Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,322 Views  0 Posts
Candygold Affordable Homemade...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:33 PM
51,485 Views  0 Posts
The Twelve Days of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:06 PM
48,585 Views  0 Posts
It's the Gift, Not the...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:38 PM
36,294 Views  0 Posts
Jimmy Scarecrow's...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:57 PM
66,829 Views  0 Posts

Old 03-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,141 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
Good a.m. My MC peeps!

how the heck are ya?
I've been pretty busy between work & home.
xmas, I hope the extra rest helps you feel beeter!

claireloveschristmas, it's so good to see you again! hope all is well & don't work too hard sweety!

CM3, sorry you couldn't sleep last night. you were just excited about the good news from the vet yesterday, weren't you?

I hope everyone is safe & warm in the snow storm.

ya' know how I've told y'all my job isn't the greatest? (fyi, I'm a florist) here's a prime example of why; I will start by saying that I cannot handle anyone harming a child or elderly person or anyone who is defenseless. I take it very personally (I guess that's the right word??) & cannot get it out of my head. I have to make a casket piece today for a 5 YEAR OLD!! this child is gone due to the horrific acts of an adult! I am in mourning for this child, deeply. I will not go into detail about it on here. I try to keep a Christian attitude about it, but I am finding it almost impossible to NOT want harm to come to this person. I do not know this person personally. unfortunately, I learn of this type of news all too often in this business. we are usually the 2nd call made, 1st the funeral home then us. if you go to my FB, go to my likes, click on Lancaster funeral home, then obits, you will see this beautiful little girl's pic. I hope that doesn't sound morbid. the only comfort I find right now is knowing the authorities have the person in custody & the little girl is in Heaven now, probably w/ little angel wings.

I will apologize now for this post, as I am afraid this maybe too much for some. I am extremely close to so many of you & feel as though I can talk to y'all. FB is not the same for me. THIS is my family.
please pray for this family in their time of deep sorrow.

my love for each of you abounds & again please accept my apologies for such a grim post.
she was a cutie, so very sad that anyone would want to hurt a small child. My prayers are with the mom as she deals with this.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), merrymistletoe (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013), xmastidings (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,141 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
CM3, you were asking to see a recent picture of Gomez. Here is a picture of our 4 boys instead.

from left to right,

Sidney, Merlin, Gomez, and Alex
what a beautiful bunch!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), merrymistletoe (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 40,366 Times in 6,321 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good a.m. My MC peeps!

how the heck are ya?

claireloveschristmas, it's so good to see you again! hope all is well & don't work too hard sweety!

CM3, sorry you couldn't sleep last night. you were just excited about the good news from the vet yesterday, weren't you?

ya' know how I've told y'all my job isn't the greatest? (fyi, I'm a florist) here's a prime example of why; I will start by saying that I cannot handle anyone harming a child or elderly person or anyone who is defenseless. I take it very personally (I guess that's the right word??) & cannot get it out of my head. I have to make a casket piece today for a 5 YEAR OLD!! this child is gone due to the horrific acts of an adult! I am in mourning for this child, deeply. I will not go into detail about it on here. I try to keep a Christian attitude about it, but I am finding it almost impossible to NOT want harm to come to this person. I do not know this person personally. unfortunately, I learn of this type of news all too often in this business. we are usually the 2nd call made, 1st the funeral home then us. if you go to my FB, go to my likes, click on Lancaster funeral home, then obits, you will see this beautiful little girl's pic. I hope that doesn't sound morbid. the only comfort I find right now is knowing the authorities have the person in custody & the little girl is in Heaven now, probably w/ little angel wings.

I will apologize now for this post, as I am afraid this maybe too much for some. I am extremely close to so many of you & feel as though I can talk to y'all. FB is not the same for me. THIS is my family.

my love for each of you abounds & again please accept my apologies for such a grim post.
I can't imagine how difficult this must be, sending prayers your way.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HomemakinGirl For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), merrymistletoe (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello everyone. I hope you all are having a great Thursday. My son has strep throat and tomorrow is his birthday. He was sick last year on his birthday and had to cancel his party. So, I'm hoping he's better and that he can have a fun time.

Today is supposed to be in the 60s and tomorrow may be up to the 70s with possible thunder storms heading our way Saturday. Spring may have arrived in Oklahoma. Our winter's don't last long.
I feel so bad when the kids are sick, especially on their birthday. My daughter was in bed sick with the flu on her 16th birthday. I really hope your son is feeling better very soon!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HomemakinGirl For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
CM3, you were asking to see a recent picture of Gomez. Here is a picture of our 4 boys instead.

from left to right,

Sidney, Merlin, Gomez, and Alex
Too cute! I have two, my boy looks a lot like your Alex.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HomemakinGirl For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,444 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good morning! Well we didn't get any snow overnight but it is beginning to fall lightly now and it looks so pretty. They say we will have a mix of rain and snow with high winds.The heavier snow may come later tonight. We'll see. If it's not raining after I get the girls off to school I will walk the dogs. Not too much else planned for today, just typical daily chores. I was all prepared to stay in today because of the weather so I don't have any errands to run. I hope everyone has a great day!

Very nice to see you again. I hope you get the snow you want !! xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,245 Times in 7,243 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by lauriebear View Post
Hi everyone, just stopping by for a quick hello!!!

Hope you are all doing well, miss you all.

TTYL
LB
Hi, LB - have a MERRY day!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-07-2013), Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,943 Times in 13,815 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello everyone. I hope you all are having a great Thursday. My son has strep throat and tomorrow is his birthday. He was sick last year on his birthday and had to cancel his party. So, I'm hoping he's better and that he can have a fun time.

Today is supposed to be in the 60s and tomorrow may be up to the 70s with possible thunder storms heading our way Saturday. Spring may have arrived in Oklahoma. Our winter's don't last long.
Hope your son feels better! Early Happy Birthday wishes to him!!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM

caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Good a.m. My MC peeps!

how the heck are ya?

(((((MerryMistletoe))))) You don't need to apologize !! I feel the same way. It is a little different I know, but when I am typing reports and the person is so sick and they are in hospice and especially if they do not want to die, it always makes me sad. We cannot help but become involved emotionally sometimes even with folks we don't know. I think that is one of the reasons we love Christmas so much - because we are more emotional than other folks. I will pray for this little one's family xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), merrymistletoe (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM

holly

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Yes, I guess I am pouting a bit....(Bigtime have the lower lip sticking out); Thank you for your kind heart...I needed this~

No problem !!! Always willing to share Christmas and snow even if it is only a picture !! xo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (03-07-2013), made582 (03-07-2013), Seawaters (03-07-2013), snowflake22 (03-07-2013), xmas365 (03-07-2013), xmastidings (03-07-2013)