Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,867
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,621 Times in 12,679 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
So close to the 200s!

Originally Posted by Binger View Post
309 days till LOVEMAS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Solice,
Praying for you, your family, and your FIL. What is the reasoning of not giving nourishment?

Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Good morning from Norway
Snowing today! I love it =)

Please still pray for my FIL, we dont know how many days he have left.
He is getting only painkillers and sedative now.
No nourishment at all.. Just laying there, waiting....
It's so terrible seeing him like that. His body is preparing for death.
And we....it's so unreal. I can't belive it's true! He is dying. Slowly. Painfully.
And his mind works 100%, and thats probobly the 'worst thing'...
Lying there dying, knowing it, and you cant communicate.
He is so frustrated and helpless...

Im sorry.. I just had to put it out there.... Thanx for reading..

Now, back to you guys and MMC.
Hope everyone is doing fine!
I have some posts to read - looking forward to that ♥
Old 02-17-2013, 10:51 AM

Last Achievements

I agree with you, Xmas. I guess I was born out of my time, too! I have my feet firmly planted in the 21st century, but I, too, yearn for a simpler time and life.

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I'm all for that.... Set a projector up, I'lll bring the popcorn all we would need then, would be some Lazyboys and some hot tea, lol....

I Love, just love to watch old movies, I yearn for the yester years but sadly, no one else here does in my home....So for the most part, I go without . My wife, kids and family has told me many time that I have an old soul, that well, I was sort of born out of my time.

I mean, I'm up on the times and electronics to a degree, but I really thrive for the simpler things in life....where life, family, values, faith, honesty, trust and simplicity is a key to the path of happiness. Now adays, "it's the all about me", fast pace, fast food, fast whatever lifestyles.... And for the movies and electronics, SD, HD, 3D, 4D, LED, LCD, plazma, projection, pixles per inch, Cat 6, USB, fiber optics, blue ray; ugggh when is enough enough?

Well, I do admit, at least with some things, they do look really nice but as with everything, it comes with a cost. Me, pass me the bowl of popcorn and put on an old movie like say, Captain Blood, Robin Hood, Ivanhoe, stagecoach, etc... I'm happy....
Old 02-17-2013, 10:52 AM

Last Achievements

They filmed Robin Hood at Bidwell Park in Chico, about 35 miles from here.

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Captain Blood is one of my all time favorites !! Nobody was ever more DASHING Than Errol Flynn !! xo
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM

Last Achievements

When my cupcakes arrive, you can enjoy them vicariously through me!!! I will definitely tell you how they taste!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
... "Please offer me all the goodies you can virtually on MMC so I can pretend to indulge"! Ha ha!

To everyone here, please enjoy all the good food out there on my behalf and talk about it as much as you want! I just loved seeing those yummy cupcakes posted by Jennifer. I can't eat them but they look good!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Last Achievements

Such a strong man you are!!!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
...I'm also going to pick up the house and MAYBE wash the truck and Wifey's car....just depends if it gets warm enough.

Talk to yall later....have a great day!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:59 AM

Last Achievements

Reminisce is a great magazine. Do they still print Reminisce Extra?

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I have always felt I was born at the wrong period of time, so I know what you are saying. Going to a store that was more concerned about customer service instead of what their shareholders think. I would love to work for something like Macy's out of Miracle On 34th Street, wearing a suit & tie, and feeling like you are part of something instead of just a number. The celebrity worship is out of hand, with the likes of people who do jack squat. Technology I don't get, my TV still has a tube. My favorite music is old, my taste in Christmas music is even older. I love looking at old pictures of days gone by, they seem to speak to me, I read copies of a magazine at work called Reminisce just because I was born 20-30 years after those ads or pictures I feel a kinship to it. Heck, I still read the newspaper daily. But, I can't be without the internet, go figure.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
@Solice...I am so sorry about the whole situation!!! I will pray for all of You...it is so heartbreaking when You have to watch loved ones suffer like this with no way to help...again I will pray for You and wish You all the strenght u need to go through this!!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-17-2013), Meceka (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:12 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I done three big loads of laundry and folded some and put it away...doesn´t seem like much...but Im still down with the influenza...so it is wearing me out...but I had to do it, to keep my mind busy from just thinking of other things

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-17-2013), made582 (02-17-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:25 AM

Last Achievements

It is a clear, sunshiney, breezy day here in northern California. Not much planned for today except to continue organizing. I watched They Wore the Red Suit last night on my new DVD player. When I retired, I received some gift cards, so I redeemed those and bought a portable DVD player. I am impressed. That way, I can watch my Christmas DVDs and Hubby can watch his other shows! I laughed when I saw the remote control that came with it! I also started watching Becoming Santa. I will finish watching it later today. Thanks for the recommendations!