Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Crew > Christmas Crew > Archived > Sponsors > ChristmasLightsEtc » Christmas Lights Etc Christmas Tree Lights Up Holiday Dreams on Ice

My Merry Christmas Announcement

ChristmasLightsEtc Christmas items for sale or auction from ChristmasLightsEtc.com

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 AM
MMC's Christmas Shopper

ElfBot Shopper has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Tree Lights Up Holiday Dreams on Ice

A prelit Christmas tree lit up the night on 12/16 in Christopher Morley Park in Roslyn, NY. Olympic figure skating fans witnessed a magical night as Johnny Weir, a three time US National Champion and two time Olympian, joined Holiday Dreams on Ice to create an unforgettable Olympic figure skating event.

Johnny Weir and Christmas Tree
Holiday Dreams on Ice 2012

Holiday Dreams on Ice is produced by Fireworks Sports Marketing, an event and sports talent company. Young skaters of various skill sets participate with older role models in a spectacular skating event surrounded by holiday decorations. Holiday Dreams on Ice is considered an Olympic figure skating show, and this year the star of the show was Olympian Johnny Weir.

Holiday Dreams on Ice also featured Emily Hughes, a 1 time Olympian and 2007 US National Silver Medalist. She is the sister of 2002 Olympic Gold Medalist Sarah Hughes.

Olympic Skater and Christmas Decorations
Lighting of the Christmas Tree

While Johnny Weir was the star of the show with his unique routine and skating style, the finale featured a less traditional star: a 14' Douglas Fir Christmas tree. The grand finale culminated with the lighting of the Douglas Fir tree, its bright, clear lights welcoming the Christmas season and delighting the audience.

Christmas Lights Etc is proud that Holiday Dreams on Ice chose from our premium artificial tree line to be featured in the show. We're even more proud that a celebrity like Johnny Weir loved it! With the bright Douglas Fir tree shining as Olympic figure skating took place, it truly was a holiday dream.

Johnny Weir will skate in the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, alongside fierce competition, and we canít wait to see him. Give it a watch and cheer on your US 2014 Olympic team! For your own 14í Douglas tree - or any other lifelike artificial Christmas tree - browse our selection of artificial trees and find which tree you like best!

More...