Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Mardi Gras » Mardi Gras on your Block!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Mardi Gras It lands on February 24th this year -- what are your plans? Celebrate with us!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Mardi Gras on your Block!

So - as many of you know - we are originally from La. We have since moved to the DC area... While up here though we have come in contact with many folks from La.
We found an annual crawfish boil for all the old La School Alumni... and a Great Mardi Gras parade we walk or float in each year... right outside of DC in Clarendon. Its not huge - like home - but it does the trick for a little taste. We also have several stores that sell KingCakes, Bread Pudding, Abita Beer... etc during the season...
We also decorate the inside and outside of our house for MG...
We will be having a small Mardi Gras Dinner this week for some of my wife's friends from work.

So my question to you all is what does your area do (or do they) for Mardi Gras? Anything at all?

Post pics if you like!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,276 Times in 13,281 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Toronto has a mardi gras parade and festivities every year, but it is not something we have ever participated in or even think about celebrating.
How about snow shoe golf or ice hotels? We do that when weather permits.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-06-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,823 Times in 1,097 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Sadly, the only Mardi Gras experience in my area is watching the NOLA Parade Webcam. Maybe I can make a Mardi Gras collar for my dog.
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,854 Times in 1,630 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Not a whole lot in the Philly 'burbs! We will, however, be getting some donuts and I will be eating all the sweets I can handle on Fat Tuesday! Giving up sweets for Lent - ahhh!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,986 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I don't personally do anything for Mardi Gras but our church this weekend will have game night with a Mardi Gras theme. I am not sure we will be able to make it but if we do I will post back to tell you how it went. I am positive it will not be as wild as it is in New Orleans!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,187 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I don't know anyone who does anything for it really. we usually eat a special meal of some kind
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
to my knowledge Mardi Gras is now, right now? it is what we call carnival over here in Germany....just been partying today will continue thru Tuesday when it ends....Wednesday it is a mourning day for all Carneval lovers......over here we are in disguises just like You are on Halloween.....scary, funny, stupid...of course people drink a lot....but most stay civil....dancing, singing and on....on Monday the three biggest parades in Germany for Carnival will take place in Mainz (40mins away from me), Cologne and Düsseldorf......hundreds of thousand people will be there to watch the parades....plus there so many small, small parades and parties....it is not countable......the more You go down south in Germany....the more people will be dresses as witches and wizards and scary stuff....it goes into the direction of scarring away demons and stuff like that...that is the thought behind it.....I love Carnival and Kandice has started dancing on the kids dance group of my old carnival club.....so we are very proud.......the chant for it in my area is Helau.....in Cologne they yell Allaaf....in Mannheim they yell Ahoi.....and there are plenty more chants all over the place

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-10-2013)