Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How Santa Does It
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:19 PM
46,445 Views  0 Posts
Somewhere in France
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:14 PM
50,322 Views  0 Posts
Charles Dickens: A Merry...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:24 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
10-19-2013 09:51 PM
69,733 Views  1 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,098 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,096 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,210 Times in 12,635 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Just checking in to see what everyone is up to. I'm home sitting here doing Christmas cards to send out to family and friends while listening to some Perry Como Christmas Music...

Lisa is in full packing mode and I'm staying out of her way...(picture a bull in a china shop); there you go, there's the image...look out of the way!!!!LOL!!!

It's a quiet night here overall so it's a good time to get these Christmas cards started. Hope everyone has a nice night. Hmmmm maybe a slice of pumpkin pie might just top off the evening...
LOL, enjoy the pie!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (12-03-2013), graywolf70 (12-03-2013), HomemakinGirl (12-03-2013), made582 (12-03-2013), snowflake22 (12-03-2013), xmas365 (12-03-2013), xmastidings (12-04-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,210 Times in 12,635 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I ache all over, going to bed and snuggle up with a good book!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (12-04-2013), gabulldawg (12-03-2013), graywolf70 (12-03-2013), Holiday (12-05-2013), HomemakinGirl (12-03-2013), made582 (12-03-2013), Meceka (12-04-2013), Ryan (12-03-2013), snowflake22 (12-03-2013), VictoriaLT (12-04-2013), xmas365 (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 06:52 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,499 Times in 13,908 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
22 16x16

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good affternoon, everyone!

I have time for a quick visit. I am currently supplying at a school. I am the Learning Resources Teacher today. It's not bad. The kids are good and I don't mind hanging out in the library for much of the day... so long as there are no real incidents!

There is only one period left and then I get to make the 40 minute trek home. I was happy to receive the call this mroning. Hopefully this helps me receive a call for tomorrow, too... the more you work, the more you are called, apparently. Thus far, I have really been enjoying the experience.

I had a decent time at hockey last night. We worked really hard managed to tie the game at 3-3 with just under 3 minutes left. As I have said before, I just want to go out and have fun, but winning and competing hard make everything more enjoyable.

Well, lunch is almost over. I should prepare myself for the final period of the day. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as the morning. I hope everyone here is enjoying their Tuesday. 'Pines Day is only a day away! Merry Christmas!
Good for you! Hope you enjoyed the day!
I love the library.

Merry Christmas, brent!!

Originally Posted by MerryBells View Post
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Today is our 25th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately Hubby couldn't get off work tonight, so we will be celebrating over the weekend. It doesn't seem possible....it took so long to get from the engagement to the wedding, and then all of a sudden here we are at 25 years.
Happy Anniversary to you both!!

Originally Posted by whitney37354 View Post
I've been away from here for over a week & I'm sure I've missed out on a lot. I was in a car wreck the Saturday before Thanksgiving. A guy ran his truck down the entire passenger side of my car, while I was sitting in the turn lane at a red light, minding my own business! DD & I were the only ones in the car & we're fine. It will take three weeks to get my car back, so my sister loaned me a vehicle so I could get back to work.

For a week I was just mad about the whole situation, and not in the mood for Thanksgiving or Christmas. By Thanksgiving morning I was getting over it. We had a good Thanksgiving weekend & I'm back in the Christmas spirit. I feel like it's moving so quickly though!

We are blessed that we're okay & the car can be repaired. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Merry Christmas!
So very scary. Glad you guys are ok!!

Take good care, whitney. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Ahhhhh - I feel so out of the loop!!

Happy December! So hard to believe 3 weeks from today is CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!

I didn't get to read about everyones Thanksgiving. I hope you all had a wonderful day/weekend!! Ours was very nice & very busy! The turkey trot went off despite the cold! We were down to 15 walkers/runners - wimps! Ha ha ha!! Lunch at our house with the inlaws was very good. We missed supper at my sisters since my hubby's family was still over - but that was ok - we were stuffed! I did get to try my Dads turkey (he always makes the turkey) at my sisters, so Thanksgiving was complete! We did get to see all of my family too - we just didn't get to eat with them. My niece talked me into going to Walmart on Thursday night even though I said I was NOT shopping that night. I ended up with a new blu-ray player! Friday morning I picked up my friend & my niece & off we went on an all day shopping spree! We had a blast! I love Menards on black Friday! We got home from shopping, unloaded the back of the truck - which was full.... - picked up my hubby & we picked up another couple we run around with & off we went to the electronics store! Bought a new sound system for our house & a 50" screen tv for my FIL! The back of the truck was full again! Then we went to a wondeful Italian restaurant! Mmmm!

I'm still working on getting my Christmas decorations up & all the ornaments on the tree. I don't like being so far behind! Hopefully tonight I'll make more progress. I'm losing a lot of places to put my Christmas things, since the sound bar takes up space on the entertainent center- and my stereo cabinet & 2 speakers will be gone. Hmmmm.... Looks like I'll be buying a new table!! Oh darn!

Hope all is well with all of you & I am going to try to catch up a little around here!!!

Make it a great day!!!

Glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving, Holiday!! And that you had fun shopping!!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good afternoon, MMC!

Hanging out with my cousin today. It has been sleeting out a bit - supposed to turn to all rain. Busy day and I have no idea where the time went. Oh well. It is good to have a break from the same old same old.

Be MERRY!
Hey Meceka!

Enjoy the time with your cousin!!

xx
Old 12-03-2013, 06:55 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,283 Times in 26,545 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
Goodnight, Star!!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-04-2013), gabulldawg (12-03-2013), HomemakinGirl (12-03-2013), snowflake22 (12-03-2013), Virginia (12-03-2013), xmas365 (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,581 Times in 1,114 Posts
Virginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I just posted this in another thread, Amazon is doing their 25 days of Free Holiday music again. I'll post it in here also in case it gets missed by anyone who wants free Christmas music.

Amazon.com's 25 Days Of Free Holiday Music
I'll have to do something about getting a credit card so I can download these freebies!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Virginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the tree
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I work in libraries and think all our decorations should be like this!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:00 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,499 Times in 13,908 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas Countdown - 2013

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I just posted this in another thread, Amazon is doing their 25 days of Free Holiday music again. I'll post it in here also in case it gets missed by anyone who wants free Christmas music.

Amazon.com's 25 Days Of Free Holiday Music
Thanks for sharing, xmas!!

Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
Happy anniversary!

Good evening! I hope you all had a good day. I finished my last essay this semester today so yay for that. I'm going to re-read it any other day and hopefully submit it on Friday morning. I'm now getting ready to go to bed because it's going to be a long day tomorrow of computer-based work so I have to wake up earlier than usual. Have a relaxing evening everyone.
Congrats on finishing your last essay for the semester!

Sleep well, friend!!

xx

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I saw on the waether channel that a big winter storm is supposed to start rolling thru the country. Has anyone started getting any snow yet from It? I saw a post/ picture from Snowflake22 that she was getting some...
...And we still are! The roads have been terrible. But the winter wonderland is beautiful!! Possibly 6 inches by tomorrow night. Some of the snow has melted by a slushy-wintry mix. But it's in the 20's now, so roads are starting to freeze.

Adrian has to take a road trip tomorrow for work, so I'm nervous about that. Please keep him in your prayers!

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Hey, MMC family! Hope you're all having a wonderful day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi sugar!

Hope you're having a great evening!

Feel better, CS! Enjoy the book! Love the photo =)
Old 12-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by whitney37354 View Post
I've been away from here for over a week & I'm sure I've missed out on a lot. I was in a car wreck the Saturday before Thanksgiving. A guy ran his truck down the entire passenger side of my car, while I was sitting in the turn lane at a red light, minding my own business! DD & I were the only ones in the car & we're fine. It will take three weeks to get my car back, so my sister loaned me a vehicle so I could get back to work.

For a week I was just mad about the whole situation, and not in the mood for Thanksgiving or Christmas. By Thanksgiving morning I was getting over it. We had a good Thanksgiving weekend & I'm back in the Christmas spirit. I feel like it's moving so quickly though!

We are blessed that we're okay & the car can be repaired. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Merry Christmas!
So glad nobody was injured.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 40,728 Times in 6,382 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great picture! Have a good night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,959 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Good evening everyone! I wanted to check in since it has been while! Honestly turning 39 yesterday was the cherry on top of a well shall we say less than a cake walk of a year. I know I am not old but as I have said many times I have an unhealthy fear of growing old. I was like this when I hit 25 but it still gets kind of worse every year. It's not really about the physical parts of getting older...(well maybe it kinda is now I think about it) it's about regrets of the past and stuff like that. Well Anyway enough of babbling... the weather has been great..it's been snowing most of the day and over the weekend I went snow boarding all day everyday.. I am glad I now live like an hour drive from 4 different ski resorts! I am taking full advantage of that. It beats going to the gym or jogging every morning that is for sure. I hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving weekend and has a great month ahead!