Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Rudolph Controversy
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:21 PM
47,922 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa live for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:59 PM
51,739 Views  0 Posts
Enlisting Your Kids in...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:27 PM
47,912 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Ways Santa Knows...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:55 PM
46,162 Views  0 Posts
Tracks of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:33 PM
0 Posts

Old 10-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,957 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Happy Halloween everyone! We just got back to Utah yesterday morning from Oregon and I want to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes these last 2 weeks! It means a lot to me and has helped more than yall will ever know. I will try to catch up here this week as I am still on leave until Monday! I returned to Utah with all the leaves on the ground and no more color. It was so nice while it lasted, but I guess we are in the period I like to refer to as nuclear winter. Where all the leaves have fallen but there is no snow yet. I don't think it snowed any while we were gone so we are closing out October without any snow yet.
Last but not least congrats to any Boston fans out here. I know we have a few! I did not catch any of the world series this year but I read it was very moving when they won since it had been a very trying year since the Bombing there.
I hope everyone has a great and safe night tonight if you are taking the little ones out and I hope the weather cooperates! Here it is cold but sunny and dry! Lows in low 30's and highs in low 50's. I think rain is coming this weekend with colder temps to follow. I will try to get back to everyone who wrote to me this last 2 weeks thanks so much again! Have a great day!
Bradmac (10-31-2013), Bullypup (10-31-2013), Christmasstar (10-31-2013), Festive Spirit (11-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-31-2013), made582 (10-31-2013), snowflake22 (10-31-2013), whitney37354 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,957 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
I also just noticed that Hallmark has started super early this year with the Christmas movies! Like tomorrow!!! Better get that dvr ready!
Bradmac (10-31-2013), Bullypup (10-31-2013), Christmasstar (10-31-2013), Festive Spirit (11-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-31-2013), made582 (10-31-2013), snowflake22 (10-31-2013), whitney37354 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 40,653 Times in 6,368 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
LOL!!! Busted!
He certainly was!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Happy Halloween, my Christmas friends!

We're planning a family get-together for hotdogs, chips & dips, etc. Then we're taking the little kids around Bellville for some trick-or-treating. Elizabeth made her own costume this year. She going as Wilma Flintstone, since she already has the red hair. She bought material at Hobby Lobby and, utilizing the sewing skills my mom taught her, she sewed Wilma's dress, and it looks Yabba Dabba Doo! She also bought a small neckchain and some large beads to make Wilma's stone necklace. She's so creative!

I hope y'all have a SPOOKY day!
Elizabeth's costume sounds awesome, have fun today!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning, MMC!!!!!!! It's going to be a nasty day here in Central Indy. Light rain this morning and afternoon, then heavy rain and 50 mph wind gusts tonight. Fun!!! Not much going on here again, today. I may get out in the kitchen and make some cupcakes for the cake walk at the girl scout fall festival this weekend. Other than that, just I'll just be sitting around resting my foot. I hope everyone is having a GREAT HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!
Have fun baking Made and Happy Halloween!

Originally Posted by SnowMaiden1018 View Post
Good Morning! Just wanted to say Happy Halloween! Its a rainy gloomy Halloween here in PA (just visiting family) and Im looking forward to some snowy weather this year!! So excited to be closer to ChristmasTime!!
Hello SnowMaiden, it's nice to see you!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
Clowning around at work on a tropical vacation
So cute!!!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Getting lots of rain here. I just went out and fed the outdoor fur kids during a lull in the steady rain - made it just in time! I only got a bit damp, and most of that was from walking under the dripping branches of the apple trees. Accuweather has the area under a high wind advisory - scary stuff when we get a lot of rain as a lot of trees fall. Be safe, Christmasstar, and dry, too!!
We have the same weather coming our way. Hope you have a Happy Halloween Meceka!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:05 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good Morning!!

And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

I wasn't able to log on all morning, until now.

It is a hauntingly beautiful morning, here. Rainy, FOGGY, dark. So fitting!!

I have the day off. And there's lots of errands to run, starting with grocery shopping! I must be back in time for the cute little trick-or-treaters!!

Hope you all have a fun & spooky day!!
I was having problems with the site this morning too. I hope you are having a fun and Happy Halloween Snowflake!!!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Oh my goodness, I love this picture - what a cutie! I love watching the squirrels/chipmunks when they are in the walnut trees, but I have never had the privilege of getting such a good view. Great shot, HmG!
I love watching them too, they're so cute!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Priceless photo! Thanks for posting that!
You're welcome

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
The day started off lousy. A couple weeks ago we ordered a new cooktop with installation and haul-away. This morning it was delivered right on schedule (i.e., the delivery guys literally dumped it on our kitchen floor) and started to leave. What about the installation? we asked. They didn't know anything about any installation---they were only delivery guys. We called up to find out what was going on, and got bounced to another number, and another, and another---we spoke with five different offices, and they all swore that we never ordered or paid for installation, in spite of the receipt we were looking at.

Long story short, the guy who rang up the sale when we bought the cooktop did it wrong and didn't enter the installation properly. So now we have a boxed cooktop (which may be damaged due to the delivery guys' rough handling---but they told us not to worry, the merchant would have to replace it if it's broken...!) monopolizing our kitchen floor until an undetermined time window on Saturday, when it will finally be installed (for a few hundred dollars more, of course). Arghhhhh ... We WILL be visiting the local store and speaking to a manger about a certain sales associate who badly needs remedial training.
How annoying, I hope the installation goes quickly and smoothly!

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I'm back.....Whew ....I couldn't log in here for almost 2 days, apparently the server/ site blocked my IP address. I was sooooo sad I started to go thru MMC withdraws. I could not even contact the head guy to let him know what was going on, it was blocking me from his personal web page as well.

So, I was able to get in under Merry Christmas TV and get an email off to Jeff and then I was also able to get in contact George Broderick and I sent him a personal email -----S.O.S. So all's well that ends well, I'm back , up and running! I missed you guys~
Welcome back xmastidings!!!

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
He is just out trick or treating.

He got himself a nice treat.
LOL!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Happy Halloween!!!!

It is Halloween and I am watching..."Elf," there isn't much on for Halloween shows (that I like) right now.
Still in the glow of the Sox win last night.

There is rain in the forecast for trick or treating, we will still head out but with an umbrella.

I hope you all have a great Thursday.
Have fun trick or treating xmas!!!

Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Happy Halloween everyone! We just got back to Utah yesterday morning from Oregon and I want to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes these last 2 weeks! It means a lot to me and has helped more than yall will ever know. I will try to catch up here this week as I am still on leave until Monday! I returned to Utah with all the leaves on the ground and no more color. It was so nice while it lasted, but I guess we are in the period I like to refer to as nuclear winter. Where all the leaves have fallen but there is no snow yet. I don't think it snowed any while we were gone so we are closing out October without any snow yet.
Last but not least congrats to any Boston fans out here. I know we have a few! I did not catch any of the world series this year but I read it was very moving when they won since it had been a very trying year since the Bombing there.
I hope everyone has a great and safe night tonight if you are taking the little ones out and I hope the weather cooperates! Here it is cold but sunny and dry! Lows in low 30's and highs in low 50's. I think rain is coming this weekend with colder temps to follow. I will try to get back to everyone who wrote to me this last 2 weeks thanks so much again! Have a great day!
Welcome back gabulldawg, continued prayers being sent your way.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:14 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,213 Times in 26,531 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

Still praying for you friend.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-31-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-31-2013), snowflake22 (10-31-2013), xmas365 (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
I am so embarrassed lol. I took a sample in the store and the employee asked me if I had a parent around. She said she needed permission to give me the sample since I was under the age of 18. Then I had to explain to her that I was well over 18 and she just stared at me while some guy kept laughing. Awkward!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-31-2013), Bullypup (10-31-2013), Christmasstar (10-31-2013), Festive Spirit (11-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-31-2013), snowflake22 (10-31-2013), whitney37354 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 12:22 PM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,787 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Happy Halloween everyone!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-31-2013), Bullypup (10-31-2013), Christmasstar (10-31-2013), Festive Spirit (11-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-31-2013), made582 (10-31-2013), snowflake22 (10-31-2013), xmas365 (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
To heck with waiting until November 1st! The carols are going on NOW!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-31-2013), Christmasstar (10-31-2013), Festive Spirit (11-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-31-2013), made582 (10-31-2013), Meceka (10-31-2013), snowflake22 (10-31-2013), VictoriaLT (10-31-2013), xmas365 (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 12:30 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,386 Times in 13,885 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My thoughts & prayers are with you friend.

((Hugs))

Happy Halloween to you, too!!

🎃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk