Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:54 PM
80,874 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2008
By MMC Editor
06-11-2008 11:14 PM
40,009 Views  0 Posts
A Mom's Letter to Santa
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:40 PM
Last post by lauriebear
09-16-2011 12:36 PM
59,969 Views  3 Posts
"The Child Who Saw Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 09:01 AM
0 Posts
The Nativity Story...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:49 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 06:14 PM
53,943 Views  1 Posts

Old 12-07-2013, 08:10 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,413 Times in 14,010 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
His name is Zloty. It's actually a Polish currency but I think it sounds cute, and I don't know any other dogs under this name.

I don't think I have ever posted a picture of my dog, have I?

This is his latest picture which I took in September, the last time I was at home. It's not the best picture but he was very cheeky at that time so... ^^

Good evening! I hope that everyone had a relaxing Saturday. :]

I received an e-mail saying that I have been offered a position to volunteer at Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games this summer!

It was announced that all the offers will be sent out by the end of November. Once December begun, I stopped expecting for my offer. However, the actual e-mail came yesterday, so I was very surprised when I found it in my inbox. And very exciting too! The competition for voluntary positions was very fierce. There were around 65,000+ applicants overall, and 25,000 of them were invited for the interview. I attended mine in late July, and now there will be 15,000 volunteers. It is gonna be a HUGE sport event! I also found out that my Scottish friend is also going to volunteer, so I am happy about that too. I am actually quite proud of myself for leaving so many other applicants behind and becoming the one of those lucky 15,000 who will contribute towards organizing such a significant event!

I am sorry for quite a long post but my excitement is now over the top. ^^

Anyway, I will try to go to sleep because it is nearly midnight here.

Best wishes to all!

Congratulations!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 40,954 Times in 6,424 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Thats great! I will do so too, when Im alone.. ( )
Next week!

I was listening to last years podcast today...
I love it! Can't wait for the next one!
It seems like I'm hardly ever alone lately. I had to hide in my bedroom when I called in!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
His name is Zloty. It's actually a Polish currency but I think it sounds cute, and I don't know any other dogs under this name.

I don't think I have ever posted a picture of my dog, have I?

This is his latest picture which I took in September, the last time I was at home. It's not the best picture but he was very cheeky at that time so... ^^

Good evening! I hope that everyone had a relaxing Saturday. :]

I received an e-mail saying that I have been offered a position to volunteer at Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games this summer!

It was announced that all the offers will be sent out by the end of November. Once December begun, I stopped expecting for my offer. However, the actual e-mail came yesterday, so I was very surprised when I found it in my inbox. And very exciting too! The competition for voluntary positions was very fierce. There were around 65,000+ applicants overall, and 25,000 of them were invited for the interview. I attended mine in late July, and now there will be 15,000 volunteers. It is gonna be a HUGE sport event! I also found out that my Scottish friend is also going to volunteer, so I am happy about that too. I am actually quite proud of myself for leaving so many other applicants behind and becoming the one of those lucky 15,000 who will contribute towards organizing such a significant event!

I am sorry for quite a long post but my excitement is now over the top. ^^

Anyway, I will try to go to sleep because it is nearly midnight here.

Best wishes to all!
Congratulations Victoria, that is wonderful news!
Zloty is adorable!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:14 PM

Last Achievements

xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
Hello friends-
Just wanted to touch base. It's been a wild ride around here since my husband's shoulder surgery. He had a severe neck spasm during the night and I ended up driving him to the emergency room at 6 this morning. He is still in a lot of pain, but heavily medicated. Soooo, I'm trying to keep the Christmas spirit alive, but it's been a bit dicey as of late. Anyway, I hope you are all having a wonderful time in your own preparations! Thinking of you all at this exciting time in our journey to Christmas!
You both are in my thoughts.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
Hello friends-
Just wanted to touch base. It's been a wild ride around here since my husband's shoulder surgery. He had a severe neck spasm during the night and I ended up driving him to the emergency room at 6 this morning. He is still in a lot of pain, but heavily medicated. Soooo, I'm trying to keep the Christmas spirit alive, but it's been a bit dicey as of late. Anyway, I hope you are all having a wonderful time in your own preparations! Thinking of you all at this exciting time in our journey to Christmas!
I'm so sorry your husband is still in a lot of pain, I will keep him in my prayers.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:19 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Thanks, Xmas!! How have you been?
Surviving, we have been very busy the last month. Thanks for asking.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
This was a few years ago, "Ophelia tree, Ophelia tree..."

I use to have a cat that did the same thing. She would jump right in that tree before we even had it decorated.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Thanks, HMG! How was your day?
My day went well, thank you for asking! I was able to do more Christmas shopping. I really want to finish, I will will probably head back to the mall tomorrow!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:46 PM

Last Achievements

Good evening,

I am all caught up now, I can't figure out why a Christmas website is so busy in December.

Busy day today, day off tomorrow. I only have 5 more days off until Christmas.

Just relaxing watching The Santa Clause 3, everyone else is asleep. My wife fell asleep before the boys did and they went to bed at 8pm.

I am tired so I will be heading to bed soon, I hope to get the big tree decorated tomorrow.

Good night, everyone!!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Good evening!
I was able to go to the mall again today. I would like to finish my shopping over the next couple of days. The problem is every time I cross something off the list, I add something else on it. I need to stop doing that.
My daughter went to the city today with her friends and had a good time. I asked her to send me some pictures but she told me her phone died. So when she got home I asked to see pictures of the Rockefeller Center tree. She took a ton of pictures but they were all selfies with the tree in the background! Ridiculous facial expressions and all.
We still don't have our tree up yet. My husband was too busy, he was on a job all day. Maybe tomorrow. I gave up on decorating this year but we have to at least have a tree up!