Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,939
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan

Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 103,453 Times in 18,523 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good afternoon, MMC!

It has been a very long few days. After I logged out of here on Friday I received news that one of my friends was going into hospice. I called on Saturday to get the details of where and when so I could visit and found out she had already passed away - I'm still somewhat shocked. I knew she was ill, but the last update I had she was improving. Sunday evening the local NPR station airs a show called the Juke Joint - the first hour and a half was a tribute to G. It was so nice to hear some of her favorite songs.

Today I took Mouse to the vet's. She has been acting a bit off of late and hasn't been eating as much. She kept rubbing at her face, too. Her teeth are fine although her gumline is a bit on the red side. The vet said it was probably because of a piece of food that got caught in her teeth or else it was Palmer fighting with her. Mouse got two shots, a nail trim and a bottle of antibiotic I have to give her three times a day starting Wednesday. Poor baby was so scared during the whole ordeal. She is wandering the house, acting like she doens't know what to do with herself. She is eating again, though, so that is good. Palmer is shut in the bathroom in a time-out. I feel bad keeping her locked up today, but I want Mouse to relax after her ordeal and she won't if Palmer is on the loose, attacking her at every chance.

I am a bit wore out from stress - I plan on taking it easy for the rest of the day and might even take a nap. I feel as if I am getting over a major migraine.

The snow is melting fast right now, but I think there is more on the way along with much cooler temperatures. If we get enough forecast, I am going to find a pan to collect some snow in and make snow cream

Have a most MERRY day!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Meceka.
You are in my thoughts & prayers.
I am also praying for sweet little Mouse. Take good care of yourself, my friend. Hope you can get that nap in soon. (((Hugs))). Xo

Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,604 Times in 5,982 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I love me some Laurel and Hardy! What is your favorite one? Mine is Sons of the Desert. My favorite short they did is Helpmates. Stan can make me laugh like no one else.
As a longtime member of the Sons of the Desert and a former trivia champion---and having met my husband at a Sons convention---I've seen them all, and it's hard to choose! I do have a soft spot for "Sons of the Desert" (which, by the way, was named to the AFI's National Registry last year) and "The Music Box." Stan is a very funny guy, but also keep your eye on Ollie---especially his camera looks. Sadly, younger generations have never even heard of the boys. We love 'em in our house. We've been lucky enough to know Stan's daughter and to talk with her about her dad and her "Uncle Babe." She once got a phone call from a reporter who asked, "Am I speaking to the daughter of Laurel and Hardy?" (Think about it!) She has her dad's sense of humor. She once sent us a candy dispenser in the shape of a wooden horse. You press the tail and the candy comes out ... Well, you get the picture!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), made582 (02-18-2013), mgramsey (02-19-2013), Ryan (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,604 Times in 5,982 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
i dont even know what spanish peanuts are
I think they're salted peanuts with the skins on. Somebody correct me, I may be wrong.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,624 Times in 12,681 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That's right ,MC. I am going to get some later today. We used to buy them in a cellophane "tube" that was just the right size for a bottle of Pepsi! I think they were packaged by Tom's Peanuts.

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I think they're salted peanuts with the skins on. Somebody correct me, I may be wrong.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,624 Times in 12,681 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hmmm. Which one was the one who was supposed to have given birth--Laurel or Hardy? LOL! I remember the "camera look" and how sweet it was! (Sorry for mixing my metaphors, so to speak!)

As a longtime member of the Sons of the Desert and a former trivia champion---and having met my husband at a Sons convention---I've seen them all, and it's hard to choose! I do have a soft spot for "Sons of the Desert" (which, by the way, was named to the AFI's National Registry last year) and "The Music Box." Stan is a very funny guy, but also keep your eye on Ollie---especially his camera looks. Sadly, younger generations have never even heard of the boys. We love 'em in our house. We've been lucky enough to know Stan's daughter and to talk with her about her dad and her "Uncle Babe." She once got a phone call from a reporter who asked, "Am I speaking to the daughter of Laurel and Hardy?" (Think about it!) She has her dad's sense of humor. She once sent us a candy dispenser in the shape of a wooden horse. You press the tail and the candy comes out ... Well, you get the picture!

Old 02-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,520 Times in 2,974 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

You're a member of the Sons of the Desert?! That's great! I've long wanted to be, but do not believe there is one in my area. I was so happy last year when the Laurel and Hardy box set came out on DVD.
That is great that you know Lois! I have asked her a question, through a website where the fellow takes the emails to Lois and gets her response, then he types the answer back.

I'm only 32, and so many of the people my age have never seen any of their films or even heard of the boys in some cases! Stan could just say a line that shouldn't be funny on its own but the way he delivers it just cracks me up. And Ollie did have a way with his face.

It's always nice talking to someone who has the same taste in films and a passion for them. Hope some day our paths will cross as I bet the discussion would be great! I'm guessing you and your husband have a lot of info you could pass on!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), made582 (02-18-2013), Meceka (02-20-2013), MerryCarey (02-18-2013), mgramsey (02-19-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:13 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Don't beat yourself up over the mistake. A couple of weeks ago I sent out a letter for a meeting we hold every year...forgot to change a date...so I sent a letter inviting folks to a meeting in 2010! I was three years too late! Everyone does it...but I'm sorry they weren't very nice to you. I'm sure they make their fair share of mistakes!

Thanks Ryan...I am being EXTRA CAREFUL now with that account. I read your blogs and they are great ! I just wanted to tell you.

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-18-2013), Ryan (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,520 Times in 2,974 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Thanks Ryan...I am being EXTRA CAREFUL now with that account. I read your blogs and they are great ! I just wanted to tell you.
Thank you! I hope you have a good night.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), mgramsey (02-19-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:33 PM

caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Phew! What a busy weekend but it was all good. I feel a little beat up right now but will get up and around shortly. My mom and I will be going to the gym today so I hope my energy is there! She is 70 years old and outlast me every time. When I grow up I want to be just like my mommy.

Have a great day everyone!
Hope you had a great workout !! xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:34 PM

holly

Hello everyone. This is a short work week for me...just Monday and Tuesday. We are heading to the Great Wolf Lodge in Texas (hotel with indoor water slides and wave pool and stuff like that). My kids are so excited they can't stand it! My wife and I are, too! But, its always hard for me to be productive on short weeks, as I'm already in vacation mode.

I hope you all have a great week.

Hope you have a wonderful time !!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)