Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » If You Could Choose Only One Album...

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Candygold Affordable Homemade...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:33 PM
51,546 Views  0 Posts
The Story of White...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:01 PM
43,541 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2007
By MMC Editor
06-11-2007 11:13 PM
54,676 Views  0 Posts
He was there!
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:34 PM
46,731 Views  0 Posts
Grandpa Got Run Over By...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:22 PM
63,838 Views  0 Posts

Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
If You Could Choose Only One Album...

If you could choose only one Christmas Album to listen to for the rest of your life, what would it be???

Jay
ballcoach (04-29-2013), Holiday (10-09-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,341 Times in 5,604 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JayIsh View Post
If you could choose only one Christmas Album to listen to for the rest of your life, what would it be???

Jay
I can't even answer that one ... it hurts to think about it!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
JayIsh (04-30-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013)
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I would record my daughter Kandice while singing Christmas songs

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (04-29-2013), JayIsh (04-30-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013)
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
this one is so so hard....probably Natīs

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 11:11 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I'm stuck between "Kenny Loggins December" and "Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's A Christmas to Remember"...I originated the thread and even I can't just pick one!!!
snowflake22 (04-29-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Tony Bennett's "Snowfall"
Old 04-29-2013, 03:03 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
“I Know What He Wants For Christmas...but I don't know how to wrap it! ” – Kay Martin & Her Bodyguards. At least the album art would always be interesting.

Really, I don’t know either but probably one of the Capitol Records Ultra Lounge Christmas Cocktails CDs. (If boxed sets are included in our one choice, then difinitely these!)
Old 04-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,407 Times in 1,735 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I'd have to go check the name of it but it's a compilation with 3 cd's (is that cheating?!) The first is comprised of the must have Christmas staples of Andy Williams, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby etc. The second is more recent stuff - Band Aid, Wham, Mariah Carey etc. The third is traditional Christmas carols sung by traditional Christmas choirs (well, you know what I mean)

Think I'm covered for all eventualities now, thank you very much

Old 04-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
Initially I thought this would be an easy answer, but then I start thinking...

First thought was Perry Como Sings Merry Christmas Music. That was the record my parents would cue up every Christmas morning right before we ran downstairs to open presents. When we heard the first line of Perry's recitation of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, we could come see the treasures Santa brought. "Sings..." is probably the only album, Christmas or otherwise, that my family has owned in 33 1/3, cassette, CD, and digital formats.

But then I thought about Christmas Portrait by the Carpenters. This album has been the "go to" Christmas album for my wife and our family. I love the way Richard Carpenter mixed this album to essentially be one continuous piece of music rather than a bunch of separate tracks.

I guess I'd flip a coin between those two albums if I had to pick one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redkaga For This Useful Post:
JayIsh (04-30-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013), SpiritOfXmas (09-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That is a very hard question but like Maureen I also have a compilation 2 CD set of various artist that I have been playing year after year for nearly 25 years, went from LP's then replaced them to cassette tapes and finally bought the CD's, The Time-Life Treasury of Christmas. I can't live without it and I guess I would have to choose that one but sure would miss some other music that is not on that CD.

Please don't tell me the "Christmas Album Police" will be by my house soon to tell me to choose one while they confiscate the rest!

(Time to find a good hiding place)

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (04-29-2013), JayIsh (04-30-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013)