Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,612 Views  1 Posts
santahat The Changing Face of...
By MMC Editor
10-31-2011 08:23 AM
60,161 Views  0 Posts
The Connection Between...
By MMC Editor
10-21-2011 09:32 AM
56,847 Views  0 Posts
Elf (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:23 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-18-2013 07:29 AM
61,291 Views  3 Posts
A Christmas Carol
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:00 PM
188,670 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello everyone. It's been busy today so this was my first time dropping by. About to head home to eat dinner, and then do my taxes. That's one fun, action packed Thursday night I have planned!
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Good luck with your taxes, Ryan. We are going to owe AGAIN !!!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-31-2013), merrymistletoe (01-31-2013), Seawaters (01-31-2013), snowflake22 (01-31-2013), xmas365 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,610 Times in 13,929 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Good afternoon, Christmas family

I am going to just kick back and take it easy for a while. I need to exercise in a little while but for now I am going to relax. I have a touch of something, don't know what. I am feeling really kind of queasy and my tummy keeps rumbling and I am not hungry. That is something that just doesn't happen. I worked all day like this from 6 a.m. on. I especially HATE GI illnesses. I hope this passes (no pun intended ) quickly as we have so much to do tomorow.

Talk to you all later xo

(((((HUGS))))) to all ESPECIALLY:

Ella, Harlowe, Snowball, Gomez, Ophelia, Sidney, Alex, Merlin, Snickers, Victor, Daisy, Diva, Mickey, Palmer, Mouse, Bo, Chico, Meca, Alvin, Charlie, Gary, Bailey, Jerrold, Irving, Martha, Uncle Julio, Missy, Scooby, Sasha, Jacob, Cracker, Bunny B, Penny, Pocket, LuLu, Bear-Bear, Stripey, Holly, Fate Puppy (London,) Buster, Missy, Baby, Santa's Polar Bears, Sangria, O'Malley, Beau, Taz, Zema, Rizzo, Bella, Happy, Sam, Guinness, Holly Noel, Larry SR, Mama, and all furkids everywhere xoxoo

PS: Britt we really miss you.......xoxoxoxo
Hope you feel better, CM3!! Xo
Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,610 Times in 13,929 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
this is what is happening now...

kind of hard to see, but is snowing quite a bit
That is beautiful, CS!! Xo
Old 01-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I just do not know how to thank all of you for your messages to Giordan. That kid was in seventh heaven today. He was beaming so much that I am sure some of you thought it was the Northern Lights!!! Today was a priceless day. At the end of the day, one of my boys said, "Mrs. Waters, can we give you a hug goodbye as we leave?" I was floored coming from this boy! Took me by surprise! Anyway, thank you for making a kid feel special. You all are absolutely the best!!!
ballcoach (01-31-2013), Bradmac (02-01-2013), caninemom3 (01-31-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-01-2013), Christmasstar (01-31-2013), made582 (01-31-2013), Meceka (02-02-2013), merrymistletoe (01-31-2013), snowflake22 (01-31-2013), whitney37354 (02-04-2013), xmas365 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I just do not know how to thank all of you for your messages to Giordan. That kid was in seventh heaven today. He was beaming so much that I am sure some of you thought it was the Northern Lights!!! Today was a priceless day. At the end of the day, one of my boys said, "Mrs. Waters, can we give you a hug goodbye as we leave?" I was floored coming from this boy! Took me by surprise! Anyway, thank you for making a kid feel special. You all are absolutely the best!!!

You ARE special Seawaters and we all love you xoxoo Sending polar bear ((((HUGS)))) your way xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-31-2013), Seawaters (01-31-2013), snowflake22 (01-31-2013), xmas365 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
I just had a great idea!!! Would some of you post a note to me to read to the kids in my classroom about my last day as their teacher? I will get online and read them out loud to the kids. We are not really supposed to use the computer for personal stuff, but what are they going to do, fire me??? Also, could you congratulate Giordan for being Student of the Month and encourage him to keep up his improvement in behavior??? Thank you in advance for those who wish to do so!
what a wonderful idea!!!!

I wish you could see Giordan's face as I have read these posts! It is totally priceless! The other kids are telling him that he is famous. One girl said, "You are awesome, Giordan!" Another said he should get his own website because he is so famous!!! So funny! I am laughing just watching these kids interact with these posts. Hilarious. Thank you all so much. I told him I will keep checking back. Another teacher brought in a gift for me. Giordan's deskmate said, "You are stealing Giordan's thunder, Mrs. Waters!" I thought I would crack up!
oh major BUMMER! i just got home & read this I would love to had taken part in wishing him congratulations. this is exactly how i imagined you to be w/ your kids. you are such an amazing person seawaters!i wish you so many happy things in your retirement. God bless you doll!

CM3, be careful. not sure if you guys have had this on the news but here they have talked about a stomach flu, Norrel Virus. it hits fast & hard. we all had it & it is terrible. will be praying for you sweety!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,221 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello everyone. It's been busy today so this was my first time dropping by. About to head home to eat dinner, and then do my taxes. That's one fun, action packed Thursday night I have planned!
Hope everyone is having a good day.
taxes, I want to do mine but all the paper work is not in yet

Enjoy your dinner
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-31-2013), Seawaters (01-31-2013), snowflake22 (01-31-2013), xmas365 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 PM

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,221 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
you are so welcome, I am really glad they enjoyed it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-31-2013), Seawaters (01-31-2013), snowflake22 (01-31-2013), xmas365 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 PM

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That is okay, MMT. I am sure you inhabited the thoughts of the posts anyway. Today was a glorious day! The kids loved their pizzas, especially being able to eat all they wanted. I think four were the most pieces eaten. I received six more gifts. One gift was a donation in my name to Maasai Mamas for 500 liters of water for a family in Kenya. Many of you know that I love charities, so this was really special to me. I also received a beautifully woven scarf, more chocolates, a necklace and earrings, cookies, and a Misto mister with bold and peppery olive oil. I told everyone I wanted to retire again next week!!! I am just overwhelmed at everyone's generosity and kindness. But the gift of well wishes from all of you and the gift of messages to Giordan are at the top of the list! Thank you all again!

Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
what a wonderful idea!!!!

oh major BUMMER! i just got home & read this I would love to had taken part in wishing him congratulations. this is exactly how i imagined you to be w/ your kids. you are such an amazing person seawaters!i wish you so many happy things in your retirement. God bless you doll!

CM3, be careful. not sure if you guys have had this on the news but here they have talked about a stomach flu, Norrel Virus. it hits fast & hard. we all had it & it is terrible. will be praying for you sweety!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:04 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,337 Times in 14,004 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My speech:

Some of you may remember Charles Kuralt of CBS News fame, a fellow North Carolinian. When he was ready to retire, he said that his inner voice told him he had to give up his big salary and his corner office and leave his Sunday morning program to somebody else. The voice told him that he did not have a world of time left to do all those things he had promised himself he would do someday. In his own words, Kuralt wrote, “I had worked at CBS for 37 years. Without a single misgiving, I sat down at my desk at home and typed a short letter to my boss: ‘Dear Eric, I feel it is time to resign from CBS News. Accordingly, I ask that you find a replacement for me on my show, Sunday Morning, as soon as possible—by the end of this month, I hope….’ I delivered this letter that same day. The second it was out of my hand, I felt a wave of giddy release. I felt like singing. The thing was done, and I was on my own. CBS announced my departure as my ‘retirement,’ and Dan Rather read the announcement so solemnly on the air that many people, upon hearing it, assumed at first that I had died. It wasn’t an obituary notice I had meant to hand in; it was a Declaration of Independence. I wanted Roman candles, not funeral wreaths. Even the word ‘retirement’ suggested a withdrawal I was nowhere near ready for. I knew I might retire somewhere down the road, but I desired an adventurous passage from here to there.”
I am no Charles Kuralt, but I am now ready to give up my big salary and my corner office and to leave my classroom to somebody else, Tara Be**ns.
Some of you know that I am known as The Mean Teacher and, yes, I AM a mean teacher. I am a MEAN teacher because I insist that each student do the best s/he is capable of doing.

I am a MEAN teacher because I insist that students hand in their assignments on time.

I am a MEAN teacher because I do not accept incomplete assignments.

I am a MEAN teacher because I require students to think carefully and to make his/her own decisions.

I am a MEAN teacher because I hold each student responsible for his/her own behavior.

I am a MEAN teacher because I make students keep the classroom, themselves, and their belongings neat and clean.

I am a MEAN teacher because I do not allow free time in class until all classwork is done.

I am a MEAN teacher because I give homework regularly, every single night except for Friday.

I am a MEAN teacher because I call on students who don't raise their hands to answer questions.

I am a MEAN teacher because I require all students to treat each other with respect.

I am a MEAN teacher because I make life miserable for my students by insisting they always tell the truth.

I am a MEAN teacher because I help produce students who are respectful, responsible, and successful.

Yes, I am a MEAN teacher because THE WORLD NEEDS MORE MEAN* TEACHERS!

MEAN = Making Excellence A Necessity)
Great speech.