Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Firestone Christmas Albums

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,124
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, gorcidurch

Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

jiminmanjr has shown a merry disposition
Firestone Christmas Albums

Yesterday I was in a flea market, and found several old Firestone Christmas Albums. They were all priced $.50 - $2 each, and looked to be in reasonable condition.

Does anyone know of some history about the albums? I believe there were seven made, but I'm not sure of the dates of the albums.

I'm trying to pick up old Christmas albums as I find them, and plan to enjoy the music during the holiday season (or when it's just too hot outside!).

Any information would be appreciated!

Jim
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jiminmanjr For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-17-2013), Undrtakr (04-17-2013), XmasDreams (04-17-2013), Yuletide Junkie (04-21-2013)

Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,044 Times in 1,086 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Just checked on google. Never heard of them before but it looks interesting. Have you listened to them yet? Kinda rare like the KFC Christmas records lol.
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-17-2013), XmasDreams (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,489 Times in 1,591 Posts
XmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the tree
This sounds like a great set of albums would love to hear more.

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,114 Times in 15,254 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I don't know the history of them, maybe later when I get on my laptop I can look around and see what I can find.
Another great place to buy old Christmas albums is at Goodwill stores or other thrift shops, the one by me sells them $.25 an album.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
I have a feeling you're going to get some info when RJD chimes in on this discussion
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redkaga For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-17-2013), XmasDreams (04-17-2013), Yuletide Junkie (04-21-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,169 Times in 6,085 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The one who would probably have all the answers is RadioJonD. If he doesn't happen by this thread, you might send him a PM with your question.

There's a website that sells MP3s of the Firestone albums and other "series" Christmas albums. I haven't dealt with them, so I can't endorse them, but you might find it interesting.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (04-17-2013), snowflake22 (04-17-2013), XmasDreams (04-17-2013), Yuletide Junkie (04-21-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 12:19 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have a few of them at home. Picked them up @ goodwill I believe
Not sure How many there were, I think of them as like the time life treasury cd's.
snowflake22 (04-17-2013), Yuletide Junkie (04-21-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Last Achievements

I just went through my Christmas albums (a small collection relatively speaking), and found that I do not have ANY Firestone Christmas albums.

If you want to hear an album in its entirety, a couple are loaded up on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cMq7Xmhu5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi_ix3cfzLA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminmanjr For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-17-2013), Yuletide Junkie (04-21-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 08:13 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Firestone Christmas Albums & RIP Risė Stevens

Howdy Jim!

Here is a thread from another Merry Network forum where the Firestone Christmas Albums were discussed.

Also looks like Susan (She's here too but I forget her username) gave a rather extensive answer at Christmas Movies & Music too! She's the real expert!

On a related note, soprano opera star Risė Stevens, featured on two (I think) of those Firestone Christmas Albums, passed away March 20, 2013 at 99 years of age!
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Yuletide Junkie (04-21-2013)
Old 04-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Howdy Jim!

Here is a thread from another Merry Network forum where the Firestone Christmas Albums were discussed.

Also looks like Susan (She's here too but I forget her username) gave a rather extensive answer at Christmas Movies & Music too! She's the real expert!

On a related note, soprano opera star Risė Stevens, featured on two (I think) of those Firestone Christmas Albums, passed away March 20, 2013 at 99 years of age!

JonD - Thanks for the links! I am in the CM&M group, and Susan did give me a lot of information there. But, I thought I would see what else I could find through this forum as well.

Side note - yesterday our local Half Price Books store was doing a big sale. There were two boxes full of Christmas CDs and books... plus a new "Deep Discount" room in the back. I bought probably 30 records, books and CDs, and spent less than $11! Some of the CDs may be "ehhh," but it's something to add to the collection.

... and I did get two of the Firestone albums!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminmanjr For This Useful Post:
HollyJolly (07-11-2013), Yuletide Junkie (04-21-2013)