Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Christmas Apps

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Magic of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:12 PM
55,809 Views  0 Posts
The Angel Twin
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:42 PM
Last post by lauriebear
08-17-2011 01:52 PM
52,085 Views  2 Posts
Questions from a First...
By MMc Editor
06-11-2002 05:00 PM
59,957 Views  0 Posts
"The Boy with the Box"...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:17 AM
0 Posts
Annual Survey of...
By MMC Editor
09-16-2013 08:19 AM
Last post by icetene33
10-21-2013 04:04 PM
19,320 Views  2 Posts

Old 01-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,557 Times in 3,708 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
This is so cool George !! I will do that....the only thing is that I wanted your autograph too and I can't get that with an app !
No... you'd have to get the comics directly from me on my site or if you see me at a comic book convention... I'm quirky that way...
caninemom3 (01-10-2013), ChristmasSpirit76 (06-27-2013), Christmasstar (07-16-2013), Ryan (08-06-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,096 Times in 122 Posts
iliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elf
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
One app I failed to mention is Christmas time machine. It's a video app that plays old Christmas commercials and clips from Christmas episodes of sitcoms. Who remembers the old Coca Cola commercials? Really took me back
I found this this year and was addicted to it. Watched pretty much every video for the years of my childhood.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iliam For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-10-2013), ChristmasSpirit76 (06-27-2013), Christmasstar (07-16-2013), snowflake22 (06-27-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,096 Times in 122 Posts
iliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elfiliam is a good elf
I'll throw my hat in the ring as I have a folder of Christmas apps. I'll mention only the one not listed already.

"Let's Create Christmas"-allows you to create virtual ornaments
"JL Advent Calendar 2011:- hasn't been updated but still works as an advent calendar. Has a great St. Ives feel to it
"Xmas Radio"-a christmas radio app
"A Christmas Carol by Padworxs"-an awesome abridged version of the classic which has a Steam punk vibe and is interactive.
"WDW Christmas Photo A Day"- Great for Walt Disney world Christmas Photos.

I'm constantly looking for more so I will update as I find them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iliam For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-10-2013), ChristmasSpirit76 (06-27-2013), Christmasstar (07-16-2013), snowflake22 (06-27-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Every year right after Christmas I start looking online for Christmas apps to download for the next season. It helps with post Christmas blues. My current favorites are Sleeps until Christmas, Holiday shopping list and Santa GPS. That may seem silly for a 40 year old man but I can't help it. Anyone else enjoy Christmas apps? And what's some of your favorites?
Well I don't think it sounds silly for a 38 year old me! I do the same thing as well! I was so bummed last Christmas.....on the 26th I was perusing my phone and had forgotten to use any of the apps I had downloaded throughout last year.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sublimesting For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-10-2013), ChristmasSpirit76 (06-27-2013), Christmasstar (07-16-2013), snowflake22 (06-27-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Christmas Star
Last Achievements

ChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry disposition
These are all great, I wonder if they work on Kindle fire? I hope so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasSpirit76 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-16-2013), snowflake22 (06-27-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Christmas Star
Last Achievements

ChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasSpirit76 has shown a merry disposition
Not a Christmas app, per se... but if you download a Cloud 9 Comix app, you'll have access to many of my Cool Yule Christmas Comics for festive holiday reading year round...

Do you know if this works on the Kindle Fire?

The Following User Says Thank You to ChristmasSpirit76 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-16-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Hi Slim, and welcome again to the Christmas family and MMC !! I LOVE Christmas apps !!! I have one called "Zen Of Snow" on both my iPod and my iPad !!
I just watched a youtube video of this app. Looks great but I don't really want to keep shaking my phone. does it have auto-snow?
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
The Following User Says Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-16-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
Anyone with reviews of android Christmas apps? Especially looking for those with sane permissions that don't include full access to my phone list, read state and identify, etc...
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (07-14-2013), Christmasstar (07-16-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
I just watched a youtube video of this app. Looks great but I don't really want to keep shaking my phone. does it have auto-snow?
Yes, that's the default. (At least on iPhone.) The ability to "shake it up" is a sort of extra.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-16-2013), HollyJolly (07-15-2013), snowflake22 (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Last Achievements

Alas, iphone only..no android.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-16-2013), snowflake22 (07-15-2013)