! I'm glad Crown set you straight!

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Good morning friends. I am supposed to get off at 4:30 this evening and I hope it happens. I've been working overtime lately and I'm worn out!

Tomorrow I am taking my son and his friend on a ghost hunt and we will be visiting some spooky looking (yet safe) places around town. My son said, "we don't believe in ghosts really but it sure is fun to pretend!" I couldn't agree more! He uses that imagination and comes up with some stories to tell and I love hearing them!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Have a great time! How fun!!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
it is getting closer! Here too, was so chilly a few days ago I did have furnace on for awhile. The next few days are getting down in temps here too. Just checked and I see snowflakes in forecast on Tuesday.
I have a wedding tomorrow, my nephew is getting married. Baking cupcakes this morning, hoping to have them iced before I go to work. Then the cake to finish that goes with them, it is baked already, just need to decorate it.
Your cheeseburger cake looked awesome! Good luck with the cupcakes! Keep us posted about snowflakes!!! : -)

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
That looks like our forecast too!!!

Hope you have a great weekend at the lake!!!!
Thank you! Probably only 2 weekends left! Booo!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!!!!! It's going to be a beautiful day here with a high around 60 degree's. I'll just be sitting here in my recliner with my foot up though. Lots of fun. LOL!!! I do need to do a couple more loads of laundry though. So I can't just sit here all day. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!
Can you move your recliner to your porch - in the sun?? Lol! Have a good day!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
TGIF!

We had lots more pictures on the StealthCam yesterday. There was even a raccoon that climbed up and down the deer stand ladder...LOL.

The kids get out of school early today (I don't know why), so we're having lunch with mom, then she's going to the mountains with her brother and his wife. Lucky her!

I've been so busy this week, I haven't had a chance to work on the Camaro at all. I bet Jim's ready to give up on me. I hope I can get some time tomorrow to do some work on it.

Y'all have a great day!
Too funny re: the racoon! They are funny creatures to watch! Have a great lunch. I'm envious of your mama going to the mountains!!! Hope she/they have a great trip!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-18-2013), made582 (10-18-2013), MerryCarey (10-18-2013), Ryan (10-18-2013), snowflake22 (10-18-2013), xmas365 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:30 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,322 Times in 13,876 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
TGIF!

Y'all have a great day!
Hope your Mom has a great time!!

I bet the stealth cam is fun to check out each day!

How is Lulu today, Brad? Praying for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,316 Times in 3,114 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Oh - I talked to my Mom last night. She said Dad got a brace for his back. She said it will take some getting use too, but hopefully it will help. He also got some pain pills. If the brace doesn't do the trick, there is a procedure they can do (and I can't remember the name of it, but I've heard of it before) where they put something like cement between the disks. So I'll keep hoping & praying the brace helps & he can avoid having any kind of procedure. It's generally a quick, easy procedure, but nothing is easy for Dad being on coumadin, etc! And being 85 years old doesn't help speed healing either! The best news is he can still mow lawn in the brace! THANK YOU LORD!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-18-2013), made582 (10-18-2013), Ryan (10-18-2013), snowflake22 (10-18-2013), xmas365 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,852 Times in 2,714 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I hope you get off at 4:30 ... you deserve it. I envy you and your son going on a ghost hunt! In October I usually catch a few episodes of Ghost Hunters on cable, and the EVPs especially fascinate me.
I will post some pictures of our locations. It should be a lot of fun! Enjoy your weekend!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-18-2013), Holiday (10-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-18-2013), made582 (10-18-2013), snowflake22 (10-18-2013), xmas365 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Hope your Mom has a great time!!

I bet the stealth cam is fun to check out each day!

How is Lulu today, Brad? Praying for her.
She's almost back to her old self, thanks for asking!!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,275 Times in 5,591 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I will post some pictures of our locations. It should be a lot of fun! Enjoy your weekend!
Maybe your pictures will capture something supernatural!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-18-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-18-2013), made582 (10-18-2013), snowflake22 (10-18-2013), xmas365 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Oh - I talked to my Mom last night. She said Dad got a brace for his back. She said it will take some getting use too, but hopefully it will help. He also got some pain pills. If the brace doesn't do the trick, there is a procedure they can do (and I can't remember the name of it, but I've heard of it before) where they put something like cement between the disks. So I'll keep hoping & praying the brace helps & he can avoid having any kind of procedure. It's generally a quick, easy procedure, but nothing is easy for Dad being on coumadin, etc! And being 85 years old doesn't help speed healing either! The best news is he can still mow lawn in the brace! THANK YOU LORD!

I'm glad he's doing a bit better! I'll keep y'all in my prayers, too.