Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Enlisting Your Kids in...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:27 PM
47,924 Views  0 Posts
Is Santa's mail safe?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:57 PM
Last post by IronEagle302
07-09-2012 08:27 PM
49,992 Views  1 Posts
A Christmas Past Comes...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:17 PM
0 Posts
Jimmy Scarecrow's...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:57 PM
66,842 Views  0 Posts
The Snow Maiden
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:51 PM
62,688 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-03-2013, 11:07 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,255 Times in 26,540 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Good morning all.

Hallmark is already running Christmas movies! I noticed them this morning while I was flipping channels. We went out running some errands yesterday and saw signs of the season everywhere!

I'm on my laptop for the first time in a while, and I've noticed some stuff here on MMC I've missed. Using Tapatalk is so convenient, but I miss some of the banners and announcements. I just saw the Louann magnets for sale to benefit the writer scholarship. What a wonderful idea!

I hope you all have a great Sunday. We're headed off to church soon, but I hope to be on here later.

Anyone else listened to Christmas music to welcome November?

I'm pretty much strictly Christmas music now!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (11-03-2013), Seawaters (11-03-2013), snowflake22 (11-03-2013), Solice (11-03-2013), sugar142286 (11-04-2013), xmas365 (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 11:12 AM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Hey, hey, hey!

Hope this finds everybody with an extra hour of rest....didn't quite work that way here. It was more like an extra hour of crying and changing diapers....

But friends, there is nothing like it! I'm glad to have an extra hour of it!

Today is going to involve cooking, cleaning, and getting ready for the work week. It's going to be a hectic week because I've got to go to meeting two different days about 3 hours away and then we have our "game of the year" on Thursday night...I'm already ready for next weekend thinking about it!

So, I'm off! I'm going to read the rest of the boards and see what's happening before I get up and get after it! Yall have a good day!

Hope you have a great week friend and stay safe out there on the roads!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (11-03-2013), gabulldawg (11-03-2013), Seawaters (11-03-2013), snowflake22 (11-03-2013), Solice (11-03-2013), sugar142286 (11-04-2013), xmas365 (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I've had some discomfort, but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for a meds refill. I am also going to see about Vitamin B injections. Tell me more about your new job!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Seawaters, how have you been feeling? I've been thinking about you!

❤️💚

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2013, 11:22 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Oh, my! We love Mexican food!

Homemade steak tacos, beans, rice, chips and salsa, and cervesa's!!

Come on over! The more, the merrier!!

xx

Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 AM

Last Achievements

Hubby and I attended a fund-raiser for the charter school in town last night. The food was good, and they raised probably close to $5000 for the school. They had a silent auction, and I bid on a 49ers basket that included two tickets to the last game in Candlestick. I almost got it, but the final bid was $500. I did bid on a Pomegranate Brandy Chocolate Raspberry Trifle and won it for $165. It came in a beautiful bowl and was excellent! Guess what's for dessert tonight? There were two of us who were bidding against each other. After I won, I offered to share a bite. After the auction, that same couple sat down with me to wait for their daughter, the principal of the school. They wanted my address so they could send me some pomegranates and Meyer lemons from their organic farm! How cool!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:37 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I have an appointment on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I swear, I never have any free time! At least this week I will be getting all of the heart tests out of the way.

I guess I am going to go surf the forum!
Enjoy your relaxing day!! Praying all the tests go well for you this week.

Originally Posted by brittd19 View Post
Pfft who wakes up at 5:30am on her day off? This chick right here!!!!!
How the heck is everyone? I, myself am fantastic

Little update since July-- good tidings have been brought to my life this whole year! Amazing what happiness can do for you
- bought a 2013 Mitsubishi lancer, sports edition.. Woohoo traded in the g5 towards it, yes I feel a little sassy when I drive it LOL
- found a brand new, basement suite out in the country everything included!... For me & Ryan to live in
- Ryan moved here at the end of September (yay! No more long distance)
- now have a set schedule at work, which is mon-fri!! Still a fair bit of hours, but am thankful I now have a job that allows me to keep my bills paid & food in my belleh
- am very happy!
Things have been going really well for me (finally!) in all aspects of my life! Relationship great, family awesome, friends superb.. Life is just good! Now to get back on track with somewhere I have missed dearly in my crazy busy life! MMC!!!!

Went to port yesterday to pick up a little something near and dear to my heart... mom handed down her beautiful 7ft Christmas tree to me!!!
She's had it since I can remember and it's always been her pride & joy come christmas time! My grandma may end up a bit ticked and I know my sister was upset.. They've both been vying for it for as long as I can remember & I won't lie, I'm not completely innocent either when it comes to "who gets THE TREE?"... Somehow I get the honours (I am the oldest daughter.. That has to count for something right?), might just have to arm my home with security cameras & the occasional ninja now though.. Keep their pesky little mits off it! Hahaha
My mom usually went a little Clark griswald on it (yes a billion sparkling lights LOL).. So hopefully I can try to keep up with her tree decorating standards hahaha! Poor boyfriend won't be able to see the telly anymore if I follow mas footsteps muahaha, wait maybe that's a good thing!!!! Oh who am I kidding, I wanna watch the tube too!!! :d
I was planning on putting it up today, but I may wait till next weekend seeing as the little amount of decorations I do have for the tree... Are packed away in the storage closet:/ ( and I gotta pick up more!!)

How's everyone else been?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glad things are going so good for you!!!!!

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
What's for dinner? The Lear is fueled up for anyone who needs a ride to Snowflake's!!!
Me!!!!!

I am going to be lazy today, too, Made. We are watching football right now, and later I am going to eat some of the on-sale Halloween candy I bought yesterday!
Sounds like a good plan!!!! I have quite bit left over myself!!!

gabulldawg (11-03-2013), Seawaters (11-03-2013), snowflake22 (11-03-2013), Solice (11-03-2013), sugar142286 (11-04-2013), xmas365 (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 11:45 AM

Last Achievements

If you need any help, just let me know!
Thanks, I will!!!!

Homemade steak tacos, beans, rice, chips and salsa, and cervesa's!!

Come on over! The more, the merrier!!

xx

Yum!!!!!!!!!

I've had some discomfort, but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for a meds refill. I am also going to see about Vitamin B injections. Tell me more about your new job!
Praying they get you feeling 100% again soon.

Hubby and I attended a fund-raiser for the charter school in town last night. The food was good, and they raised probably close to $5000 for the school. They had a silent auction, and I bid on a 49ers basket that included two tickets to the last game in Candlestick. I almost got it, but the final bid was $500. I did bid on a Pomegranate Brandy Chocolate Raspberry Trifle and won it for $165. It came in a beautiful bowl and was excellent! Guess what's for dessert tonight? There were two of us who were bidding against each other. After I won, I offered to share a bite. After the auction, that same couple sat down with me to wait for their daughter, the principal of the school. They wanted my address so they could send me some pomegranates and Meyer lemons from their organic farm! How cool!
Glad you had a good time and That sounds delicious!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,479 Times in 1,963 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Good morning! Sighhhhhh....I was so looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend for a change. But, instead, I woke up to having to repair a leaking sink and I just got a phone call from my brother and he just informed me that they just found my father passed away on his couch. My brother stopped down there to visit on a whim and made the discovery. He's down there at the house with the police right now, so I'm going to head over and consult and provide comfort for my grandfather (who is 95 and my father was his only child).

Always something.....I'll talk to ya all later tonight~

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (11-04-2013), gabulldawg (11-03-2013), made582 (11-03-2013), Seawaters (11-03-2013), snowflake22 (11-03-2013), Solice (11-04-2013), sugar142286 (11-04-2013), whitney37354 (11-05-2013), xmas365 (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 12:18 PM

Last Achievements

So sorry to hear that, Xmastidings. How old was your father? Thinking of you and the rest of your family.

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Good morning! Sighhhhhh....I was so looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend for a change. But, instead, I woke up to having to repair a leaking sink and I just got a phone call from my brother and he just informed me that they just found my father passed away on his couch. My brother stopped down there to visit on a whim and made the discovery. He's down there at the house with the police right now, so I'm going to head over and consult and provide comfort for my grandfather (who is 95 and my father was his only child).

Always something.....I'll talk to ya all later tonight~
Old 11-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,198 Times in 324 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
I hope you have a relaxing evening and a great weekend, Victoria!
Thank you. I hope your weekend was good as well. :]

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Hope you're all enjoying your day! I've been Christmas shopping! I'm on a role! I have the kids done, except I need to buy one more gift for EA and I have my nieces and nephews done as well!
It looks to me that you will be done with your Christmas shopping very soon if you continue it in such a quick pace. ^^

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
I forgot to mention that I am going to decorate my Christmas tree tonight!
Wow! It looks like very early to me for putting the tree up but still wow! I'm glad for you. ;]

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
It is the first day of Christmas24 the Christmas movie channel! Yaaay!! I need to pop to the shops quickly and then I'll be spending this grey, misty day watching some Christmas movies .

What are you all doing for the weekend?? Is it just me or does the air have a certain excitement to it!?
What a good way to spend your Saturday! And yes, winter is really getting more and more wintry and I love it! :]

Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
This little guy is very nice. :]

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I had an idea that I was going to post in the Thanksgiving forum but I wasn't sure if anyone would participate. If you think that'd you join in, let me know and I will go post it in there. I didn't want to start it if no one was going to jump in!

I know a lot of people do this online or at the dinner table - every day during the month of November, you're supposed to say something that you are thankful for. It can be big or small, serious or not so serious - anything that you appreciate. It's such a great way to bring some positivity into your day! I figured we could all post daily and say something that we are thankful for, or we could just edit our original posts and add to it each day.

Plus it's a fun way to lead up to Christmas....by the time we're done it'll be December!
I think it's a very good idea. I would be in too. :] I always try to find at least several things to be happy about every day and I always write them down in my journal but I would still love to share them with everyone on MMC.

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
It has been a long day here, so glad I can turn the clock back an hour and get that extra sleep. The house is a mess, I hope no one comes to visit, but I know that is usually when they come! LOL Good thing it is late and most will be going to bed soon.
Had a great day of celebrating my sons 26th birthday.
I got the cakes done to a point where all I have to do is add the decorations, they do not have to be delivered until 3:30 tomorrow so that gives me lots of time to finish them.
Going to be a cold night, will feel like -9c (15f), time to get another blanket!
It seems that weather is getting colder so quickly in your area! It's so Christmassy!

Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Good morning! Soon afternoon.
We are going to my Fathers Birthday today.
He is 69 years old! ♥

Busy days here! Today it's only 4 weeks until we move!
So much to do! We have a big house!
And we are moving into a smaller house!
So there is a lot of things we have to give away...

My daughter has started on some more medicine - shots (injections?) in her thigh.
Got her first one at the hospital on Thursday.
And now I have to set them twice a week! And I hate needles!
Im setting the first one tomorrow, and my hands
are shaking just thinking about bringing that needle into her skinny thigh!
Guess it will be easier with time....?

Im thinking about you guys! Miss spending time here!
I will try to reed the last pages here

Have a great SUNDAY!
I'm sending my best wishes your daughter's and your whole family's way. <3

Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
been a hard working momma today!!!! I cleaned the windows (always do that before putting the christmas decoration on it), done laundry, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, then vaccuumed and mopped the floors.....then made some burgers for dinner........the house is pretty much ready for the Christmas decoration
Yay! I think it's such a great reward for doing your chores. :]

Good evening everyone! I haven't been on for almost two days and I had so many posts to catch on. I'm glad to read that so many of you have already started decorating for Christmas. I have started to imagine different places and houses decorated for the season and it made me smile. ^^ Me and few other girls went to winter fair on Saturday. It took place in a small town Castle Douglas which is not so far from the place I live in. It is quite shame we weren't allowed to take pictures but the fair was very nice. Lots of vintage crafts which could make great Christmas presents, and lots of local producers presenting their own bakery, sweets, etc. We also wanted to walk around the town a little bit more but the weather got miserable. It got too windy and very rainy, so we ended up drinking hot chocolate at one of the cafes. I'm still planning to go to Castle Douglas again once it gets closer to Christmas. I saw streets and many shops already prepared for the Holiday and I bet they all should look even more spectacular as Christmas approaches.

I'm sorry for such a long post. I hope you all are having a relaxing evening. Best wishes to all!