Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,926
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 12-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,478 Times in 13,315 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by graywolf70 View Post
LOL I always unroll the paper, put the box on it and figure out which way it'll wrap the best using the smartest use of the paper, horizontal or vertical. Put a dot where I want to start the cut and then cut off the roll. Pull the paper around the box and then trim off the excess if there is any. The only time I ever had too little paper is when I had to wrap something really huge and there wasn't enough paper on the roll. Then it looks like patchwork wrap trying to find another paper that'll match it.

I used to be a wrap-a-holic, because I had the time to do it. LOL I would do the fancy ribbon wraps and make all those wild bows. Had a ton of fun with it, till I got to Noah's 4th Christmas. That's when the presents under our tree stopped looking fancy. LOL I always end up running out of time to wrap, so the paper may be on the box, but it takes soooo long to do the ribbon, when I'm the only one doing it - it's Christmas morning before I'm done. His 4th Christmas I was up till 4am doing the ribbon. He got up at 6. Got us up, and immediately dove into it. Then when he was older I started again, and he asked me not to do it anymore, because he said they were so pretty he felt badly undoing the time I spent making them. ROFL
LOL, you sound like me!

Old 12-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,366 Times in 3,783 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good evening all you merry people! I am in full Christmas mode around here but it seems like something was missing. Then I realize I haven't been on here since Thursday! THATS IT!!! I won't have time to catch up on all the posts, but I'll try my best. I hope you are all doing great & enjoying every minute of this holiday season!!

We had a really great & Chrismtassy weekend. When I look outside, everything is covered in white! Saturday was cookie day at our house. My friend & her 3 kids came over a little after noon - it snowed ALL day & we made a double batch of cut out cookies, icing'd them all, we made candy, listened to Christmas music all day & then watched Christmas movies all night. They stayed until 1:30 am. It was such a relaxing & enjoyable day! LOVED EVERY MINUTE! Yesterday was candy day at my Moms. There were 12 of us in Moms kitchen. So fun!!! It snowed some & the wind was blowing like crazy - all the schools were closed today. Here's a pic my niece took yesterday at Moms:

After candy day, friends of ours came over. We ended up meeting another friend at the local tavern - her kids work in the kitchen there, so she was there by herself waiting on her kids to be done working, so we went to visit. Then we all went back to the friends house who had come to our house earlier. Another enjoyable day with family & friends! Ahhhh - the holidays!

This morning Time Warner was over & hooked up our new cable/internet/phone package. Now I can start DVR'ing all these wonderful Christmas movies!!! So exciting. I have it scheduled to record Prep & Landing at 8 & 8:30 tonight. My friend said it was really cute.

One night this week we are having movie night at my Mom/Dads to watch The Bishops Wife. Love that movie!!

OK - enough babbling!! I'm off to read more posts!! Hope you all have a wonderful night!!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (12-17-2013), Christmasstar (12-16-2013), graywolf70 (12-16-2013), made582 (12-16-2013), Ryan (12-16-2013), snowflake22 (12-16-2013), sugar142286 (12-16-2013), xmas365 (12-16-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 03:45 PM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!!!! It's going to be another cold day here in central Indy with a high in the mid 20's. We got about another inch and a half of snow last night. Which normally wouldn't be a big deal but apparently the city didn't send the full fleet of plows out and the roads were terrible this morning. In fact, my aunt got rear ended again by a teenage girl. Luckily it wasn't as bad as it was a couple of months ago but she is going to need another rear bumper cover. The snow has stopped now though so it's time for me to get out there and shovel. I also need to spend the day cleaning the apartment. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!
yikes, glad she is ok, cars are easier to fix.
Our snow stopped for the day too, it was a lovely sunny day here.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,366 Times in 3,783 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
I am trying very hard to avoid the knee surgery thing, I hope you recover quickly from yours. At least painting you can do sitting down!
My FIL had knee replacement surgery on Friday too! He got out of the hospital today - but with all the snow & ice we have around here, he went to the nursing home for some rehab! His surgery was at 9:30 am Friday & they had him up walking by 3pm Friday. That's just amazing! Frosty - I hope you recovery quickly & Star, I hope you can avoid surgery!!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-16-2013), graywolf70 (12-16-2013), made582 (12-16-2013), snowflake22 (12-16-2013), sugar142286 (12-16-2013), xmas365 (12-16-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 03:51 PM

Last Achievements

Look, I found my table back!

Now that all the prep for family party is over with, cakes made and party over, nothing left to do but clean and get ready for Christmas Day!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:55 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Monday morning, my Christmas friends!

I had to relocate my computer to the conference room in the main office building, but I'm back online, baby! Hopefully, the replacement switch for our annex building will be here today and I can move back into my office.

Our church party was a lot of fun last night...Santa came by!

I had 369 pictures on the StealthCam, and 300 of them were raccoons. One even sat down in front of the camera and raised up on his behind like a bear, looking at me LOL! There was one quick picture of a deer passing through. I need to "sweeten the pot" with some corn.

I hope y'all have a great day!
glad you got back on here again.
Maybe next year we should arrange for Santa to come to our family party, that would thrill the kids!
So do you have 300 racoons, or just one that likes to pose for the camera?
Old 12-16-2013, 04:05 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,689 Times in 7,667 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Busy day here. Started the day with my BIL wrecking his car. There is a reason they tell you to slow down in the snow. He was late for work though and was flying down the street and couldn't stop. So he went up and over the center part of the roundabout and bent up the entire suspension. You have to hold the steering wheel at almost 90 degree's to get the car to go straight. At least he wasn't hurt and didn't hit anyone else. So after i checked the car out, it was off to the funeral home. It was good to see some old friends but that's not how I wanted to do it. Then it was off to lunch with my sister and niece's and then off to the train. It was a lot of fun. Santa was really good and took time to visit with each kid and then sat down for photo's. He even led everyone in a bunch of Christmas songs. (note to self, we need to listen to frosty more often) Mrs. Claus though, well she must have been tired after baking everyone cookies because she just kind of walked through the train and didn't really do anything. The kids didn't care though. They were all hyped up and going crazy. After the train ride we stopped and did some shopping and then went to dinner. Then it was home to do some wrapping while listening to the greasy skillet and watching White Christmas.
I'm glad your BIL is okay!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-16-2013), graywolf70 (12-16-2013), made582 (12-16-2013), snowflake22 (12-16-2013), sugar142286 (12-16-2013), xmas365 (12-16-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 04:06 PM

Last Achievements

Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
I'm in the animal ER with Molly, she has an ear infection. Hopefully we'll be out of here soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Praying Molly is better soon!

Old 12-16-2013, 04:07 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut earlier - my mom's fever returned! She has had the fever for 6 days now and there really hasn't been much of a change. I don't think it's a virus but who knows! We have to play the waiting game until Monday so that she can get her blood work results and her sonogram results. I hope it's something simple where she can be given antibiotics or that it goes away on its own. We have Christmas cookies to bake this week! Otherwise, I'll be baking solo (oh boy) or not at all!
I'm sorry to read your mom's fever is back - praying all is well with her!

Old 12-16-2013, 04:08 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
What is snow cream?
Fresh, clean snow mixed with sweetened condensed milk and a bit of vanilla.