Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,959
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,308)
Welcome to our newest member, richintampa

Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,572 Times in 13,329 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Good afternoon everyone! I just got back from the Dr..bad news...He did an A1c test on me.it tells how high your blood sugar has been for the last 3 months. Mine came back very high and said that mine has averaged 335. since Christmas! yikes no wonder I have had no energy and have felt like I was knockin on heavens doors. your blood sugar should never be above 120 btw so 335 is like go check into the hospital before you go into a diebetic coma. I took the rest of the day off to contemplate my next step.But anyways hope everyone is having a good day. I will ttyl!
not good, take care of yourself and do what you have to! Praying for you

Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,343 Times in 15,067 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by frostyman View Post
Haven't been around much lately, feeling sort of blah. Looking forward to Spring so I can plant my seedlings outside. I hope everyone is doing well!
Hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by frostyman View Post
Haven't been around much lately, feeling sort of blah. Looking forward to Spring so I can plant my seedlings outside. I hope everyone is doing well!
best place ever to chase away your blahs!!
Glad to see you back again.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,731 Times in 7,674 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Rough day today. A friend of mine's 17 year old son hung himself this morning. Our son has played baseball with/against him since t-ball. You never know what is going on inside a teenagers mind. His parents had no idea how much he was really struggling with their divorce.

Prayers for the family would be much appreciated.
That is so sad - my prayers are on the way!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-12-2013), Christmasstar (03-12-2013), gabulldawg (03-12-2013), mgramsey (03-12-2013), Seawaters (03-12-2013), snowflake22 (03-12-2013), xmas365 (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 PM

Last Achievements

Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Hi Meceka !!! xoxo

Hi CM3!!! {{{HUGS}}}

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-12-2013), Christmasstar (03-12-2013), gabulldawg (03-12-2013), Seawaters (03-12-2013), snowflake22 (03-12-2013), xmas365 (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 01:22 PM

Last Achievements

a friend posted this picture on Facebook, thought all of you who love your pets would love to have one of these for their comfort

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...90802272_n.jpg
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Good evening, everyone! What a Monday it has been! This time change will have me dragging for a good week or so. I swear it felt as if I didn't sleep a wink last night. It's funny that one hour can throw your sleep schedule off entirely. I started back at college today, I was on spring break last week. My friends all have their spring break next week, so I didn't get to do much of anything. The weather was cold and snowy anyway, so I just took the time to relax when I wasn't working. I started another class today in addition to all of my others, it'll be for the remainder of the semester. According to my professors, it is the hardest class that is offered at my college. It doesn't seem too bad to me, though. It is writing intensive but I am very good at writing papers. Nothing has been exciting around here at all. My pap unfortunately seems to be getting worse each day. He lost his sense of taste and smell entirely. I am afraid he won't get both back. Like I said, it's been boring around here! I have the Bachelor finale tonight - at least something interesting is on to watch!
Hi, Jennifer! It is good to see you - I will keep praying for your Pap!

caninemom3 (03-12-2013), Christmasstar (03-12-2013), gabulldawg (03-12-2013), Seawaters (03-12-2013), snowflake22 (03-12-2013), xmas365 (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I forgot to mention in my other post - I think I am getting a toothache or that I might have a cavity....ugh!!! Send some good thoughts my way that I don't! Have I ever mentioned how much I hate going to the dentist? My tooth was a little sensitive last night to cold + sore in general and I thought I could feel a little hole when I ran my tongue on my tooth. I always take really good care of my teeth though and I have never had a cavity, so I kind of doubt and I really hope that's not it!
I hope this finds your tooth pain-free!

Old 03-12-2013, 01:39 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
WOW! I have not been here in a week and when I signed in I was bombarded by lots of snowballs! I owe quite a few of you a snowball in return! Got a few private messages to return as well. I will get to them soon!

It has been busy around here, also both Wayne and I have been dealing with colds. The colds are gone but then dealing with the fatigue trying to get energy back.

My dad had us all a little scared with his health last week. He has been dealing with a mild form of leukemia for 10 years. It has been stable for about 9 years with the help of chemo he took 10 years ago. The doctor knew for sure he would have to go back on chemo with his last check up (last week) but instead he said that his blood work made a DRASTIC improvement, better than he has seen in 9 years! NO CHEMO! AMEN! He told my dad whatever he is doing to keep it up. A few of you knew about this and prayed. THANKS!

The grandkids will be here all week, Spring Break. I will be busy but try to be on here more.

I MISS YOU ALL!!!
Nice to see you, CAH!! I'm so glad your dad is doing so good - will keep praying for him!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-12-2013), Christmasstar (03-12-2013), gabulldawg (03-12-2013), Seawaters (03-12-2013), snowflake22 (03-12-2013), xmas365 (03-12-2013), xmastidings (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 01:41 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good evening~

Thank you everyone for thinking about Harlowe today!!

She was a trooper at the vet. I really liked her new doctor, she was very informative & spent a lot of time with us.

We will get her blood work back soon. I'm hopeful that all is good. Originally, it was going to be just for heart worm checking, but they offered to do full labs for just a little more $, so we took them up on it. I want to make sure her liver function is stable, after our scare awhile back. Please keep her in your prayers.

Other than that, my heart rate is back to normal, LOL. I always get so nervous to take her to the vet. She must have bad memories, because she shakes like a leaf She was so excited when we all left together!

I think we will just lay low tonight, and watch TV. So exhausted!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Xo
I'm so glad Harlowe's vet trip went well!