Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Christmas Tree for...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:19 PM
55,418 Views  0 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,064 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2003
By MMC Editor
06-11-2003 10:59 PM
40,292 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2009
By MMC Editor
06-11-2009 11:15 PM
45,369 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,562 Views  1 Posts

Old 02-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,474 Times in 9,043 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I love to pay it forward. The other day going through Starbucks, I did it for the five cars behind me. When the clerk asked if I wanted my receipt, I quickly said no!!! LOL! I admit I do it for selfish reasons--it feels wonderful to do so. When my four kids were younger, I could not have done it, but so many people helped ME out. I don't feel guilty when I can't do it every day; but I do feel great when I can! I think I told you guys about the young man who paid for our Valentine's Day dinner (can't remember if it were last year or the year before). He also paid for another couple's dinner at the same time, plus his own. That was so special, and I remembered how I felt. I just want others to have that same happy feeling. I honestly wish there were a way to do it more often and to pay it forward HERE!!! The best we can ALL do is to continue to treat each other with respect because paying it forward does not have to involve money--that's the good thing. We can offer our services to those who need them, use our talents. Like what Star and MC do and what CAH does when she babysits. Tutoring is another way to pay it forward!
Very nice, for being such a meany!!!

Ha ha! You know I'm kidding, just playing on what title you were given. You are a very sweet person!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post

I wish there were more people like you and our MMC friends in this world =]
Agreed! The whole world should be jolly like us. =)

Not any big weekend plans except to do some laundry and to continue organizing. It's about time! I now feel so great physically that I need to take advantage without overdoing it! Slow but steady wins the race, unless you are on the tracks "frequented" by Made and Coach, of course!!!
I get it now! I have been suffering "sympathy pains"! Now that you are feeling better, so am I!
Right now, none of my kids could monetarily afford to get me anything; but a phone conversation honestly makes my day! In addition, my kids are so respectful that my pride sometimes gets in my way! I better watch that!
I am the same way! One of the best Mother's Day gifts I got is when my kids and grandchildren showed up at my job (since I work Sunday-Mother's Day) and surprised me. No gifts, just a visit and we toured the store looking at the animals there. I now look forward to a visit each year. I actually enjoyed that more than any bought gift they gave me. I am working so hard then stop for a hug from all of my kids and a visit. Gets me back in the groove of working after they leave!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-15-2013), Christmasstar (02-15-2013), made582 (02-15-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Well the neurologist thinks my mom had a slight stroke. He said that it wouldn't show up in a cat scan for 36 hours unless it was massive. So they are going to do a MRI on her next Wednesday to see what it shows. Then they will decide what to do from there. He does think there is probably a little bit of neuropathy in her leg since she has been having problems with it going numb and tingling for a while but he doesn't think that it would have gotten that much worse that quick.

Her writing is a little better today and her balance is okay but she seems to shuffle her right foot instead of lifting it up when walking.
my mom went through the same thing back in October and is now doing great. She is off all meds and back to her old self again. She is 82 years old.
Let your mom know to follow all doctors orders and keep up the walking. Will pray that her recovery goes well.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-15-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-15-2013), made582 (02-15-2013), Meceka (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Doctors are only human, and they truly don't know everything; (the same with teachers, by the way, LOL!!!). I am with you, CAH. When I find it too hard to explain how I feel, I tend to research all the symptoms and then discuss it with my doctor. Two brains are better than one, most of the time, anyway!
Oh yeah! I love my doctor!!! He is awesome so I don't want anyone to think I was being critical of him. My situation is just a mystery! One thing he has said recently is that I'm underweight but then my stomach problems and food allergies keep me from being able to eat what I want to eat and have trouble eating a lot at once, then could lead to deficiencies that we can't quite pinpoint, etc. etc. etc. and on and on and on. You get the picture? lol! This is not over yet, still working out a few things, still doing a lot of research but I think I am headed in the right direction. So in a way, I have become my own doctor! =)

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-15-2013), Christmasstar (02-15-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

I had good energy today at the gym. At one point I started to feel a little sluggish and got a little concerned hoping it was temporary. After I rested a little and refueled with some water and snacks I was okay! In the past, NOTHING worked! I am being cautiously optimistic and hope it continues to get better!

Okay, enough of that! How are you all today? Got big weekend plans???

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-15-2013), mgramsey (02-18-2013), Ryan (02-15-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
my mom went through the same thing back in October and is now doing great. She is off all meds and back to her old self again. She is 82 years old.
Let your mom know to follow all doctors orders and keep up the walking. Will pray that her recovery goes well.
Great news on your mom! I am glad she is feeling well!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-15-2013), made582 (02-15-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
well, in a few minutes I am off to work again. Only hae to work until 9 tonight so a short night.

Have a great evening everyone!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-15-2013), made582 (02-15-2013), mgramsey (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Be sure to check out Made's thread! Exciting news!!!

QVC is getting ready for Christmas in July

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-15-2013), Christmas Knight (02-15-2013), Christmasstar (02-15-2013), made582 (02-15-2013), Ryan (02-15-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 03:15 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,445 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Thanks, CM3!! Nothing like getting a sweet complement from your friend!! The feeling is mutual! Xo

((((Hugs))))) back to you and Harlowe Jean !!! xoxxo - I will be writing you shortly (probably on FB) if that is okay !! xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-15-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,445 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
well, in a few minutes I am off to work again. Only hae to work until 9 tonight so a short night.

Have a great evening everyone!

Stay safe, Star and come back home to us !!!! xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-15-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 03:19 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,241 Times in 26,538 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
made, thinking of you & your Mom. I hope she continues to improve, and that you get more answers next Wednesday. She will remain in my prayers. Take good care, my friend. ((Hugs))
Thanks. They told us they won't have the results of the MRI until thursday afternoon. So it's going to be a long week.

It doesn't help that her insurance is terrible and they have to get the MRI pre approved. They could have gotten her in today if it wasn't for that.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!

Last edited by made582; 02-15-2013 at 03:31 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post: