Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Story of White...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:01 PM
43,504 Views  0 Posts
Seeing Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:16 PM
49,947 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part IV: He...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:47 PM
66,425 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2004
By MMC Editor
06-11-2004 11:00 PM
60,542 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Legendary Christmas...
By Jeff Westover
09-26-2012 12:27 PM
62,923 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
Grr! Angry!

We are currently taking care of my brother's dog Haley while he is serving in the Navy. Anyway, I should have know to be suspicious of her being quiet. She is the type of dog who always wants to play. She comes down stairs with one of my most prized ornaments in her mouth!

My Bianca (The Rescuers Down Under) ornament my mom got me from McDonolds when the movie was being promoted. It's always been in pristine condition, and now she looks like she's had some really bad plastic (no pun intended) surgery.

I know I shouldn't be so angry at Haley, given where she came from. My brother made the poor decision of getting a dog while he is over a thousand miles away and in the Navy. Anyone that knows the military knows they are unpredictable. Hurry up and wait, so to speak. Anyway, my brother relied on his roommates to care for her when he was on duty. Sometimes he wouldn't tell them he had duty and she would be stuck in her kennel for two days. The roommates also were not very nice to her. She is a jumpy dog because of it. My parents literally rescued her from that horrible life. Granted, my brother loves her, he just didn't have the freedom to care for her how she should be.

Back to the ornament. I was so mad, I made Haley go in her kennel. She hardly ever goes in there, so she knew she was bad. I feel so bad now that I was mean to her, the looks she still gives me are heartbreaking.

Good news is, I found a new Bianca on ebay.

Anyone else have those moments of nothing but anger? Over something stupid like me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bianca.jpg (12.5 KB, 0 views)
Christmasstar (12-10-2012), sugar142286 (12-08-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 02:45 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,049 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I can understand Your anger....of course the doggy didnīt want to do any harm or do bad.....she just wanted to play......too bad she grew up like this and not in a more caring way...Im glad she is having a nice home.......just go there now and cuddle her.....she forgot what she done wrong anyways now

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
act_as_if (11-12-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,403 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
You've got to remember - you're the human, she's the dog. As Tanja said, she didn't know she was doing wrong and wouldn't remember what she was getting in trouble for. You should never use her kennel as a punishment either or you will have trouble getting her in it normally.

I personally think you over-reacted - maybe something else is bothering you and this was the straw that broke the camel's back??

At least you were able to find another on ebay. My son (well, me now really) has a bag full of the happy meal toys which were collected over the years - I don't know if we have Bianca but I can offer you a wide range of Jaffars?????

xxx
Old 11-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,029 Times in 2,876 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
hiya
sorry had to laugh at your post its brings back so many times ii have went and seem things these 2 of mne has eat or destroyed and even in the past wth other dogs
Make up should have seem that mess.lol my brand new roland cartier shoes. the phone line the sunday dinner cooked and twice not cooked ,socks. my chrsitmas cushions one year i could go on and on
I got cross but i shout a moment or 2 and thats it , tell them they are bad dogs. i cant stay mad long at them.
I look at life funny i think well there will come a day that i will wish they were there to eat something so ii forgive them quick
act_as_if (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
Thanks guys!

It really is an important ornament to me. Not only is it from one of my favorite movies, but it was bought for me before either of my brothers were born. Before I was no longer the only child. It may have been just a stupid McDonolds toy to some, but it means something to me.

I didn't stay mad at her for long.(too stinkin cute to be!) Literally two minutes after I put her in her kennel I let her back out. It was just one of those things that caught me off guard, that I didn't even think she would see as a toy because it wasn't on the floor.

This Christmas will be interesting, it's her first one. Last year my brother didn't decorate, too busy working on the ship. I know I'm in for lots of ornament guarding and making sure she doesn't see presents as toys. She already tried playing with some of my moms snowmen...

I just felt like venting over the frustrations of a dog who thinks everything is a toy. Thanks to my brother for not correcting her!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I remember the first christmas with my cat.......she sat in the tree all the time....i hope the doggy doesnt do that ......will probably make it fall over....as my mothers cat once did....destroyed 2 thirds of her ornaments

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Solice (11-16-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
When I read these kind of post I'm glad I do not have any pets or want any pets. My Dad always said a kid would get spanked for destroying things like dogs or other pets do and he sure was right.
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Just talked to my daughter and she told me their dog chewed up the TV remote, it will not work now. He also chewed up the glove they use to tend to the wood burner.
My grandson's fiance has to get new glasses, her dog chewed them and scratched the lenses.
I don't see anything safe under my daughter's Christmas tree this year because of that dog. Or on the tree. I can't afford to have things destroyed.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
I can feel your frustration. We had the best dog for about 6 years, she was just a honey and never really got into anything. We lost her unespectedy in May, still not sure what made her sick. But we were devistated. We got 2 new dogs to replace her, both just a year old and well, lets say we've had to do some very creative rearraning of items in our house. One just loves my peacock feathers, I guess they crunch AND tickle, what could be better? LOL I am almost dreading putting up the tree, I think I am going to have to put a small table in front of it so they don't get too near it. I'm just hoping the breakage isn't too bad this year! If you need a good laugh though, try going to www.dogshaming.com , Go through that list and you'll realize your brother's dog may not be ALL that bad! One of my favorites was a puppy sitting in the kitchen sink with a sign that read "I accidently turned the water on while my parents were away. 6 weeks and $70,000 later, we're almost ready to move back in!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgrover For This Useful Post:
act_as_if (11-25-2012), sugar142286 (12-08-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

lol....I will sure check out that link now

Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Merry Fourms Member

nachtmusik has shown a merry disposition
...Yeah, I'll be honest, I can never get mad at animals like that. They don't understand, and you can't expect them to. My puppy ruined one of my favorite pairs of boots and I had to shell out nearly $100 to replace them, but I couldn't bring myself to be mad at her. I was mad at myself for forgetting to put them away that day. You just have to remember how utterly unfair it is to blame them for this sort of thing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nachtmusik For This Useful Post:
act_as_if (12-07-2012), caninemom3 (12-08-2012), sugar142286 (12-08-2012)