Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,554)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Snow Maiden
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:51 PM
62,672 Views  0 Posts
The Summer Creation of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:05 PM
44,265 Views  0 Posts
14 16x16 Differences in the U.S....
By MMC Editor
11-17-2011 05:56 PM
41,658 Views  0 Posts
The Bishop's Wife (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:05 PM
0 Posts
stocking Top Videos of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
01-23-2013 08:20 AM
34,800 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,018 Times in 444 Posts
Bullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnog
Goodnight wonderful people of MMC!

Oh my, she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, it's fruitcake weather!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bullypup For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (10-24-2013), Bradmac (10-25-2013), Christmasstar (10-25-2013), Festive Spirit (10-25-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-25-2013), made582 (10-25-2013), snowflake22 (10-25-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-24-2013, 09:50 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,978 Times in 13,907 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
Hello all!!! Just popping in to say hi. I never intend to stay away as long as I do, I hope everyone is well. Have a great day and upcoming weekend!
Great to see you!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,368 Times in 4,395 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good night....see yall tomorrow night!

Have glove will travel
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-25-2013), Bullypup (10-24-2013), Christmasstar (10-25-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-25-2013), made582 (10-25-2013), snowflake22 (10-25-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-24-2013, 09:54 PM

Last Achievements

xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
So, here I am at work, immigration officials swarming all over the place trying to apprehend a groom whose visa is decidedly suspect!! Trying to eat my birthday cake at the same time but leaving little chocolate crumbs all over my desk - very professional!!!

The city has started putting up its Christmas decorations. I've taken a picture but instead of it saying "Merry Christmas from Dundee City" it looks all pixillated and warped. You may still get it anyway and you can decide!!

I'd planned on treating myself to a pumpkin spice latte but as my feet haven't crossed the threshold since I got in the morning, that will have to wait till another time!

Not planning on anything special tonight but I think we're going out for dinner at the weekend (any excuse, eh?!) Bruce made my birthday cake - he's on vacation here for a week before going back to his Grade 2/3 class next week. Came home last night and he presented me with a devil's food cake!!!! He and Betty Crocker did well!!!!!!!!!!!! So, breakfast was chocolate cake as I didn't want to start it until today!!!

Is it just me or is it every way you turn at the moment, Christmas is creeping ever closer??!!! About time too!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:56 PM

Last Achievements

Good evening,

Had a hard time getting here tonight, too much stuff going on (Red Sox, Bruins, pizza, kids, etc...) I am very tired, and have to head back to work not so bright but early.

I will catch up tomorrow.

Good night all.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:24 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,466 Times in 1,960 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Good morning everyone! Of course I realize that right now, all of you are home, in bed, sound asleep, dreaming of White Christmas....EXCEPT ME!!!!

I couldn't get back to sleep after sleeping for 3 hours, so what did I do, I had the bright notion to get up and go to work...I believe I scored a 10 in the duhhhhh catagory; lol!

Anyways, oh man is it cold out there this morning...It looks like we are having a real nice frost around this area, there was frost on the windshield when I got out into the truck. And on the weather channel, there was a freeze warning issued for this area...Old man winter is knocking on our door~

Last night, I had to turn the heat on the house for the first time this Fall, it got a little chilly in the house (63 degrees), so I had to flip the thermostat switch over to heat to bump it back up to 68 degrees...

Well, I guess I should get some things accomplished here so that it looks good!

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-25-2013), Christmasstar (10-25-2013), Festive Spirit (10-25-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-25-2013), made582 (10-25-2013), snowflake22 (10-25-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 02:27 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,198 Times in 324 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I always say that I am going to start coming on here all of the time and then my busy life comes and creeps up on me! So I am just going to say that I am going to TRY to come on more often. I don't like just popping in for November and December!

I went to a career fair a couple of weeks ago and the response has been really great. I had an interview yesterday and I think I nailed it. The only problem is the position turned out to be commission only with no benefits, so I'll pass if they offer it to me. I had two other companies contact me so I am looking forward to the future!

The mole on my arm did turn out to be potentially pre-cancerous. The dermatologist said that the biopsy showed that cells were abnormal and that I had to come back to have more cut out. I swear I have 20 stitches at least. I am going to have a nasty scar!! I do have an appointment coming up with the cardiologist. My heart rate is always very high - usually in the upper 80s or low 90s. I have had plenty of ECGs done but I just want his opinion to see if I need any medication. It's more of a rather safe than sorry situation. I want to get that taken care of before the holidays so I can relax for the next couple of months! My grandpa also has afib back again so he is going to have to have another electrical cardioversion in early Dec. Aside from him everyone has been doing well!

We had frost, snow, sleet, rain, freezing rain...a nice mix today lol!! I am looking forward to some snow for Christmas - a girl can hope!!

Hope you all are doing GREAT!
The future sounds really promising for you. I'm happy for that! And I also hope that your grandfather will feel better soon.

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Maggie just started her medicine. The veterinarian put her on an antibiotic in case there's an infection and another pill that will help to open her airways. If she doesn't improve I will bring her in for an xray. The poor thing. She's exhausted, the vet stresses her out. She's been snuggled up on her blanky. Hopefully tonight will be a better night. Thank you so much for asking! xo

Your dog is adorable! She reminds me of my little boy. ^^ I hope this little girl will be okey very soon.

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Good evening!!! I missed you all today! It was a weird day at work today...chaos for no reason! Lol! After work I scooped out the pumpkin I had cooked in the crock pot today, then went to the grocery, came home & made chili soup & pumpkin cookies and got icing on those....now I have the other half of the pumpkin in the oven - going to try to stay awake to let that cool enough to scoop it out too! I'm hoping to do a little hooking on my afghan before bed but I wanted to stop in & wish you all a good night. Hope you had a great Friday Eve!!!
Pumpkin cookies? Hold on, I am on my way! ^^

Good morning! Have a nice Friday everyone! It looks like it's going to be very rainy here today so where are my wellies?... I also think that I'm starting to have soar throat. I haven't had it for many years, I guess, so I'm now having a mug of tea with honey and some lemon. Kill those viruses! ^^ Best wishes to all!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:54 AM
Little Snowflake
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,024 Times in 237 Posts
Cetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Good Morning MMC Gang!

How are you? I hope everyone is healthy!

We had our annual trade fair yesterday and the legendary party afterwards. I had soooo much fun! It is always great to meet people you only know through the phone. Specially if they are very nice.

Unfortunately it got quite late and on top of it I also slept bad. Therefore I'm very tired now.

At least I didn't get ****-faced drunk and woke up in a hotelroom without know how I got there or which hotel I'm in. As one of my co-workers managed to do. I really don't know what to say about that. It's not like the guy is twenty or something. He should be old enough to know not to behave like that.
Whenever there is happiness, hope you’ll be there too. Wherever there are friendly smiles, hope they’ll smile on you. Whenever there is sunshine, hope it shine especially for you. To make each day for you, as bright as it can be. from Ireland

Best Regards, Mona
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cetacea For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-25-2013), Christmasstar (10-25-2013), Festive Spirit (10-25-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-25-2013), made582 (10-25-2013), snowflake22 (10-25-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 03:02 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,975 Times in 1,269 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good afternoon, MMC!

There was a good frost last night - my gardens are officially done now and the majority of the leaves on the walnut trees dropped this morning. Snowing walnut leaves is an apt description! We have had rain, sleet, freezing rain, and more rain so far today. Now the sun is out again, but it isn't doing much to take the chill out of the air.

I am working on projects this evening - fun stuff, but a lot of busy work involved. I'm already yawning so that doesn't bode well for later on when I really get into things. I think I will listen to the Beach Boys Christmas CD - that ought to get me moving!

Be MERRY!!
Howa your evening, did you manage to get through your work. I love the beach boys, they are a good choice to spark some energy

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I always say that I am going to start coming on here all of the time and then my busy life comes and creeps up on me! So I am just going to say that I am going to TRY to come on more often. I don't like just popping in for November and December!

I went to a career fair a couple of weeks ago and the response has been really great. I had an interview yesterday and I think I nailed it. The only problem is the position turned out to be commission only with no benefits, so I'll pass if they offer it to me. I had two other companies contact me so I am looking forward to the future!

The mole on my arm did turn out to be potentially pre-cancerous. The dermatologist said that the biopsy showed that cells were abnormal and that I had to come back to have more cut out. I swear I have 20 stitches at least. I am going to have a nasty scar!! I do have an appointment coming up with the cardiologist. My heart rate is always very high - usually in the upper 80s or low 90s. I have had plenty of ECGs done but I just want his opinion to see if I need any medication. It's more of a rather safe than sorry situation. I want to get that taken care of before the holidays so I can relax for the next couple of months! My grandpa also has afib back again so he is going to have to have another electrical cardioversion in early Dec. Aside from him everyone has been doing well!

We had frost, snow, sleet, rain, freezing rain...a nice mix today lol!! I am looking forward to some snow for Christmas - a girl can hope!!

Hope you all are doing GREAT!
Don't worry life can get pretty hectic sometimes. I am sure the right job will come along soon, things sound very positive.

I am sorry to hear you will have to have more moles cut out but it sounds like your Doctor is taking good care of you. I hope that your cardiologist appointment turns out fine. Good luck and let us know. Keeping you and your granpa in prayer.

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Maggie just started her medicine. The veterinarian put her on an antibiotic in case there's an infection and another pill that will help to open her airways. If she doesn't improve I will bring her in for an xray. The poor thing. She's exhausted, the vet stresses her out. She's been snuggled up on her blanky. Hopefully tonight will be a better night. Thank you so much for asking! xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poor Maggie! You must be so worried and frustrated. I hope that she improves with the medication. Was your night any better? Hope you got some rest. How did you do at the gym yesterday ? How is the new job ?

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I don't know if I told this to everyone, but I had my house up for sale from the end of June to the end of September and it didn't sell. I wasn't too happy/ satisfied with my previous realtor which also added to the reason (among others) why I pulled it off the market.

So, a couple of nights ago, out of the blue, I got a phone call another realtor from a different agency, and I got this feeling from her and so today I just signed the contract to put it back on the market, get this--- on Halloween!!!

I saw her number before come across the caller ID, but I just didn't answer the phone. So I asked her why was she so persistent. She said that she liked the area and that she had a feeling about our home. I told her congratulations, she's the lucky one to represent selling our home...

Wish us luck this go around, because I'm sort of rolling the dice here...
Good luck with the sale of your house. I hope this realtor find the right buyers for you and it can be a smooth hassle free process.

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Good morning everyone! Of course I realize that right now, all of you are home, in bed, sound asleep, dreaming of White Christmas....EXCEPT ME!!!!

I couldn't get back to sleep after sleeping for 3 hours, so what did I do, I had the bright notion to get up and go to work...I believe I scored a 10 in the duhhhhh catagory; lol!

Anyways, oh man is it cold out there this morning...It looks like we are having a real nice frost around this area, there was frost on the windshield when I got out into the truck. And on the weather channel, there was a freeze warning issued for this area...Old man winter is knocking on our door~

Last night, I had to turn the heat on the house for the first time this Fall, it got a little chilly in the house (63 degrees), so I had to flip the thermostat switch over to heat to bump it back up to 68 degrees...

Well, I guess I should get some things accomplished here so that it looks good!
Well that is awfully good of you to chose to go into work early. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a long day for you though. Fingers crossed you sleep better tonight!

Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post

Good morning! Have a nice Friday everyone! It looks like it's going to be very rainy here today so where are my wellies?... I also think that I'm starting to have soar throat. I haven't had it for many years, I guess, so I'm now having a mug of tea with honey and some lemon. Kill those viruses! ^^ Best wishes to all!
It is pouring rain here also. So far it is set to last into next week. I am hoping that it stops atleast on Halloween next thursday. Last year we had heavy rain and no one was able to go out, we were so disappointed. I really hope you are not coming down with a bug, get some vitamin C! Have a fun meeting with your ex landlord if you do.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-25-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-25-2013), made582 (10-25-2013), Meceka (10-25-2013), snowflake22 (10-25-2013), VictoriaLT (10-25-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013), xmastidings (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 03:05 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,975 Times in 1,269 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post
Good Morning MMC Gang!

How are you? I hope everyone is healthy!

We had our annual trade fair yesterday and the legendary party afterwards. I had soooo much fun! It is always great to meet people you only know through the phone. Specially if they are very nice.

Unfortunately it got quite late and on top of it I also slept bad. Therefore I'm very tired now.

At least I didn't get ****-faced drunk and woke up in a hotelroom without know how I got there or which hotel I'm in. As one of my co-workers managed to do. I really don't know what to say about that. It's not like the guy is twenty or something. He should be old enough to know not to behave like that.
Morning! Glad to hear you had a smashing time at the after party!! Oh dear what a situation for your co worker to find himself in and how embarrassing that everyone knows about it to! Hope the day goes quickly for you and you can rest better tonight!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (10-25-2013), Cetacea (10-25-2013), Christmasstar (10-25-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-25-2013), made582 (10-25-2013), snowflake22 (10-25-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013)