Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Christmas Trees And House Decorations

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,450
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,247 Views  7 Posts
The Summer Creation of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:05 PM
44,368 Views  0 Posts
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,927 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:49 PM
51,802 Views  0 Posts
Mrs. Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:55 PM
Last post by sammylar1304
08-17-2011 02:31 PM
47,908 Views  1 Posts

Old 09-16-2007, 05:21 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

ChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elfChristmasFan08 is a good elf
stocking Christmas Trees And House Decorations

sorry if it has already been asked b4 but how do you deocrate the inside of your house and the xmas tree

in our house we have tinsel and ornaments up everywhere

and the tree coated with twinkle fairy lights

how do you decorate
Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,354 Times in 3,121 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I put up a 7 1/2 ft. tree in our "great room" (our kitchen/dining room/tv room is basically 1 big open room) & this tree has no theme. I have a lot of ornaments that are pretty old - they are ornaments my Mom had when I was younger & living at home, & I also have a lot of new ornaments. My tree is pretty much packed full of ornaments & I'm buying more every year. I decorate w/ thousands of multi lights & some clear too, silver garland, & a star tree topper. I put some fake snow on top of our entertainment center & I put decorations on top of the snow - small trees, (one lighted) a ceramic Santa & Mrs. Claus dancing, a fireplace w/ a Mom, Pop, & child standing beside it w/ the date "Dec. 24" displayed on the mantle, a Christmas candle & a couple other misc. Christmas decorations. I hang garland & lights accross our firplace mantle & I have mostly ceramic Christmas figurines on my mantle. I have a nativity scene on top of our stereo, a ceramic tree on top of a plant stand, I have a snowman lace tablecloth over the table w/ Santa place mats. I put lights & garland around our banister & 3 red bows going down. I cover our front door w/ red foil & I hang a Christmas wreath on the door. I also hang a Christmas wreath on our fireplace. I put decorations in every room in our house. In our basement I have a Buckeye tree (Ohio State) w/ red & clear lights, red & sliver beads, red & sliver garland, a red & sliver bow for the tree topper & all the ornaments are either an OSU ornament, or a silver, red, or white bulb w/ a OSU sticker on it (I actually used OSU face tatoo's & put them on the bulbs) I also have quite a few decorations I set out in the basement. Now I'm really excited to get my Christmas stuff out!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Montana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry dispositionMontana's Santa has shown a merry disposition
holly How Santa decorates his house

I have a tree up 24/7/. I have garland hanging around the walls, 300+ Santas (figurines and pictures) on my walls, Santa clocks, Santa cups and dishes, Santa cookie jars, a life size Santa puppet and lights hanging outside my house with an illuminated poster of Rudolph and I waving to visitors.
Other than that, I don't get in the spirit much...
Old 09-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,354 Times in 3,121 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Montana's Santa View Post
I have a tree up 24/7/. I have garland hanging around the walls, 300+ Santas (figurines and pictures) on my walls, Santa clocks, Santa cups and dishes, Santa cookie jars, a life size Santa puppet and lights hanging outside my house with an illuminated poster of Rudolph and I waving to visitors.
Other than that, I don't get in the spirit much...
Old 09-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
I have several Christmas decorations that stay up all year long. We put our lage Christmas tree up in the living room in front of the picture window. We use white Christmas lights on our tree. I decorate everything snowmen(women) We hang white icycle lights outside the front and side of the house.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Well, we just remodeled our living room, so I guess these are my plans for this year. The room is 25 x 15, and sort of partitioned off with furniture to be living room/office. I'm going to put the big tree, 7 1/2', pre-lit with multi-colored lights, in the office section, in front of the two large windows. That tree has all sorts of decorations, mostly shiny and glittery, with glass or plastic icicles hanging. I have a big lit up star on the top. My living room is all antiques, and so I am putting a little tabletop tree in there, with those lights that look like candles, and all antique blown glass ornaments, popcorn and cranberry garldand, and an antique steeple on top. That will go in the corner. I also want to get those candles that you put in the windows. Now that the room has gone from 4 outlets to 14, I can plug, plug, plug, plug! I tried the battery ones, they failed miserably, so I'm excited to get the plug in ones this year. We've also got a fireplace surround around the projection TV. My husband insisted on getting this big, black monstrosity, and it stuck out like a sore thumb among all my antiques, so my hubby said, "I can fix that!" and built me what looks like a fireplace mantle to surround the TV. It looks great! So now I can put up one of those Christmas villages, and hang stockings off the sides! Add some garland and bows, a nativity and a few other goodies, and that's my decorating.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Clark Griswold has shown a merry disposition
We have 3 7 1/2 foot trees that will be going up. One green, one white, one silver. White lights, garland around the door ways that is also lit. Decorations throughout the house. All windows have a candle in them. Lastly, there will be 2 4 1/2 foot trees on the front porch, lit with white lights.

Can't wait.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker
Last Achievements

JollySteve has shown a merry dispositionJollySteve has shown a merry disposition
We set up our tree in the corner of our living room, wrapped with multi, and white colored lights. We then wrap silver tinsel around it, and then put on a coat of icicles.

As far as decorations go, this year is going to be completly different than the previous years. I am no longer going to worry about space in the living room, and lay it all on the line, and put everything out. One part will be devoted to Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys, another part of the living room will have Dept 56 Disney Main Street Christmas set up. Santa will have his own little area, and lights will be everywhere.

Sorry, didn't mean to go on like that, just starting to get alittle anxious to set everything up.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I moved in my house in February. My living room will have to be rearranged to fit my main Christmas tree I have been semi-stressing about how to do it. I know every thing will turn out good but until it does I'll kind of stress.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Rennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elfRennabelle is a good elf
bell

I have a tree for every room in my house except for the utility porch. To linty there because of washer and dryer.

My frontroom tree is one we go to the mountains in the snow to get, it usually is a noble fir. We usually decorate it with decorations that have been giving to us or made for us by either our kids, grand kids, spouse, friends or ? I also have some old time ornaments on it that my mother had for many years. This year I will add some homemade snowmen to it also. The tree in my office is angels, the one in the spare room is kid oriented, I have a small one in the bathroom that I have old toy bathroom items on and things for or from the bathrooms of old. My kitchen has decorations made of old kitchen items that I have put rustic ribbons on. My top for this small tree is an old tee strainer that i have a small bunch of battery operated lights in and a few small red and white flowers attached to . The flowers are the opaque type and glow when the lights are on. My bedroom tree is a small one also that has old dolls that I have found at garage sales and made some old fashioned Christmas clothes for them, I have made one into an angel for the top of the tree.

I place garland and lights around each door in the house and that is where I hang my cards when they come in. I have a wreath on each of the doors inside the house, some are motion activated and start singing when you come close to them. During the Christmas season my house if very noisy. I have about 30 or more action, singing, christmas figures that I place in various places throughout the house. I have a village on my buffet and entertainment center, but I am planing something else for it but wont say until I figure out if I can do it or not. I have a nativity that I place on a small table in my front room. I make a basket out of cones and lights to place in a corner each year, the lights warm up the cones and give a pine smell out into the house, makes it all smell so yummy. I also place cinnamon sticks in the basket close to the lights. I have lots and lots more that I do but drawing a blank right now.