Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree Tips for Keeping Your...
By MMC Editor
08-30-2011 02:21 AM
65,637 Views  0 Posts
Korat Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:32 PM
47,412 Views  0 Posts
Fred Claus (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:47 PM
53,405 Views  0 Posts
Charles Dickens: A Merry...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:24 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
10-19-2013 09:51 PM
69,638 Views  1 Posts
Candygold Affordable Homemade...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:33 PM
51,482 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,843 Times in 2,712 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
(If I'm taking up too much time and space talking about vintage films lately, let me know and I'll start a separate thread ... it's my obvious weakness ... [blush])

The Universal Vault series will get low marks from me until they release some of Gloria Jean's Universal films. We know from our research that Universal has broadcast master tapes for at least two of her films that TCM has never aired and that have never been released as Vault DVDs. And they have film elements for all of her films co-starring a teenage Donald O'Connor, but have never released those to TCM or DVD. For shame, Universal! Time to let your hidden treasures out of the nitrate vault! The Warner Archive has even released the Mexican Spitfire comedies, but Universal is still sitting on some very charming, lively musicals made in the 1940s. (Deep breath, calm down!)

TCM is one of the main reasons we still pay for cable.

Trivia: The Topper films were made at the Hal Roach studios, home of Laurel & Hardy, Our Gang, Charley Chase, etc.
I never get tired of it! But I would be all for a classic movie thread. I love talking about them all, and learning about "new" ones I haven't seen. It sounds like you have a lot you could share!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (02-26-2013), caninemom3 (02-26-2013), MerryCarey (02-26-2013), mgramsey (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-26-2013), snowflake22 (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Good afternoon all! Big changes are ahead I see. I HATE change but since its on the best board in the world I will accept it and offer any hand I can. After all, if there was no MMC what the heck would we do? Go outside? hah. No, just kidding. I am here to help! All that aside, I have today off! I took monday and tuesday off to relax and get away from work. We all need to do that. I saw some left over Christmas goodies at Michaels when I was there yesterday. Nice to see them too. Carl bought them all and is putting them up at the Pines. Going to be a mashup of Christmas this week! Ashley (Wife) just had another root canal done. Yeesh. But she is doing well. William seems to have more and more to talk about these days. He keeps telling me what he will be for Halloween, lol, thats my BOY! Dad is doing much better now that his hip was replaced. A Winter storm is on its way this afternoon. Rain, Snow and everything in between! Well back I go to my movie! Have a great day everyone!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (02-26-2013), ballcoach (02-26-2013), Bullypup (02-26-2013), caninemom3 (02-26-2013), merrymistletoe (02-26-2013), mgramsey (02-26-2013), Ryan (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-26-2013), snowflake22 (02-26-2013), Solice (02-27-2013), xmas365 (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,843 Times in 2,712 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Okay MerryCarey and anyone else who is interested...I started a new vintage film thread...just in case we're cluttering up the countdown.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (02-26-2013), caninemom3 (02-26-2013), mgramsey (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-26-2013), snowflake22 (02-26-2013), Solice (02-27-2013), xmas365 (02-26-2013), xmastidings (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,137 Times in 12,622 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We have quite a stom headed into our area, looks like I may not get to drive the bus after all.
I did drive around the route to make sure I knew where to go and were the stops were. My green van is now grey!
Have to head over to the school and talk to the current driver and then come back here and get ready for work.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (02-26-2013), caninemom3 (02-26-2013), merrymistletoe (02-26-2013), Ryan (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-26-2013), snowflake22 (02-26-2013), Solice (02-27-2013), xmas365 (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,932 Times in 13,905 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The house is clean just in time to go pick up the boys, so the house won't be clean to long.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,238 Times in 5,586 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I never get tired of it! But I would be all for a classic movie thread. I love talking about them all, and learning about "new" ones I haven't seen. It sounds like you have a lot you could share!
Thank you ... To give credit where it's due, I learned most of what I know from my husband. And he's also the source of most of the never-released-to-video films that I've seen.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-26-2013), snowflake22 (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,238 Times in 5,586 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Okay MerryCarey and anyone else who is interested...I started a new vintage film thread...just in case we're cluttering up the countdown.
Thanks ... I've already rung in!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-26-2013), snowflake22 (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,454 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I didn't actually start watching SOA until after the 5th season ended in December. I watched trailers online and I decided to order the 1st season on DVD to see if I liked it. Let me tell you, it became an obsession!! I watched all 5 seasons within a month. I got worried because Season 5 wasn't on DVD, so I bought them through Amazon to watch.

I don't ride but I was seeing a guy a few months ago that did. He had 5 Harleys! I loved riding with him, it was so much fun!
were u able to find all the seasons on Amazon? please do tell?

Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Good Evening!

Thanks for all the good words, thoughts and prayers.
The funeral is on Friday.. It's going to be a tough day..

It's raining today. A lot!! Extreme rain!
We just had tacos for dinner, and when I'm finished my coffee
Im going out. Have to do some shopping - alone..

Hope YOU have a great day! =)
I will continue to pray for you & the family Solice!

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Thanks, Solice. I will have to put up with lymphedema forever!
please explain again what this is...

Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
Good afternoon all! Big changes are ahead I see. I HATE change but since its on the best board in the world I will accept it and offer any hand I can. After all, if there was no MMC what the heck would we do? Go outside? hah. No, just kidding. I am here to help! All that aside, I have today off! I took monday and tuesday off to relax and get away from work. We all need to do that. I saw some left over Christmas goodies at Michaels when I was there yesterday. Nice to see them too. Carl bought them all and is putting them up at the Pines. Going to be a mashup of Christmas this week! Ashley (Wife) just had another root canal done. Yeesh. But she is doing well. William seems to have more and more to talk about these days. He keeps telling me what he will be for Halloween, lol, thats my BOY! Dad is doing much better now that his hip was replaced. A Winter storm is on its way this afternoon. Rain, Snow and everything in between! Well back I go to my movie! Have a great day everyone!
good to hear Ashley is better. hope you enjoyed your extra time off from work.

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
The house is clean just in time to go pick up the boys, so the house won't be clean to long.
Isn't this how it always is?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:48 PM

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
During the 1930s, she was one of the best-known character actresses in American films, often playing tart-tongued spinsters. When asked why she played predominantly comedic roles, she replied, "With a horse's face, what more can I play?" However she was cast in such decidedly non-comedic films as Cimarron (1931), Ann Vickers (1933), A Tale of Two Cities (1935), David Copperfield (1935), and Romeo and Juliet (1936).

Remind me of the quote, please---I don't remember it just now.

59 was older then than it is now, I guess---from watching some of her films, you would guess she was older than she actually was. She had a great sense of comic timing, and could play drama as well. I guess she's my favorite character actress.

She was from Massachusetts, you know. Her real last name was Nutter!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 PM

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Oh, yes, the dog! Loved that show and thought Ann Jeffreys was gorgeous. She was from Goldsboro, NC.

There was a series of three films made between 1937 and 1941, then the TV series came along from 1953 to 1955. I haven't seen the TV series, but I think it had a dipsomaniac ghost of a St. Bernard?