Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,427
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity Part V:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:48 PM
86,859 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:22 PM
60,825 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Saying No to Black Friday
By MMC Editor
10-19-2011 07:05 AM
Last post by sprinkleshouse
07-28-2013 02:25 PM
52,884 Views  5 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,075 Views  7 Posts
I Always Felt So Special
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:20 PM
45,380 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,631 Times in 26,453 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MsChristmas View Post
Hey everyone. Just a quick hello, Im trying to make more of an effort to get back on here. I sure do miss all of my Christmas friends. Still have a lot going on in my life.. should be calming down soon though. Happy Halloween and I cant believe we are almost into November. Favorite time of the year

Hey there, MsChristmas!!!!!!! It's great to see you!!!!!! Me miss you too!!!!

Hope you and the boys have a great Halloween!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the Binger to replace Letterman as the Late Show Host movement!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-30-2013), Holiday (10-30-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 11:47 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 143,631 Times in 26,453 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Stopping by the store on the way to the Pines.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the Binger to replace Letterman as the Late Show Host movement!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-30-2013), Christmasstar (10-30-2013), Holiday (10-30-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,563 Times in 4,407 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by BoxerMom View Post
Hi All- Hope everyone is having a great hump day.

We had a very sad day yesterday and we had it put down on 12 y/o boxer, Max. He woke up yesterday and could not even stand so we took him to the vets' office first thing and they did some bloodwork and he had cancer. I think one of the hardest parts was how sad my kids were...that truly breaks my heart

I work from home so it is very strange not having him here with me today. We also have a Boston Terrier, Leo who is also missing his sidekick.

I know we will get through this...just takes some time. We just have to remember all the great memories we had with him!

I am listening to some Christmas music to brighten my day..

Hope you all have a great afternoon!
I'm so sorry for your loss. Heartbreaking.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,563 Times in 4,407 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hey everyone. Just a quick hello, Im trying to make more of an effort to get back on here. I sure do miss all of my Christmas friends. Still have a lot going on in my life.. should be calming down soon though. Happy Halloween and I cant believe we are almost into November. Favorite time of the year
Welcome back! I was flipping through the member list earlier today and came across your name and several others who have been missed. Good to see you!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,054 Times in 3,080 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

We had a very sad day yesterday and we had it put down on 12 y/o boxer, Max. He woke up yesterday and could not even stand so we took him to the vets' office first thing and they did some bloodwork and he had cancer. I think one of the hardest parts was how sad my kids were...that truly breaks my heart

I work from home so it is very strange not having him here with me today. We also have a Boston Terrier, Leo who is also missing his sidekick.

I know we will get through this...just takes some time. We just have to remember all the great memories we had with him!

Awe BoxerMom! I am so sorry to hear that! Losing a pet is hard - for humans & for their 4 legged pals too! Keeping you all in my prayers!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-30-2013), Festive Spirit (10-31-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), made582 (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

Nice to see you!!! Hope all is well with you! Don't be a stranger!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-30-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), made582 (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,198 Times in 324 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Good night, MMC! I hope that everyone sleeps well and has sweet dreams. You're all in my prayers, as usual! I have to get up relatively early to get ready for my appointment with the cardiologist. It's just a precautionary appointment. My heart rate is always in the 80s or 90s which I understand is pretty high. I'd rather get it checked and see if I need to do anything about it or if all is good. After this appointment, all I have to worry about is getting my stitches out.

I may pop in tomorrow morning before my appointment. If not, talk to you all after! Have a wonderful Wednesday and drive safe to work!
I hope that your appointment went well and your doctor hasn't detected any serious health issues.

I am so sorry for the loss of your boxer. I have a dog by myself and it would break my heart as well if he passed away. :/ Anyway, time heals usually and I'm sure that your family will move on after sometime.

Good evening Christmas friends! I can't believe we have already approached the middle of the week. Oh boy, where does the time go? I hope your day was good. :] We went to another field trip today and I must say that, in comparison to the weather last Wednesday, we weren't lucky with it today. Well, it wasn't that bad in the first half of our trip - until 12 noon or so - but it turned out to be completely miserable later on! It started pouring so badly and it got quite windy too. Despite the fact that I was wearing my waterproofs, I ended up with freezing feet in my wellies and wet back. The first thing I did after I came back home was I turned my fan heater on in my room to make it warm and then I had a hot shower. I was afraid of getting ill after having cold feet for a long time. Anyway, I'm glad to be warm now, and I wish all the same - stay warm and don't have cold feet because it's one of the worst feelings ever. ^^

I hope that you all are having a relaxing evening!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Many of our neighboring towns are postponing Trick or Treat night from tomorrow night to Friday or Saturday now too - because of the predicted rain. What a bummer!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-30-2013), Festive Spirit (10-31-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), made582 (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post

Good evening Christmas friends! I can't believe we have already approached the middle of the week. Oh boy, where does the time go? I hope your day was good. :] We went to another field trip today and I must say that, in comparison to the weather last Wednesday, we weren't lucky with it today. Well, it wasn't that bad in the first half of our trip - until 12 noon or so - but it turned out to be completely miserable later on! It started pouring so badly and it got quite windy too. Despite the fact that I was wearing my waterproofs, I ended up with freezing feet in my wellies and wet back. The first thing I did after I came back home was I turned my fan heater on in my room to make it warm and then I had a hot shower. I was afraid of getting ill after having cold feet for a long time. Anyway, I'm glad to be warm now, and I wish all the same - stay warm and don't have cold feet because it's one of the worst feelings ever. ^^

I'm glad you are warm now!! Cold/wet feet is miserable!!!! You have a relaxing evening too!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-30-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), VictoriaLT (10-31-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,095 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by mommyby3 View Post
Well off from my "real" job today, but I clean once a week for an older gentleman in our church so I will do that this afternoon. Then the two oldest have basketball after school today. I've got chili on the stove for supper.

I've been moving furniture and such getting ready for the weekend so I can start decorating

Well off to get some more done before I have to do clean!!!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!
That's so nice that you clean for an older gentleman. I am sure he appreciates the help! I love chili - what time should I be over for dinner? Haha! Woo hoo to decorating! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Good morning. Carl really has something big planned tonight! Can't wait! Hope y'all have a good day!
I hope Carl has goodie bags for us all!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
have to leave for work in about 1/2 hour, really do not feel like going, but once there I am fine. It has been busy so that makes the day go by fast.
It is the day before halloween so the candy will be disappearing. Not sure how tomorrow will go as rain and high winds are predicted so not expecting a lot of kids to come by. Will by only candy I like so if I am going to be stuck with a bowl full it might as well be stuff I like!
I know the feeling! I used to feel that way about going to school. The candy will be gone before you know it! LOL!! I do the same thing! I only buy the kinds I'll eat in case we have leftover.

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I like them all - seriously, I don't think I can pick! Seems the Yankee's (single wick) lasts much longer than the B & B double wickers!! I agree with Snowflake - Falling Leaves is extra awesome!!!

I hope your appt. goes very well! I just read on a card the other day a heartrate of anywhere from 60-100 is normal. (with men having a lower heart rate) I hope everything checks out ok. My heart rate use to be much higher until I started walking every day - close to 100 at times!
I always buy those triple wick candles from Bath & Body. They last pretty long! Thanks for wishing me luck! I did read that 60-100 is okay but they prefer 60-80. Any more than that and your heart works too hard. I am glad your rate is down!! I do walk every single day so I am not sure why mine is so high.

Good afternoon (already!) It's a dreary ol day in Ohio. Supposed to hit 66º but haven't seen sun since yesterday morning! Rain coming in later on. Good thing I have the PINES to look forward too!!

Went to basket bingo with my Mom/sisters/sil last night. We ended up sitting at a table with 5 other women from town here (they are a hoot!) We had a lot of fun, but it got kind of long. I'm not use to sitting on a metal chair for 20 games of Bingo. They could have ended after 15 - that was enough. Ha ha! By 10:00 my eyes were getting buggy starring at those bingo cards!! But it was fun & I would do it again.

No plans tonight - but plenty of things to do at home. Hoping to get some hookin done on my afghan too. Tomorrow night is stitch 'n b*tch AND GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN!!! Yay!!! It was funny - the one lady we sat at the table with last night made sure to remind everyone that Charlie Brown is on at 8:00 Thursday night! Ah - a lady looking as forward to it as me!!!

Hope you are all having a great day!!
Ohio, huh? We're neighbors! I'm over here in PA. Well, did you win anything in Bingo!? I love playing that lol. Yay for Charlie Brown! I am setting up the DVR in case I forget. Have a great day!

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about Max. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the kids are okay. Maybe you can do something in Max's honor to lift their spirits. Poor Leo. They say dogs can really sense everything. Hope things improve for you!

Hey there! It's nice to see you. I hope you can make it back more often. Happy Halloween to you!

Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
I hope that your appointment went well and your doctor hasn't detected any serious health issues.

Thank you for the well wishes! Aww I am sorry that the field trip turned miserable weather-wise for you. I hope you are all warm and cozy now! Put on some fuzzy socks - that always helps!

Many of our neighboring towns are postponing Trick or Treat night from tomorrow night to Friday or Saturday now too - because of the predicted rain. What a bummer!
Nooooo! It's so sad that Halloween is being delayed everywhere. What's the fun in Trick or Treating in November?!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-30-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), made582 (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), VictoriaLT (10-31-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)