Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,840
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 12-06-2013, 05:38 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,613 Times in 17,358 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello friends. I'm snowed in, or I should say iced in, at a hotel. Busy day but safe in my room. Hope y'all are doing great.
Stay safe & warm, Ryan. Drive safe tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2013, 05:39 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I have had a lot of the same symptoms the last few days.
It is the reason I am waiting to call in my Holiday greetings, this morning I sounded like Bane from Dark Knight Rises.

LOL!

Hope you feel better soon, friend.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,272 Times in 13,280 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
The snow is coming down pretty good now!!

what a beautiful shot, love how it sparkles!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:41 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
The snow is coming down pretty good now!!

Pretty!!

Old 12-06-2013, 05:44 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I hope that it is just a fluke and you feel much better tomorrow! Try to get some rest and drink plenty of hot liquids. You're in my prayers!

I can't believe it is so soon!

Boo to rain - you need some snow! What did you bake today? LOL! I hope your hair turned out to your liking!

I hope that the roads are okay! It's never good with icy roads. A "Christmas type" day sounds like the perfect kind. I hope that you enjoyed your eggnog and DVDs!

Merry, that was SO very nice of you. You are such a kind person and probably made your co-worker's week! What a way to spread the Christmas spirit.

The photography class sounds fun! What a nice mechanic! You are right, most would not have been honest. I also watched the SNL Christmas special - it was funny! I hope that the roads were fine on your trip home. Have a great evening!

Yes, Merry Christmas to them!!!

I agree - more time in the day would be great! I hope that you just get snow and no ice. Ice is never good! Happy birthday to your sister! I hope that she enjoyed her milestone day! I am sure that St. Nick will find them!!

Made, I hope it doesn't get bad there! Stay safe!

Thanks for sharing! I will be sure to call once my raspy voice goes away. I don't want to scare anyone hehe!

What a kind gesture by your co-worker! I saw the photo and it is gorgeous along with your other decorations! How sweet!

I hope that the wind slowed down! I hope you got the energy boost that you needed! Have a great evening.

Oh no! I hope it stopped just as quickly as it started!

Yay for snow! I agree that it is going way too fast. The meal that Brandi made sounds delicious! I hope you have a wonderful night.

Awww! I feel so bad that you aren't feeling well. You are still in my prayers!

I hope that St. Nick is good to the kids! Have a wonderful evening!!
Thank you for the prayers, Jennifer!!

Hope you are doing well, friend!

xx

Old 12-06-2013, 05:46 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Hi, everyone! I am finally caught up - on today at least! You are all in my thoughts and prayers, even though I haven't found much time to post lately. I finished my last assignment for school yesterday so now I have all of the free time in the world, for the most part!

I was trying to reply for literally an hour and a half and it kept redirecting me to another page. I could not figure out what the problem was until I accidentally only pasted in part of my post when I went to try again. Then I realized that there were three greater than symbols in a row somewhere and that was the cause of the problem. Weird, huh? Took them out and the post went through just fine!

It is very late so I am going to go brush my teeth and get ready for bed. We are supposed to get some terrible weather overnight and tomorrow. The news channels are saying that it is going to be extremely icy and bad out for the morning rush here. If you can please pray for my dad and brother - my dad is on the road all day long and my brother has a long commute to work. Luckily my mom and I ran our errands today so we can stay at home and relax!

Good night, everyone!!!
Praying that you & your family stay safe 💗

xx

Old 12-06-2013, 05:52 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Christmas Countdown - 2013

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Ok guys, I am having a terrible decision to make here. My hubby (and I) have been wanting a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier for quite awhile. I always said I wouldn't get one until Buster is no longer with us. I just don't want to do that to him. He is almost 18 years old & to bring in a crazy pup, I'm just not sure. BUT Soft Coated Wheatens are hard to come by around here. The place we would probably get one from is 3+ hours from here & they have 1 female left from the last litter. The owner is hoping for another litter in 4-5 weeks, which would mean they would be available sometime in March. Buster is doing ok. He's just old - his back end/hips are starting to wear out & I hate it & I don't know how much longer he will be with us! Hopefully for awhile yet, but no guarantee's - he's 18!! Anyway - I thought about buying this pup, taking a day off work to go get it, (without the hubby's knowledge) & having it here when my hubby gets home from work (which his work has been grueling the last few weeks & I know it would put a big smile on his face!!) - I have no doubt that he would be SO excited & then his next look/question is going to be "2 dogs? really???" One advantage to getting it now is that hopefully it will be trained - or close to being trained before we start remodeling our house in late spring/early summer. 2 disadvantages are - I don't know what this would do to Buster & if the pup gets attached to Buster & then he passes on....we have a sad pup! Right now I am "babysitting" for my friends dog while they are on a cruise & my sisters dog (the birthday girl who is at the Biltmore) & he is OK with them being here. But they are both older dogs, so they are not crazy!! He doesn't love it that they are here, but he doesn't make much of it. So ???? Animal lovers - chime in with your thoughts/ideas please!

Here is a pic of the Wheaten that is available yet:

You are the 1st people that I have told that I am even thinking about this!!! Lol!

That being said - I probably won't be back on until Sunday or hopefully Monday at the latest, so you all have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMASSY weekend!!!
That is a tough one. Soft coated Wheaten Terriers are so precious!

How is Buster w/ puppies, now?
If he still is patient with them, it may bring some fun into his senior years.

Sending you best wishes on your decision.
🐾💗

Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Xmas and Snowflake, I read that marshmallows help a sore throat! Really!
Yum!! I will try those, thanks!

Old 12-06-2013, 05:55 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Morning! I only managed to read some of the posts but I've got to get back. I feel like time is moving to fast. I am not even looking at the countdown numbers anymore! We have a nice weekend planned. I'm off work and hubby's birthday tomorrow! Christmas movies marathon on Sunday I think !

Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

Snowflake , I hope that you recover very quickly , nothing worse than being sick around this time of year! You and everyone else are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks, sweet friend!

Enjoy your weekend off and Happy Birthday to your hubby!!

xx

Old 12-06-2013, 06:05 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Good morning, MMC~

Thank you for all of the thoughts & prayers.
I got a good night's sleep, so hopefully that will help.

I have my cold stash ready to take to work w/ all of the necessary supplies.

It is currently -3 degrees here....Brrr!

Poor Harlowe is having a tough time with the temps. The groomer cut her hair too short, and we're having troubles getting her to walk, etc. right now. Her paws trouble her pretty quickly.

What are your weekend plans?

Hope you all have a wonderful, Christmassy day!