Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity Part II:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:43 PM
58,642 Views  0 Posts
Santa in My Backyard
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:32 PM
43,729 Views  0 Posts
The Muppet Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:09 PM
49,665 Views  0 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,060 Views  0 Posts
A Forgotten Classic:...
By MerryCarey
07-26-2011 08:06 AM
Last post by MerryBells
07-31-2011 06:14 PM
2 Posts

Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,148 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by sprinkleshouse View Post
Hi everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been around in a few weeks but I have been completely tied up with school and I have finally finished my Bachelors Program with a BS in Information Systems whoo hoo!!! So I am taking a couple of weeks off before getting ready to start on my MBA. I hope you have all been having a wonderful time and staying safe in the snow The most activity we have had is some hail this afternoon. Have a great night everyone!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), Ryan (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,452 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Good morning everyone!

I've had a couple days away. I couldn't last much longer! I've been busy searching for permanent employment while at work. I have about two months left on my contract here, so I need to take some time every morning to search for other positions. So far there have been a few positions of interest. We'll see....

I would be re-missed if I did not say that yesterday was the first day that I could "feel" spring. It was still a little chilly, but the wind had that springtime freshness. It certainly is right around the corner. So close that we are "springing" our clocks ahead this weekend. I did not realize such until today.

Well, I hope everyone has a great Thursday. One more workday left after today. We are descending toward the weekend!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-07-2013), caninemom3 (03-07-2013), Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), merrymistletoe (03-07-2013), mgramsey (03-07-2013), Ryan (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,046 Times in 13,824 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ClaireLovesChristmas View Post
Morning all!!!

Hope this finds you all well, haven't been on for awhile, been so busy doing extra shifts at work and with general family life!!

Going to catch up on what I've missed, think this may take me a while hehe!!!

Have a great day!!!! xx
Nice to see you, Claire!!

Hope you're doing well!

We're down to 293 days!!! =)
Old 03-07-2013, 07:05 AM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I like your thinking.... Yup, I guess I will have to really pace myself from all that snow we got outside! Yea... I got up at 4:30 this morning, looked outside and saw some light snow coming down. So, I went downstairs, got my morning cup of Joe and turned on what else of course, None other than the Weatherchannel.

Well Lord behold, they were calling for 7"-14" of snow, exactly right over where I live... I about jumpped for joy. (Now of course, if you know me, then you would know that I have been hopeing for some snow all winter and this would finially be it)! So far this year and all of last year has been a complete bust for any snow.

So, I went outside and it was raining, and I took the wife to work and then I went to work myself. With baited breath, I have been looking out the window all day waiting for the snow, all it was doing was raining. I checked Accuweather, Foots forecast and the weatherbug, and they all said that right around noon, we were going to get dumped on. I left work, hurried up home, made a fire in the fireplace and turned on the TV to the weather channel and they had revised the forecast for my area to 5"-7" of snow. I looked outside and it was still raining.

I left the house went to pick up the wife and it was still raining. The idiots have completely gotten the entire weather forecast 100% wrong. Snow, what snow, all I see is rain, rain, rain.... I'm a little peeved right about now. For 5 days now, all they have been talking about was the impending storm, got everyone all worked up and what happend, nothing! I GOT A ROCK...... It was a bigtime bust of a snow event... Again, another yaer of no snow,,,I'm bummed out!

so what are you trying to say?
I can send you a truck load of snow, but you will have to stop with the rain thing first!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013), xmastidings (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I want to I want to !!!!!! Then I could give you the ((((Hugs)))) I have been saving for you !!! xo
sounds wonderful!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
Good a.m. My MC peeps!

how the heck are ya?
I've been pretty busy between work & home.
xmas, I hope the extra rest helps you feel beeter!

claireloveschristmas, it's so good to see you again! hope all is well & don't work too hard sweety!

CM3, sorry you couldn't sleep last night. you were just excited about the good news from the vet yesterday, weren't you?

I hope everyone is safe & warm in the snow storm.

ya' know how I've told y'all my job isn't the greatest? (fyi, I'm a florist) here's a prime example of why; I will start by saying that I cannot handle anyone harming a child or elderly person or anyone who is defenseless. I take it very personally (I guess that's the right word??) & cannot get it out of my head. I have to make a casket piece today for a 5 YEAR OLD!! this child is gone due to the horrific acts of an adult! I am in mourning for this child, deeply. I will not go into detail about it on here. I try to keep a Christian attitude about it, but I am finding it almost impossible to NOT want harm to come to this person. I do not know this person personally. unfortunately, I learn of this type of news all too often in this business. we are usually the 2nd call made, 1st the funeral home then us. if you go to my FB, go to my likes, click on Lancaster funeral home, then obits, you will see this beautiful little girl's pic. I hope that doesn't sound morbid. the only comfort I find right now is knowing the authorities have the person in custody & the little girl is in Heaven now, probably w/ little angel wings.

I will apologize now for this post, as I am afraid this maybe too much for some. I am extremely close to so many of you & feel as though I can talk to y'all. FB is not the same for me. THIS is my family.
please pray for this family in their time of deep sorrow.

my love for each of you abounds & again please accept my apologies for such a grim post.
That's so sad, merry. I understand how you feel. Sending good thoughts and prayers to you & the family of the little angel. Xo
Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Xmas, thinking of you!

Hope you're feeling much better today!!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,254 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That sounds wonderful !! Is this app only for Kindle or can iPad use it also ?? xo
You can get it for iPad---in fact, I was listening on my iPad as I posted!

I like my Kiindle a lot but I have a preference for my iPad
Same here! I liked my Kindle Fire, but my MIL got an iPad and was showing off everything she could do with it, so I caved in and bought one. It's my favorite toy!
Say, if you have an iPad, I'll have to call you on FaceTime sometime and we can have a video chat! I love having the capability, but don't have anyone to talk to. Same with the video hangouts and chat on Google+.

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Trying out posting from my Kindle Fire, got to get use to it sometime.
I bought a stylus to type with, and it was easier to hit the right "keys." But now I'm a traitor and use my iPad or laptop.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), Ryan (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post

ya' know how I've told y'all my job isn't the greatest? (fyi, I'm a florist) here's a prime example of why; I will start by saying that I cannot handle anyone harming a child or elderly person or anyone who is defenseless. I take it very personally (I guess that's the right word??) & cannot get it out of my head. I have to make a casket piece today for a 5 YEAR OLD!! this child is gone due to the horrific acts of an adult! I am in mourning for this child, deeply. I will not go into detail about it on here. I try to keep a Christian attitude about it, but I am finding it almost impossible to NOT want harm to come to this person. I do not know this person personally. unfortunately, I learn of this type of news all too often in this business. we are usually the 2nd call made, 1st the funeral home then us. if you go to my FB, go to my likes, click on Lancaster funeral home, then obits, you will see this beautiful little girl's pic. I hope that doesn't sound morbid. the only comfort I find right now is knowing the authorities have the person in custody & the little girl is in Heaven now, probably w/ little angel wings.

I will apologize now for this post, as I am afraid this maybe too much for some. I am extremely close to so many of you & feel as though I can talk to y'all. FB is not the same for me. THIS is my family.
please pray for this family in their time of deep sorrow.

my love for each of you abounds & again please accept my apologies for such a grim post.
This is so disturbing ... but don't apologize for sharing it with us. Spider Robinson says that shared grief is diminished, and shared joy is increased---a good definition of MMC. Take comfort in knowing that she will appreciate the beauty and blessings and tears that you put into her casket piece.

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Yes, I guess I am pouting a bit....(Bigtime have the lower lip sticking out);
My mom used to say, "Don't pout like that, or a little bird will come along and perch on your lip!"

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), merrymistletoe (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013), xmastidings (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Not much snow overnight, but it's here this morning! It's supposed to fall throughout today and tonight. The roads were just wet when I came to work, but I'm worried about their deteriorating during the day. Cross your fingers that I may be able to get out of here early today before the roads are snow-covered and crowded. The temp is right around freezing, so while the falling snow makes a pretty picture, I'd rather be seeing it out of my own windows instead of the office's. (And the heat isn't working right here today.)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-07-2013), caninemom3 (03-07-2013), Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), merrymistletoe (03-07-2013), mgramsey (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)