Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Does anybody think you're weird for being on MMC...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 06-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

MonsterMasher has shown a merry dispositionMonsterMasher has shown a merry dispositionMonsterMasher has shown a merry dispositionMonsterMasher has shown a merry dispositionMonsterMasher has shown a merry disposition
No one really knows I post on here or check out Halloween & Christmas things year round (iPod apps, podcasts, movies, message boards, etc....) But they always look at Christmas as that one stressful time of the year and prefer not to talk or think about it so I keep to myself, lol. My girlfriend knows how much I love Halloween but she doesn't know about this Forum.

Honestly, I kinda like it that way though, I like having a place to go to discuss this stuff with others who share my love for it, lol, But there's nothing wrong with being weird
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMasher For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (07-30-2013), Ryan (08-06-2013), snowflake22 (06-23-2013)
Old 07-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My husband knows my love for all things Christmas so my coming here just seemed a pretty normal thing to him.

As for everyone else? Well, it's never really come up but I'm sure they'd think me odd if they knew. But they think that anyway.
'Tis the season (07-30-2013), DoubleA (07-30-2013), Festive Spirit (07-30-2013), Ryan (08-06-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,344 Times in 2,948 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I've posted here before but more people now know of my involvement with MMC so I thought I'd update.

My wife sort of thought it was wired for a while, and commented that I check in quite a bit (now that I have a smart phone, MMC can go everywhere with me). But she doesn't mind and she knows my love of all things Christmas, although she is not a Christmas lover like I am.

She does think I'm strange for how early I begin listening to Christmas music but she just knows its part of who I am.

Others have seen my "likes" of various MMC post on Facebook and so I have a reputation as a Christmas "nut," but I'm okay with it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-09-2013), made582 (08-31-2013), XmasDreams (08-06-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

okcguy1976 has shown a merry disposition
I haven't been posting here often (yet), but most people that know me know that I love Christmas. I am often surprised by how many grinches there are out there. A lot of people kind of groan about Christmas. But I figure, everyone has their thing(s) that other people just don't get. I really don't care if people think I am weird for being a Christmas fanatic. Plus, I have even weirder interests that people give me a hard time about (I am a home fragrance fanatic)...so the Christmas thing is just one more thing they can add to the weird list about me. Someone posted earlier in this thread that they are getting too old to care what most people think, and I think I am getting to that place now. We're all weird in some way. Embrace it, I say!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to okcguy1976 For This Useful Post:
Jeff Westover (08-31-2013), made582 (08-31-2013), Ryan (08-31-2013)