Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,228
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 10-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,076 Times in 13,426 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Seawaters, got this message today...

Greetings from SCC Parcel Pickup!

You received a Package today from California.

Yeah!!! Will be down to pick it up on November 2nd!! Can hardly wait.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,891 Times in 458 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by mommyby3 View Post
I wish I had some snow. That is the one thing I miss the most being here in NC. I'm sure we will get some at some point this year.
Better later than ever, isn't it? ;]

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Merry Snowy Morning!!!!!

I enjoyed your pictures! The snow looked beautiful. I hope for you that it won't melt soon. ^^ I saw some pictures online about one Lithuanian city which got covered in snow few days ago. Unbelievable!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!!! It's a chilly morning here where we currently stand at 34 degree's headed to a high of 49. Not much going on here again today. Just sitting here with my foot up trying to be a good boy. I'll probably listen to some christmas music and maybe even watch a christmas movie or two. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!
Yes! A perfect way to spend your day! ;]

Originally Posted by frostyman View Post
sitting here planning this Saturday's Halloween party listening to Christmas music. It's a very holiday like day with clouds, wind, and dropping temperatures. Makes me think of days when I would be out Christmas shopping. Have a great day everybody!
You've just made me smile. ^^

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
This picture made me want pumpkin pancakes my mum usually makes. Maybe it wasn't a proper association but that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this lovely picture. ^^

Good evening everyone! Surprisingly it hasn't rained here today. I guess that very cloudy morning sky misled me and I put my wellies on. (They are not the most comfortable shoes to wear, aren't they?) Anyway, this day was the worst I have had in many years. I simply felt like out of control. I couldn't stay focused during my lectures, I tried to stay away from everyone because I felt angry for some reason, and I went to bed after I came home. I fell asleep and I have just woken up. I still have that strange sense of worry which is really bothering me for a week now, and maybe today was its highest point? Anyway, I don't want to bother anyone here with my negative thoughts and emotions, and my friend has just back home so I will make us some tea and we will have a chat. She is the only person here I can rely on, and she always calms my mind down. And I will try to make my day much better tomorrow. :]

Sending lots of hugs and best wishes to your all way.

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.' (Dr. Seuss)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-24-2013), Bullypup (10-23-2013), Christmasstar (10-23-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-23-2013), made582 (10-23-2013), Ryan (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013), whitney37354 (10-28-2013), xmas365 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 02:21 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 108,094 Times in 19,646 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Have a good day at work buddy!!!!! I'm really jealous of the snow too!!!
Thanks, buddy!!

No accumulation, but it was pretty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2013, 02:23 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Our snow is ALL melted! At lunch I made a double batch of fresh salsa....I must have some pepper juice on my fingers cuz now both of my eyes are burning - must have rubbed my eyes. EEK! (It will be fine...)
Thanks girl!

Bummer yours melted already, but I bet it will be back soon!! ❄️⛄️❄️

Hope your eyes are ok!

Old 10-23-2013, 02:24 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Christmas Countdown - 2013

Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
Better later than ever, isn't it? ;]

I enjoyed your pictures! The snow looked beautiful. I hope for you that it won't melt soon. ^^ I saw some pictures online about one Lithuanian city which got covered in snow few days ago. Unbelievable!

Yes! A perfect way to spend your day! ;]

You've just made me smile. ^^

This picture made me want pumpkin pancakes my mum usually makes. Maybe it wasn't a proper association but that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this lovely picture. ^^

Good evening everyone! Surprisingly it hasn't rained here today. I guess that very cloudy morning sky misled me and I put my wellies on. (They are not the most comfortable shoes to wear, aren't they?) Anyway, this day was the worst I have had in many years. I simply felt like out of control. I couldn't stay focused during my lectures, I tried to stay away from everyone because I felt angry for some reason, and I went to bed after I came home. I fell asleep and I have just woken up. I still have that strange sense of worry which is really bothering me for a week now, and maybe today was its highest point? Anyway, I don't want to bother anyone here with my negative thoughts and emotions, and my friend has just back home so I will make us some tea and we will have a chat. She is the only person here I can rely on, and she always calms my mind down. And I will try to make my day much better tomorrow. :]

Mmmm!! Pumpkin pancakes!!

Sending hugs & cheer back to you, Victoria!!

=]

Old 10-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,030 Times in 446 Posts
Bullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
On my way into work! It's snowing!!!!!! ❄️❄️❄️

Travel safely, have a great shift!

Oh my, she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, it's fruitcake weather!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bullypup For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-23-2013), made582 (10-23-2013), Ryan (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013), xmas365 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 02:34 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,111 Times in 31,319 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Minta View Post
What time is dinner????

Any time!!! It's ready right now!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-23-2013), Ryan (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013), xmas365 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 02:38 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,111 Times in 31,319 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post

Praying that you have a better day tomorrow.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Holiday (10-24-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013), VictoriaLT (10-24-2013), xmas365 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 13,125 Times in 2,242 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I forgot to wrote this in my earlier post, my oldest is starting to question the existence of Santa Claus.
When my wife was getting ready to leave for work this morning, he kept asking her if she is really Santa Claus. Her response was classic, "Do I look like a jolly fat guy?" But he kept asking if she was the one that brought the presents.
I knew this wasn't going to last forever, but it is really sad that my oldest is starting to not believe in Santa anymore. I truly believed until I was 13-14 years old. I don't want to tell him yet, I was hoping to get through one last Christmas with him truly believing. Hopefully he won't question it again for a little while, but reality is coming and we must let him know probably sooner rather than later.
This has really upset me, I am not ready for him to not believe anymore. I just really don't want him to ruin it for his little brother. I still believe in Santa Claus, and I need to let him know that Santa was a real person and we have to keep his legacy going.

I am going to have to pick up the book "The Santa Club" that was reviewed here a few years ago, and let him read it to try to not ruin it for his brother. http://christmasfinest.com/2011/09/1...he-santa-club/

Reading your post, made me reflect to when my daughter started going to Middle School (on the school bus) and the kids there teased her about her believing in Santa Claus. I always had told her that there was a Santa Claus and then came that dreadful day, one day, when I walked past her door, she was in her bedroom, lying in her bed, crying.

I went in rubbed her head and of course, she told me what had happened and the teasing that occurred that day on the bus.... I was devastated that a part of her youth was now torn away because of a bunch of non-believer's on a school bus.... So, with her lying there and me sitting on her bed, I told he the truth about everything, including that he was a real person in life (and a Saint) and that I believe in the spirit, goodwill and generosity of Santa Claus. I even read to her the reply to Virginia O'hanlon's letter by Francis Pharcellus Church~

It helped alot, and our talk and the time we shared together, made her think alot about what we hold true, private and dear to out hearts. To this very day, and as recently as this year, she told me this, "I Believe"!
I love my little girl; who will be 19 soon....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-24-2013), Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Festive Spirit (10-24-2013), Holiday (10-24-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-23-2013), made582 (10-23-2013), Ryan (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013), whitney37354 (10-28-2013), xmas365 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,817 Times in 3,033 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Reading your post, made me reflect to when my daughter started going to Middle School (on the school bus) and the kids there teased her about her believing in Santa Claus. I always had told her that there was a Santa Claus and then came that dreadful day, one day, when I walked past her door, she was in her bedroom, lying in her bed, crying.

I went in rubbed her head and of course, she told me what had happened and the teasing that occurred that day on the bus.... I was devastated that a part of her youth was now torn away because of a bunch of non-believer's on a school bus.... So, with her lying there and me sitting on her bed, I told he the truth about everything, including that he was a real person in life (and a Saint) and that I believe in the spirit, goodwill and generosity of Santa Claus. I even read to her the reply to Virginia O'hanlon's letter by Francis Pharcellus Church~

It helped alot, and our talk and the time we shared together, made her think alot about what we hold true, private and dear to out hearts. To this very day, and as recently as this year, she told me this, "I Believe"!
I love my little girl; who will be 19 soon....
I'm glad you had that time with your daughter! And in glad she believes.

Why do some people have to be so cruel and make fun of others? It drives me crazy!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-24-2013), Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Festive Spirit (10-24-2013), Holiday (10-24-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-23-2013), made582 (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013), xmas365 (10-23-2013), xmastidings (10-23-2013)