Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » So do you think this would be a good idea?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
So do you think this would be a good idea?

I've been saving Christmas cards for the last few years, and I got to thinking of a neat way to re-use them:

If you had enough cards, what if you could turn them into a calendar? Not just a monthly calendar, but a daily calendar (like the old "The Far Side" daily calendar's they used to have)...

So maybe cut the image on the front of the Christmas card, tape it onto some cardstock paper with the dates on them at the top, and put them in a rolodex...or something like that.

That way, every single day, you could flip to a new image of Christmas!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (05-23-2013), Festive Spirit (05-17-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-23-2013), made582 (05-16-2013), Meceka (05-17-2013), snowflake22 (05-19-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I think itīs a mighty good idea!!!! will be a lot of work....but a great idea!!!!! and one that doesnīt have to be thrown away after one year, cos You can use it year after year after year

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (05-23-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-23-2013), snowflake22 (05-19-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,282 Times in 5,922 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That's an interesting idea for having a little Christmas every day!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-23-2013), snowflake22 (05-19-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,637 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
I love your idea! It's a great way to make use of old Christmas cards that you don't want to get rid of.

I think I will use my old cards to make an advent calendar for the month of December or maybe from the start of the season in November. Thanks for the inspiration!! Goodluck with your own, don't forget to show us a photo of your finished product!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-23-2013), snowflake22 (05-19-2013), trackrebel (05-30-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 06:43 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,611 Times in 17,356 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Bells

Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
I've been saving Christmas cards for the last few years, and I got to thinking of a neat way to re-use them:

If you had enough cards, what if you could turn them into a calendar? Not just a monthly calendar, but a daily calendar (like the old "The Far Side" daily calendar's they used to have)...

So maybe cut the image on the front of the Christmas card, tape it onto some cardstock paper with the dates on them at the top, and put them in a rolodex...or something like that.

That way, every single day, you could flip to a new image of Christmas!
That is a lovely idea!! So fun & festive!!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Magpie has shown a merry dispositionMagpie has shown a merry dispositionMagpie has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Tree

I love the idea of a little bit of Christmas every day! I don't have one crafty bone in my body so I'm afraid I wouldn't even attempt it, but I'd love to see a photo of the finished product when you've finished!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magpie For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-23-2013), snowflake22 (05-20-2013), trackrebel (05-30-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,402 Times in 8,241 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I think its a wonderful idea. Christmas cards are so beautiful, what a nice way to look at them every day. I would also love to see the finished product!
ballcoach (05-23-2013), snowflake22 (05-23-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
One year I collected all of the Santa cards and made a year Calendar. I had enough Santa's for two years worth. It is a great idea and you will have fun making it. Enjoy!