Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » What December activities do you look forward too?

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,717)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Up in Flames
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:26 PM
47,937 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Dress
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:40 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-20-2013 05:09 PM
1 Posts
History of the Candy Cane
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:13 PM
53,929 Views  0 Posts
I Always Felt So Special
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:20 PM
45,450 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:22 PM
60,911 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

MerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry disposition
Hmmm. Tough one! I love threads like these, it's so fun to read what everyone loves about Christmas!

1. Turning on the Radio and realizing that 106.7 is 24/7 Christmas music! It's sort of like, i know I start the season the day after Halloween, but since the radio does now too, i'm not crazy! Lol.

2. Gingerbread Houses! My mom and I always decorate one. And we always go over the top! Last year was our largest one EVER! If we didn't use the dining room table for Christmas Dinner, you know we would use that! If you haven't checked out my Gingerbread house thread, you can find a picture of last years house!

3. Cooking/Baking. I love cooking, and so does everyone else in my family, so you can bet thats one of our favorite things about the holidays! And even though my Brother-In-Law is an actual Baker at Market Street, I'm numero uno Baker in my house!

4. Seeing My Nephew's Eyes Light Up. I'm the baby of the family, so I never had anyone younger than me as a baby brother/sister. But ever since he was born (all american, blonde haired, blue eyed) I've loved him deeply - And, i used to be his favorite person in his world. Except i've been up-ed by my older brother, because now that he lives in Ohio, he never see's his uncle, so, guess who's favorite now? - and It's still such a joy to see his eyes glow up when he opens a really cool gift. (last year it was his first bike, from Santa... or His Grandma and Papa... I can't remember)

5. Christmas Movies. I may listen to Christmas songs all year, but the Christmas movies are boxed up with the decorations, so I don't get them until the day after Thanksgiving. So watching my favorites is something I live for. Plus, from the day that i start seeing programs on the tv, my Tivo is filled up with Christmas themed things!

6. Writing to Santa. Of course i still do!

Sorry for the essay! But i just love the holiday spirit!

Currently Listening to: "Last Christmas": Taylor Swift
Old 11-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love December! The things that I look forward to are:

Going shopping with my Dad (we do it every year and it's lovely).
Decorating and putting up the tree
Parcel Wrapping (I see it as an art lol)
Christmas Movies (btw, I bough A Very Merry Muppet Christmas today lol)
Being around the family

Lovely Jubly!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
December 2nd is my middle step son's birthday. WE'll celebrate his birthday, with a gift, and I'll make him whatever cake he would like. Since i decorste the house with Christmas decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving, we'll enjoy the house fully decorated. I also can't wait to finish baking, wrapping presents, and sending christmas cards. Also, the radio staton I listen to starts playing Christmas music 24/7 starting the day after Thaksgiving. When I'm not listening to the raido, i have a cd playing.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
In December I'm still putting finishing touches on my decorating so I enjoy that part of the month.
No Christmas parties, shopping is always a little iffy because of the weather so I try to have it all done before Dec. But I might still do a little baking.
I enjoy watching the Christmas programs on tv during the month of Dec. And of course I enjoy watching the joy on my grandchildren's faces when they see the trees and the rest of the Christmas lights lite up.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

NLxmasmom has shown a merry disposition
I love decorating our home inside and out.
Going to watch the kids in their Christmas Concerts
The Church Christmas Banquet
The Old Fashioned Christmas Concert
Shopping
Driving around looking at the lights. We usually stop at Tim Horton's and buy Hot chocolate and donuts to eat along the way.
Watching Christmas movies.
Spending time with my family.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

winterwonderland88 has shown a merry disposition
Ooooh so very many things lol!

Christmas shopping and wrapping the presents when I get home, I have to do it straight away as my sister is a nightmare for playing hunt the presents! Hearing Christmas music on the radio, and all the really , so-diabolical-it's-fantastic Christmas things Channel 5 puts on. Going to buy the Christmas tree and the subsequent thermos of tea, mince pies and a walk in the forest. Going to watch the lights being turned on in the town centre. Decorating the house, which we have always done on the day we break up from school, and that now me and my sister are all grown up, the day my mum(a teacher) breaks up from school! It's usually around the 20th, and we dance round the house to Christmas music whilst untangling lights and fighting over who gets to do the best bits lol.

But my favourite thing of all has to be the day I break up from uni, when I pack up all my things and load up the car, stick a Christmas CD on (driving home for Christmas by Chris Rea is always a must lol) and drive home knowing I have a whole month of festive family fun ahead of me.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
everything and anything Christmas!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

derrick182 has shown a merry dispositionderrick182 has shown a merry disposition
I enjoy watching all the old Christmas specials, reading little stories, playing flash games and figure out what to buy the family and some of my friends.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Belly shakes like Jelly

Last Achievements

Steven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elf
watching Christmas movies, eating and sleeping
Old 11-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

MissFrissmas has shown a merry dispositionMissFrissmas has shown a merry dispositionMissFrissmas has shown a merry disposition
My top 10 things:
1. Being Santa and passing on the joy and magic to my son and his cousins.
2. Celebrating the end of another year with my family and friends.
3. Making an effort to catch up with girlfriends.
4. Work Christmas parties... 1 of the doctors I work with really relaxes at this time of year. I see him in a different light at the work party. Could be the alcohol though!!
5. Watching the presents mount up under the tree.
6. Spending another Christmas with my now 89 year old Nana.
7. I love going to Myer (A big department store for those who don't know) with my son and seeing the Christmas Display Windows in the city. 2 hour drive from here.
8. Driving around looking at the lights. Realising that there are others who love the spirit of Christmas!
9. Hitting the Post-Christmas Sales.
10. Pigging out on desserts on Christmas Day. Naughty I know!