Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,470
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,926)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Ryan's Prayer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:44 PM
54,594 Views  0 Posts
"The Boy with the Box"...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:17 AM
0 Posts
Christmas Tree Tips for Keeping Your...
By MMC Editor
08-30-2011 02:21 AM
65,742 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Christmas Videos...
By Jeff Westover
12-16-2013 08:10 AM
14,147 Views  0 Posts
“The Great Adventure of...
By MerryCarey
05-17-2012 11:16 AM
31,037 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
I just got home from my appointment with the cardiologist. It didn't exactly turn out like I had hoped. I have to have an echocardiogram, a stress test on a treadmill, wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, and then blood work. I already went after my appointment to get the blood work, so I'm glad that's over. He said that he wanted to check my thyroid with that. I am waiting for my insurance to approve the rest of the tests and then I will schedule them. I want to get them all done with before Thanksgiving if possible. He said from what he can tell that he does not think it is anything serious. He also said that if they put me on a beta blocker that I will be extremely lethargic and tired all of the time. I hope I don't have to take those if that is how I am going to feel!

I thought I was all in the clear in terms of appointments after this one....not so much anymore, lol!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-31-2013), Christmasstar (10-30-2013), Festive Spirit (10-31-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), made582 (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 02:26 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,272 Times in 26,721 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post

Good evening Christmas friends! I can't believe we have already approached the middle of the week. Oh boy, where does the time go? I hope your day was good. :] We went to another field trip today and I must say that, in comparison to the weather last Wednesday, we weren't lucky with it today. Well, it wasn't that bad in the first half of our trip - until 12 noon or so - but it turned out to be completely miserable later on! It started pouring so badly and it got quite windy too. Despite the fact that I was wearing my waterproofs, I ended up with freezing feet in my wellies and wet back. The first thing I did after I came back home was I turned my fan heater on in my room to make it warm and then I had a hot shower. I was afraid of getting ill after having cold feet for a long time. Anyway, I'm glad to be warm now, and I wish all the same - stay warm and don't have cold feet because it's one of the worst feelings ever. ^^

I hope that you all are having a relaxing evening!

Sorry that it rained on you!! Hope you can stay warm and dry the rest of the day.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-30-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), VictoriaLT (10-31-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 02:30 PM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Nooooo! It's so sad that Halloween is being delayed everywhere. What's the fun in Trick or Treating in November?!

Thinking back to when I was a kid, It wouldn't have mattered if it was March. If I was getting free candy, I would have loved it!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-30-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,412 Times in 5,615 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm so sad to hear of your loss.

Originally Posted by BoxerMom View Post
Hi All- Hope everyone is having a great hump day.

We had a very sad day yesterday and we had it put down on 12 y/o boxer, Max. He woke up yesterday and could not even stand so we took him to the vets' office first thing and they did some bloodwork and he had cancer. I think one of the hardest parts was how sad my kids were...that truly breaks my heart

I work from home so it is very strange not having him here with me today. We also have a Boston Terrier, Leo who is also missing his sidekick.

I know we will get through this...just takes some time. We just have to remember all the great memories we had with him!

I am listening to some Christmas music to brighten my day..

Hope you all have a great afternoon!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-30-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), made582 (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 02:33 PM

Last Achievements

I just got home from my appointment with the cardiologist. It didn't exactly turn out like I had hoped. I have to have an echocardiogram, a stress test on a treadmill, wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, and then blood work. I already went after my appointment to get the blood work, so I'm glad that's over. He said that he wanted to check my thyroid with that. I am waiting for my insurance to approve the rest of the tests and then I will schedule them. I want to get them all done with before Thanksgiving if possible. He said from what he can tell that he does not think it is anything serious. He also said that if they put me on a beta blocker that I will be extremely lethargic and tired all of the time. I hope I don't have to take those if that is how I am going to feel!

I thought I was all in the clear in terms of appointments after this one....not so much anymore, lol!

Praying that the tests all come back okay and that you don't end up on the beta blocker.

Christmasstar (10-30-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), snowflake22 (10-30-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 02:41 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,564 Times in 14,099 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
bell

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning, Buddy!!!!! Hope you have a great day at work!!!
Thanks, buddy. It was a pretty good one!

xx

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
have to leave for work in about 1/2 hour, really do not feel like going, but once there I am fine. It has been busy so that makes the day go by fast.
It is the day before halloween so the candy will be disappearing. Not sure how tomorrow will go as rain and high winds are predicted so not expecting a lot of kids to come by. Will by only candy I like so if I am going to be stuck with a bowl full it might as well be stuff I like!
That's what I do, too! And I break into it beforehand sometimes, lol. =)

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Good afternoon (already!) It's a dreary ol day in Ohio. Supposed to hit 66º but haven't seen sun since yesterday morning! Rain coming in later on. Good thing I have the PINES to look forward too!!

Went to basket bingo with my Mom/sisters/sil last night. We ended up sitting at a table with 5 other women from town here (they are a hoot!) We had a lot of fun, but it got kind of long. I'm not use to sitting on a metal chair for 20 games of Bingo. They could have ended after 15 - that was enough. Ha ha! By 10:00 my eyes were getting buggy starring at those bingo cards!! But it was fun & I would do it again.

No plans tonight - but plenty of things to do at home. Hoping to get some hookin done on my afghan too. Tomorrow night is stitch 'n b*tch AND GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN!!! Yay!!! It was funny - the one lady we sat at the table with last night made sure to remind everyone that Charlie Brown is on at 8:00 Thursday night! Ah - a lady looking as forward to it as me!!!

Hope you are all having a great day!!
Glad you guys had a fun time, Holiday!!

See you at The Pines!!

Hi All- Hope everyone is having a great hump day.

We had a very sad day yesterday and we had it put down on 12 y/o boxer, Max. He woke up yesterday and could not even stand so we took him to the vets' office first thing and they did some bloodwork and he had cancer. I think one of the hardest parts was how sad my kids were...that truly breaks my heart

I work from home so it is very strange not having him here with me today. We also have a Boston Terrier, Leo who is also missing his sidekick.

I know we will get through this...just takes some time. We just have to remember all the great memories we had with him!

I am listening to some Christmas music to brighten my day..

Hope you all have a great afternoon!
I am so sorry to hear about Max. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers. ((Hugs))

Originally Posted by MsChristmas View Post
Hey everyone. Just a quick hello, Im trying to make more of an effort to get back on here. I sure do miss all of my Christmas friends. Still have a lot going on in my life.. should be calming down soon though. Happy Halloween and I cant believe we are almost into November. Favorite time of the year
Hey MsChristmas~ We miss you here, too!
Happy Halloween!!

Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
I hope that your appointment went well and your doctor hasn't detected any serious health issues.

I am so sorry for the loss of your boxer. I have a dog by myself and it would break my heart as well if he passed away. :/ Anyway, time heals usually and I'm sure that your family will move on after sometime.

Good evening Christmas friends! I can't believe we have already approached the middle of the week. Oh boy, where does the time go? I hope your day was good. :] We went to another field trip today and I must say that, in comparison to the weather last Wednesday, we weren't lucky with it today. Well, it wasn't that bad in the first half of our trip - until 12 noon or so - but it turned out to be completely miserable later on! It started pouring so badly and it got quite windy too. Despite the fact that I was wearing my waterproofs, I ended up with freezing feet in my wellies and wet back. The first thing I did after I came back home was I turned my fan heater on in my room to make it warm and then I had a hot shower. I was afraid of getting ill after having cold feet for a long time. Anyway, I'm glad to be warm now, and I wish all the same - stay warm and don't have cold feet because it's one of the worst feelings ever. ^^

I hope that you all are having a relaxing evening!
Sorry you got caught out in the rain. Glad you are warm & cozy, now!
Have a relaxing evening!!

xo

That is too bad that you need more tests, but better to be safe.

Thinking of you!!

xo
Old 10-30-2013, 02:51 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,564 Times in 14,099 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
23 16x16

Good afternoon, friends~

It's rainy & cold here. So, a beautiful Fall day!!

About a week ago, on a day off, my managers asked me to come in. They complimented me on my work ethic, enthusiasm, and said a few customers had told them how I had gone out of my way to help them out. That was really nice to hear. Then they went on & said a supervisor/management position was opening up, and recommended me for it. I found out today that I got it!

I am happy, excited, a little nervous, but all in all it's a great opportunity. I am honored that they saw that in me in the month I've been there.

I started training already today, but will be getting more of the management side of things next week. I have to learn the other associates jobs first!

Please say a prayer for me. It's going to be a great, yet challenging couple of months!

Thanks, friends.

Hope you all are having a blessed day!

xx

Bradmac (10-31-2013), Christmasstar (10-30-2013), Festive Spirit (10-31-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-30-2013), made582 (10-30-2013), Meceka (10-30-2013), VictoriaLT (10-31-2013), whitney37354 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 03:09 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good afternoon, friends~

It's rainy & cold here. So, a beautiful Fall day!!

About a week ago, on a day off, my managers asked me to come in. They complimented me on my work ethic, enthusiasm, and said a few customers had told them how I had gone out of my way to help them out. That was really nice to hear. Then they went on & said a supervisor/management position was opening up, and recommended me for it. I found out today that I got it!

I am happy, excited, a little nervous, but all in all it's a great opportunity. I am honored that they saw that in me in the month I've been there.

I started training already today, but will be getting more of the management side of things next week. I have to learn the other associates jobs first!

Please say a prayer for me. It's going to be a great, yet challenging couple of months!

Thanks, friends.

Hope you all are having a blessed day!

xx

Congratulations!!!!!! It's no shock to me that you are moving up as fast as you are. I know your work ethic and how great of a person you are. I told you all along that you would impress them in no time and that they would love you. I'm sure you will have no problem learning all of the new tasks. You are going to do great!!!!

I'll be keeping you in my prayers. xx

Old 10-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 41,486 Times in 6,507 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you during this difficult time and sending lots of prayers your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 41,486 Times in 6,507 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Bella is beautiful!!

xx

Thank you xo