Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,666 Times in 14,904 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
First ultrasound today and found out that we are at 12 weeks....

Whoa, whoa, whoa......12 weeks? We jsut found out 5 weeks ago....so during Christmas....Wifey conceived a little one????? Do what? As a matter of fact, we think the baby might have been conceived during the week of Christmas...really close to Christmas (but that's enough info, you don't want to peek that closely).....

Sweet. A Christmas baby....what a gift.

As they are doing the ultrasound....what do we see? Here goes the those few great moments.....

Ballcoach is sitting there taking video on his iphone, when he realizes that he and wifey want some pictures too....so he changes to camera mode....takes a couple of pictures...and as he looks at his iphone....he spreads his eyes and squints....to make sure he sees what he think he sees....realizes there is a much larger screen he can look at...hears his wife sob....immediately switches his eyes to the big screen...and the nurse goes uhoh....Ballcoach says with a raised voice....is that what I think it is? is that what I think it is? Wifey goes please don't tell him...please....and the nurse says it looks like a

boy!!!!!!!!

but she goes on to say I can't officially say that right now...ballcoach begs and pleads....please tell me I can go buy a glove...give me a breadcrumb....and she says I can't....

But I know what I saw....so does Wifey...and so does nurse....

and I just finished another milestone day in my life...

and I feel I don't deserve to be so happy....to have all these blessings....

and as I look at these pictures here tonight....the video of the baby moving...hearing the heartbeat...I realize something...almost profound....

My heart will never be in my body again....my heart will always be this child...
What a special moment, thank you for telling us about it.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
Wow! It's so great! It made me smile and really start waiting for Christmas. :] Thank you for posting this.

Sometimes it happens this way that you don't really feel like sleeping a required amount of time. ^^ Hope you enjoyed your breakfast. :]

And merry and nice weekend everyone on MMC!
Great to see you back!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Crown 84 View Post
Binger and I would agree.
And CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good morning everyone!
It's going to be sunny and in the mid 40's today. I am going to go for my morning walk with the dogs in a few minutes. Not too much planned for today. Maybe a trip to the mall to look for a birthday gift for my mom. Her birthday is Tuesday and I have no idea what I want to get her. But first I have to food shop, I have nothing in the house. Can't believe the amount of food these teenagers eat!
I hope everyone has a great day!
That scares me with my boys, they already eat a ton and they are only 4 and 7. We were watching Wreck It Ralph yesterday my wife and I both fell asleep while watching it, and LC (4y/o) almost ate a WHOLE bag of Doritos. I can't want to see how much they eat when they become teens.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Good morning still everyone!!! I cooked breakfast for Brandi since she had a rough week at school. This is a tough semester for her. She has decided to take a year off next year and I am kind of happy about that just because she is so tense and I think moving to Utah is going to be a huge change for her. she is from the northeast but came here for college..Anyway we will save money from not having to pay the preschool and I get a pretty good cost of living increase too so we will be okay(as long as our home sales here!)

Anyhow me and snowball are getting ready to take a nap since we have been up all night,he loves jumping up on my bed and laying between me and brandi...Brandi tells her friends she is married to snowball too...jokeingly she says "I am 3rd in this marriage" luckily she loves dogs as much as me otherwise it would be a problem for a 125 pound dog to jump in between us in bed.lol have a great day friends!!!
Daycare costs are very rough, that is why I became a stay at home dad for a few years. The preschool/daycare costs are still about 10% of our take home pay, next year will be a bit different when LC starts kindergarten.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!!! It's going to be a great day here with a high in the low 50's and just a slight chance of rain. Then the rain arrives tomorrow. I don't have much planned for today. I'm pretty sure I've got a sinus infection and the whole left side of my face is all swollen up. So I'm going to call my sister's SIL and see if she will call me in some meds so I don't have to go to the walk in clinic. It's kind of nice to have a nurse practitioner in the family. I'm also super excited because I just saw this morning that Harbor Freight is opening up a store about 5 miles up the road from me!! I love that place. I remember when they opened up the one by the autozone that I use to work at. I was over there everyday at lunch. The employees knew me by name. I use to laugh and tell them that I live by the philosophy that you can never have to many tools!!! My aunt might dispute that though since most of mine are stored in her garage. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!
I hope you are feeling better.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,269 Times in 5,920 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Unless they are magic glasses, I fear I will still see what I always have.....xoxo
Put on your MMC magic glasses and see what we see. Please.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-09-2013), gabulldawg (03-09-2013), Meceka (03-09-2013), Seawaters (03-11-2013), whitney37354 (03-11-2013), xmas365 (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Good afternoon,

Lunch is beckoning, I woke up feeling better, but it has been a slow spiral downward as my head is pounding and the cough is not letting up. I have my Bruins on at 1pm, so that will be fun for me.
Time for my leftover Philly steak and cheese.

Have a great day!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,616 Times in 7,651 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Thanks, Meceka!!

Hope you're enjoying your day too!

What are you most excited about @ the estate sale?
I love going to them! So neat to see people's treasures.

I didn't know @ the Rizzoli & Isles series. They must be good if you're on book 4!

Hugs to you, Mouse, and Palmer, friend!! Xo
Hi, snowflake! There was no preview online - I was looking forward to finding some Fire King - no such luck. The sale was a bust. The best part was chatting in line with one of the ladies I met at the Mission store
I hope you are having a great weekend!! Hugs for you and Harlowe from Mouse, Palmer and I!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-09-2013), gabulldawg (03-09-2013), Seawaters (03-11-2013), xmas365 (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,269 Times in 5,920 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post

and as I look at these pictures here tonight....the video of the baby moving...hearing the heartbeat...I realize something...almost profound....

My heart will never be in my body again....my heart will always be this child...
ballcoach, you are already more than a father---
you're a Daddy! Bless you!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-09-2013), gabulldawg (03-09-2013), Meceka (03-09-2013), Seawaters (03-11-2013), xmas365 (03-09-2013)