Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 10-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,730 Times in 2,167 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Solice View Post
I have some news!
We just bought a house!!!

And we have to move in by December 1st!
So I can't start Christmas in November as usual this year....

The house we are moving into is outside the City, on the countryside with view to the mountains, woods and fjord
(but just ten minutes away from here)

We are so happy!

Congratulations Solice! I'm happy for your good news and it sounds like you will have a good chance to be in your new home and yet have a little bit of time to get your Christmas tree and decorations up....

Wish we could be there to lend a helping hand; well be thinking about you and your family~

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-21-2013), Christmasstar (10-21-2013), Holiday (10-21-2013), made582 (10-21-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), sugar142286 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,926 Times in 497 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Last night, we attended a dinner in honor of the Elks State President. Dinner was so good. The President got up to give some after-dinner comments and began a speech talking about a person in our District. I was listening and he said this person was initiated into the Elks in 2003 and immediately was elected Leading Knight and served as Exalted Ruler in 2004. George and I were trying to think who that was. He leaned over and said that almost sounds like you, but not quite. Then the State President went on to say, “She served as Piggy Bank Chairman and then later as Publicity Chairman before becoming Piggy Bank Chairman again. She spearheaded a cookbook project to raise money for the Piggy Bank Project that netted over two thousand dollars to help kids with special needs. Her 22-year -old daughter Tiffany suffered a stroke as she was giving birth, and this Elk’s granddaughter was born with cerebral palsy. This Elk has carried on Elkdom, even in the face of her battle with cancer.” He said so many other nice things, but I was crying so much, that I don’t remember all the nice words. I was completely taken by surprise, and was called up to the stage to receive a special pin that is only given to 19 people in California and Hawaii. I also received a framed commendation. It was almost overwhelming! I am still speechless, believe it or not!!!
Congratulations! I'm sorry but I didn't know about your daughter and granddaughter. You are a special lady. You and your family will continue to be in our prayers.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-21-2013), Christmasstar (10-21-2013), Holiday (10-21-2013), made582 (10-21-2013), Seawaters (11-24-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), sugar142286 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,607 Times in 3,644 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
It's the Overholser Mansion built in 1903. Next weekend they are telling ghost stories there and we may have to go!
Sounds spoooky! Cool house!

Last night, we attended a dinner in honor of the Elks State President. Dinner was so good. The President got up to give some after-dinner comments and began a speech talking about a person in our District. I was listening and he said this person was initiated into the Elks in 2003 and immediately was elected Leading Knight and served as Exalted Ruler in 2004. George and I were trying to think who that was. He leaned over and said that almost sounds like you, but not quite. Then the State President went on to say, “She served as Piggy Bank Chairman and then later as Publicity Chairman before becoming Piggy Bank Chairman again. She spearheaded a cookbook project to raise money for the Piggy Bank Project that netted over two thousand dollars to help kids with special needs. Her 22-year -old daughter Tiffany suffered a stroke as she was giving birth, and this Elk’s granddaughter was born with cerebral palsy. This Elk has carried on Elkdom, even in the face of her battle with cancer.” He said so many other nice things, but I was crying so much, that I don’t remember all the nice words. I was completely taken by surprise, and was called up to the stage to receive a special pin that is only given to 19 people in California and Hawaii. I also received a framed commendation. It was almost overwhelming! I am still speechless, believe it or not!!!
Oh may gosh Seawaters! CONGRATULATIONS! I bet you were quite surprised. And quite deserving!!!

Originally Posted by Solice View Post
I have some news!
We just bought a house!!!

And we have to move in by December 1st!
So I can't start Christmas in November as usual this year....

The house we are moving into is outside the City, on the countryside with view to the mountains, woods and fjord
(but just ten minutes away from here)

We are so happy!
Congratulations!!! Exciting!! A new house to decorate for Christmas!

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Good morning, everyone! How are you this morning? I am well. Just relaxing, wrapped up in a warm blanket, with a cup of coffee and watching a Christmas movie. I have a bunch DVR'd from last Christmas in July and I think I'll do a Christmas movie marathon today.

I was off work last night and fell asleep on the couch around 7. I feel so bad - the kids wanted to have a "movie" party as they call it and have popcorn, but I fell asleep. I did watch Monster Inc. with them, but that's all I made. DH will be out of town all this coming weekend, so we can do it again!

DH is working today, so the kids are at Pre-K & daycare, so I will be home alone, so it will be a nice, relaxing day for me, which I can't lie, I am looking forward to! I don't have much to, except figure out what to do for dinner. I work on that later.

I hope you all have a great day! I am off to read the posts. Talk to you guys later on. God Bless and keep smiling!
Sounds like a perfect day! Enjoy every minute!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

Happy Monday =]

Today is my day off, but work wants me to come in for an hour or two...hmmm..sounds mysterious anyways, we kept getting interrupted when they were telling me why to come in.

We were so busy this weekend! We did more on Saturday than in Black Friday last year! It was crazy!

Tomorrow, Adi & I are going to the pumpkin patch, corn maze, and out for dinner. Should be fun!! ��

Thinking of you all~

Hope you have a blessed & beautiful day!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you don't have to stay at work too long!! Have a good day! Beautiful picture!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-21-2013), made582 (10-21-2013), Seawaters (11-24-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), sugar142286 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,605 Times in 17,352 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Sounds spoooky! Cool house!

Oh may gosh Seawaters! CONGRATULATIONS! I bet you were quite surprised. And quite deserving!!!

Congratulations!!! Exciting!! A new house to decorate for Christmas!

Sounds like a perfect day! Enjoy every minute!

I hope you don't have to stay at work too long!! Have a good day! Beautiful picture!
Thanks, girl!! Hope you have a great day, too!

Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 84,494 Times in 14,696 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Enjoying every moment of these movies!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-21-2013), Christmasstar (10-21-2013), Festive Spirit (10-21-2013), Holiday (10-21-2013), made582 (10-21-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Little Snowflake
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,080 Times in 244 Posts
Cetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I hope you all have a great evening!

See you tomorrow!
Whenever there is happiness, hope you’ll be there too. Wherever there are friendly smiles, hope they’ll smile on you. Whenever there is sunshine, hope it shine especially for you. To make each day for you, as bright as it can be. from Ireland

Best Regards, Mona
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cetacea For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-21-2013), Christmasstar (10-21-2013), Festive Spirit (10-21-2013), Holiday (10-21-2013), made582 (10-21-2013), mgramsey (10-21-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), sugar142286 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,926 Times in 497 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
Happy Monday y'all. Back at work after a 4 day weekend. Like some of you have posted, we have great weather coming up. Starting Wednesday we are looking at highs in mid 50s and low in upper 20's/low 30's. Wish it would snow but I'll take what I can get.

We had a little excitement over the weekend. On the side of the state road below our house, some hunters had a bear treed. They were ready to shoot when some tourist driving by saw it and stopped. The hunters couldn't shoot with all the people around and the tourist were arguing with the hunters and refusing to leave. It got a little heated but the hunters finally gave up. The bear was gone the next morning.

Bitter/sweet weekend coming up. Friday we are taking our son for another college visit. These are tough on me. I keep a lump in my throat the whole time. Saturday the men and sons from our church are camping at Cades Cove in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. It will be chilly and I am looking forward to sitting by the campfire and enjoying a nice cigar, (I only get to smoke a couple a year). Sunday the ladies drive over and we will have worship service in the park. It will help cheer me up after the college visit.

Have a blessed day everyone.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-21-2013), Cetacea (10-22-2013), Christmasstar (10-21-2013), Festive Spirit (10-21-2013), Holiday (10-21-2013), made582 (10-21-2013), Seawaters (11-24-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), sugar142286 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,637 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Welcome back Festive Spirit, I have been thinking about you. You have been missed! I'm so happy to hear your son is doing well after his accident. And Happy birthday to your 2 year old!
I hope you have a wonderful day
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
so glad you had a chance to come back here, even happier to hear you son has recovered and doing well.
I know what you mean about new colors lifting your spirits, love the bright red on my door!
Hope you have a great week!!
and happy birthday to your son
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Glad your son has recovered well, friend!!

Happy 2nd birthday to your little one!

We have missed you, as well!! ❤️

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Glad your son is doing better!!!

I agree, Change can be good!! Glad it lifted your spirits when you got it all done!!
Thank you for your well wishes and the warm welcome back
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (10-22-2013), Christmasstar (10-21-2013), Holiday (10-21-2013), made582 (10-21-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), sugar142286 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,730 Times in 2,167 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen

Congratulations Seawaters; a most deserving award to such a wonderful person~

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!

Last edited by xmastidings; 10-21-2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-21-2013), Holiday (10-21-2013), made582 (10-21-2013), Seawaters (11-24-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), sugar142286 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:35 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,233 Times in 28,867 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Chilling on my bed listening to christmas music. I think I need to replace this mirror with a tv though. Who wants to crawl up in the attic and run a cable line for me?

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-21-2013), Cetacea (10-22-2013), Christmasstar (10-21-2013), Holiday (10-21-2013), mgramsey (10-21-2013), Seawaters (11-24-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), sugar142286 (10-21-2013), xmas365 (10-21-2013)